Eternal Security

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I believe you will find that people don't "hate" because you believe differently. What they/we/I object to, is you trying to impose your beliefs on us!!

You say that you are right and we are wrong.
So just enjoy your "rightness" and leave us alone to enjoy ours... but you don't. You nag.

BTW what has all this got to do with the OP eternal security!!!
This thread has gone sideways.

You are right!

Eternal security is to abide in Christ. We don't carry around this security with us....because it is found only in Him. But, if we abide in Him then we indeed carry this security IN us.

Reactions: faithfulness

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
BTW what has all this got to do with the OP eternal security!!!
This thread has gone sideways.
This derailment started when I posted #304 to refute OSAS, but another poster mistook me to be talking about the Sabbath.

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
In the OT there was only a temple holiness. An outward holiness. But no longer. The outward holiness that is based on laws is done away with because eternal life which is in holiness has come.
Not true. Here is one example;

Lev 11:42 Whatsoever goeth upon the belly, and whatsoever goeth upon all four, or whatsoever hath more feet among all creeping things that creep upon the earth, them ye shall not eat; for they are an abomination.
Lev 11:43 Ye shall not make yourselves abominable with any creeping thing that creepeth, neither shall ye make yourselves unclean with them, that ye should be defiled thereby.
Lev 11:44 For I am YHWH your God: ye shall therefore sanctify yourselves, and ye shall be holy; for I am holy: neither shall ye defile yourselves with any manner of creeping thing that creeps upon the earth.
The defilement refers to the defilement of the entire person, inside and out, through touching and eating such abominations. YHWH wanted Israel to be holy as He is which is a holiness through and through. Even New Covenant believers are to be holy through and through, not only through Yeshua, but through abstaining from sin.

1Pe 1:14 As obedient children, not fashioning yourselves according to the former lusts in your ignorance:
1Pe 1:15 But as He which has called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation (behavior, conduct);
1Pe 1:16 Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.​

Disobedience is the enemy of holiness.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Not true. Here is one example;

Lev 11:42 Whatsoever goeth upon the belly, and whatsoever goeth upon all four, or whatsoever hath more feet among all creeping things that creep upon the earth, them ye shall not eat; for they are an abomination.
Lev 11:43 Ye shall not make yourselves abominable with any creeping thing that creepeth, neither shall ye make yourselves unclean with them, that ye should be defiled thereby.
Lev 11:44 For I am YHWH your God: ye shall therefore sanctify yourselves, and ye shall be holy; for I am holy: neither shall ye defile yourselves with any manner of creeping thing that creeps upon the earth.
The defilement refers to the defilement of the entire person, inside and out, through touching and eating such abominations. YHWH wanted Israel to be holy as He is which is a holiness through and through. Even New Covenant believers are to be holy through and through, not only through Yeshua, but through abstaining from sin.

1Pe 1:14 As obedient children, not fashioning yourselves according to the former lusts in your ignorance:
1Pe 1:15 But as He which has called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation (behavior, conduct);
1Pe 1:16 Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.​

Disobedience is the enemy of holiness.

What of this?

Acts 10:11 and saw heaven opened and an object like a great sheet bound at the four corners, descending to him and let down to the earth. 12 In it were all kinds of four-footed animals of the earth, wild beasts, creeping things, and birds of the air. 13 And a voice came to him, “Rise, Peter; kill and eat.”
14 But Peter said, “Not so, Lord! For I have never eaten anything common or unclean.”
15 And a voice spoke to him again the second time, “What God has cleansed you must not call common.” 16 This was done three times. And the object was taken up into heaven again.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ha....
Not in the koine greek language.
Check it out for yourself.

Pisteuo means “to believe, to be confident in, to be convinced by”

Pisteuo in the New Testament always concerns believing in God and Christ; believe in koine greek was understood to mean absolute confidence and trust, complete surrender, and heartfelt obedience. Any disobedience is caused by unbelief; the Greek word for unbelief also means disobedience.

I have no problem with believing in God and Christ which means I have absolute confidence and trust and complete surrender to Him. That is the obedience of faith. (Rom. 16:26) That we exercise when we place faith in Christ.

That does not mean 'obey' and 'belief' are the same words and have the same meaning. They don't. Belief occurs first in our heart and obedience follows. That is why we have the two different words. And that is why the Greek has two different words.

No, not all disobedience is caused by unbelief. Much is just caused by sin. The sin of unbelief will result in disobedience but one is first the other follows.

Stranger

Reactions: justbyfaith

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
What of this?

Acts 10:11 and saw heaven opened and an object like a great sheet bound at the four corners, descending to him and let down to the earth. 12 In it were all kinds of four-footed animals of the earth, wild beasts, creeping things, and birds of the air. 13 And a voice came to him, “Rise, Peter; kill and eat.”
14 But Peter said, “Not so, Lord! For I have never eaten anything common or unclean.”
15 And a voice spoke to him again the second time, “What God has cleansed you must not call common.” 16 This was done three times. And the object was taken up into heaven again.
Acts 10:28 gives us the interpretation;

And he said unto them, You know how that it is an unlawful thing for a man that is a Jew to keep company, or come unto one of another nation; but God has showed me that I should not call any man common or unclean.
Peter was NOT shown that unclean animals were now edible.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Acts 10:28 gives us the interpretation;

And he said unto them, You know how that it is an unlawful thing for a man that is a Jew to keep company, or come unto one of another nation; but God has showed me that I should not call any man common or unclean.
Peter was NOT shown that unclean animals were now edible.

What does kill and eat mean to you then?

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It was a vision with a lesson. If you choose to go beyond the interpretation that YHWH gave Peter, so be it. I would never do such a thing knowing how that would mislead people.

But you are missing the lesson....there is NOTHING unclean of itself. It isn't what goes into the body that defiles it (makes t unclean) but what we DO and SAY...these are the things that defile a person.

Mat. 15:11 A man is not defiled by what enters his mouth, but by what comes out of it.”

THAT is the point of the vision.

Last edited:

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I don't impose or nag. I correct and enlighten those who have ears to hear and eyes to see.

Well you have done it over and over...so you can stop now...we have heard you.
You can stop now.