Eternal Security?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Ok...why would anyone want to become a living sacrifice?
ha, no kidding, you def gotta be considering others to be doing this, bc you are for sure going to be hating yourself i guess. Why would Colin Kaepernick knowingly, willfully throw away hundreds of millions of dollars? Or you can pick your own Qs i guess, my current answer is "that is how the world passes away."

but you gotta believe the choice was made very clear to him, at least at a certain point, right; he wasn't trying to get famous or anything, for all he knew he would just get fired and be sent off into ignominy. He only got publicity to be ridiculed, and it backfired imo

Last edited:

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world. So imo there is where. But forgiveness did not save Adam and Eve, as we can plainly see @ "Who told you that you were naked?" and "here, have a skin then," and it won't save anyone who does not confess either i guess.

Ppl who carry unconfessed sin are forgiven already, but they are still going to hide when the light shines, as we can even observe irl right, "we knew that we were naked, and so we hid." I'm not sure why believers are so resistant to this, they have no probs forgiving their own children easily enough i guess

Vengeance is mine, says the Lord bc God understands that vengeance is not even necessary, the evil will destroy themselves if they do not turn

The problem arises when we don't take the whole counsel of God into consideration.

The bible says....Make NO provision for the flesh.

It also says...

“[Jesus Christ] Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;” (Romans 3:25).

When you put those ideas together it doesn't add up to a carte blanche to sin without penalty.

There is also this...

Gal. 2:17 "But if, while seeking to be justified in Christ, we ourselves have also been found sinners, is Christ then a minister of sin? May it never be!

So then sin does NOT represent Christ. IF (not when) we sin we indeed have an advocate. But that is an IF.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
...he wasn't trying to get famous or anything...
This is completely off topic but anyhow... He was trying to get infamous and have his *fifteen minutes of fame* by showing disrespect. Now if he (and others like him) truly hate America, why don't they migrate to Cuba, Russia, or Venezuela? These guys want to have their cake and eat it too. To compound this nonsense, Nike has tried to make him a hero instead of showing him how pathetic this is, and it is backfiring on Nike (as it should).

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Pathetic ! that such gets Media attention. she knows nothing at all what she is on about, it was a disgrace to make a little kid come out slandering generations of Australians. the point is they are not angered at the little girl at all, but the hide of such idiots to make such news. not to mention that this type of total crap is peddled in schools nowadays by Satanic Marxist who are trying to undermine our forefathers and that really get on my goat as I have nothing but respect for them, I seen a show of late called The great Australian race riot with a real moron Peter Fitzsimons totally bagging our diggers, I tell you what he would not want to show his stupid satanic Marxist face around the pubs 30 years ago and say that crap, but idiots like that can get away with such rubbish now because most don't know any better.

The only person that I have met years ago that would not sing God saved the Queen at school was an Irish man, fair enough I thought but that's up to him why, but he was not trying to be a prick about it.
I like God saved the Queen better than what we have now, I am a monarchist but do not like the way that the Irish were treated at all.

Heb 13:8

Nov 2, 2016
USA
So then sin does NOT represent Christ. IF (not when) we sin we indeed have an advocate. But that is an IF.

Right, if you are born again, if you have come to faith in Jesus Christ, you have an advocate.

1 Jhn 2:1-2 My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have an advocate with the Father—Jesus Christ, the Righteous One. 2He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world.

God bless

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
There is no eternal security for having certain beliefs. That is a strawman.
You are the one who just created the straw man. It is not *certain beliefs* that produce eternal security. It is (1) the grace of God, (2)the finished work of Christ, and (3) the perfect salvation designed by the Godhead, that provides eternal security.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You are the one who just created the straw man. It is not *certain beliefs* that produce eternal security. It is (1) the grace of God, (2)the finished work of Christ, and (3) the perfect salvation designed by the Godhead, that provides eternal security.

The grace of God is great if you walk in it. Otherwise they are just words that describe a potential...and a great potential for error. ..

But how does one procure this grace and this salvation? They are not some magic formula that if you say...grace of God...finished work...you can then have eternal security.

To have a perfect salvation...you need to walk in that perfect salvation.

So then the key to obtaining these things...is to walk in humility...and to walk in fear. God decides who gets to walk in the resurrection power of Jesus. I don't think it is obtained by religious posturing.

I get the impression that many people see salvation as a kind of pride thing....like they know how saved they are and they want to "show off". But this goes against humility.

So then the argument is backwards. Paul says to humbly speak of these things...with fear. THAT is what is written. And yet the ones who scream grace the loudest are NOT following the prescription for it. It is like yelling in a library the need to be quiet.

Last edited:
Reactions: faithfulness

Nov 2, 2016
USA
I get the impression that many people see salvation as a kind of pride thing....like they know how saved they are and they want to "show off". But this goes against humility.

