Eternal Security?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Heb 13:8

Nov 2, 2016
USA
That's not what walking with Him means...I came to faith in 1980. But I have not always walked with Christ. I have walked for long periods by my own power even though I was still a Christian. i have been in and out of the Spirit. That's for real.

The problem is where people don't know the difference between grace and their own power. That's because they haven't walked any different...always in their own power.

You came to faith in 1980 and you're preaching non-osas?

Nov 2, 2016
USA
Even if I was a Christian for 80 years I would still see the gospel as conditional to faith/faithfulness

Well maybe you haven't come to a saving faith just yet. The true Gospel is based on Grace, not works and his Grace is unconditional.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Well maybe you haven't come to a saving faith just yet. The true Gospel is based on Grace, not works and his Grace is unconditional.

Grace brings power and a walk with God. His grace is conditional...so I know you have not yet experienced walking in the Spirit.

Reactions: faithfulness

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The religious that depend on their works to enter the kingdom are going to find themselves in the lake of fire to put in bluntly.

That's the "it" ?? You want people to get hell?

But true faith in Christ works...it works the works from heaven. You can't fake that.

Nov 2, 2016
USA
Grace brings power and a walk with God. His grace is conditional...so I know you have not yet experienced walking in the Spirit yet.

No, His grace is unconditional. Episk, we are merely human beings walking in imperfection