"It's more of a spirit of pride. Human pride opposes salvation being a free gift. Human pride wants to deserve salvation. You would think that knowing that you can be saved without having to live up to God's standard of perfection would bring relief and hope and it does, but for some, they prefer to slog it out, trying to be good enough to deserve Heaven. Human pride wants to appeal to its own merit, and hard work as if salvation is something to win or to earn.

To human pride, there is something somewhat romantic about the spiritual quest, of seasons of fasting and self-abasement and ascetism and enlightenment, something about a journey in search of truth. That is more far more desirable to those ruled by their pride than the truth that we are nothing but worms, and miserable wretches who deserve nothing but God's contempt. Human pride doesn't take into account how offensive and repugnant our sin is to God. We have lost sight of that. We don't realize what we look like to God.

So human pride wants to, at best, make salvation a synthesis of God's grace and human effort. Human effort is either placed at the front or at the end. We either must work to get saved or we have to work to stay saved. Either way, at some point, salvation still depends on us from a pride standpoint. To those ruled by pride, salvation can never actually be "free." That is the spirit behind the anti-OSAS mentality."

- shiloh357 www(dot)worthychristianforums(dot)com

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
"It's more of a spirit of pride. Human pride opposes salvation being a free gift. Human pride wants to deserve salvation. You would think that knowing that you can be saved without having to live up to God's standard of perfection would bring relief and hope and it does, but for some, they prefer to slog it out, trying to be good enough to deserve Heaven. Human pride wants to appeal to its own merit, and hard work as if salvation is something to win or to earn.

To human pride, there is something somewhat romantic about the spiritual quest, of seasons of fasting and self-abasement and ascetism and enlightenment, something about a journey in search of truth. That is more far more desirable to those ruled by their pride than the truth that we are nothing but worms, and miserable wretches who deserve nothing but God's contempt. Human pride doesn't take into account how offensive and repugnant our sin is to God. We have lost sight of that. We don't realize what we look like to God.

So human pride wants to, at best, make salvation a synthesis of God's grace and human effort. Human effort is either placed at the front or at the end. We either must work to get saved or we have to work to stay saved. Either way, at some point, salvation still depends on us from a pride standpoint. To those ruled by pride, salvation can never actually be "free." That is the spirit behind the anti-OSAS mentality."

- shiloh357 www(dot)worthychristianforums(dot)com

holiness + sin= SIN

People who preach the above response are looking for a salvation IN sin. They want the fleshly man to inherit life. The Old Man of sin wants to be justified. So then the whole argument denies the cross.

Nov 2, 2016
USA
holiness + sin= SIN

People who preach the above response are looking for a salvation IN sin. They want the fleshly man to inherit life. The Old Man of sin wants to be justified. So then the whole argument denies the cross.

Episk, we are only holy because of what God did for us on the cross. No, OSAS believes in discipline and sanctification through the cross. We repent not to save ourselves but out of thankfulness of the cross. Saving yourself through works is denying the cross.

Reactions: Helen

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I get the impression that many people see salvation as a kind of pride thing.
How can salvation be "a pride thing" since it is "not of works LEST ANY MAN SHOULD BOAST"? (Eph 2:8,9).

Believing God and believing Christ are the necessary requirements. If we do not believe that God's salvation is supernatural and therefore perfect, we are far from believing God.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
How can salvation be "a pride thing" since it is "not of works LEST ANY MAN SHOULD BOAST"? (Eph 2:8,9).

Believing God and believing Christ are the necessary requirements. If we do not believe that God's salvation is supernatural and therefore perfect, we are far from believing God.

Too religious. The actual qualifications are to fear God and to work righteousness. (Acts 10:36) That is how you become acceptable to God. So you have it backwards.

Are you wiser then the apostle James? Do you have more wisdom than the bible? Or are you just a modern person who has over-reached with your understanding?

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Episk, we are only holy because of what God did for us on the cross. No, OSAS believes in discipline and sanctification through the cross. We repent not to save ourselves but out of thankfulness of the cross. Saving yourself through works is denying the cross.

We are only holy by entering into Jesus to walk as He walked. We "put on " Christ to be holy.

"saving yourself through works" is not a catch-all for everyone who isn't OSAS. That is a strawman.

Nov 2, 2016
USA
We are only holy by entering into Jesus to walk as He walked. We "put on " Christ to be holy.

We are holy through belief in the finished work of the cross. You would have to believe and confess first to put on Christ, Rom 10:9. Otherwise you're just another confused Pharisee feeding the homeless.

Reactions: Helen

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
We are holy through belief in the finished work of the cross. You would have to believe and confess first to put on Christ, Rom 10:9. Otherwise you're just another confused Pharisee feeding the homeless.

The devil believes in the finished work on the cross. That belief isn't important to get you anywhere..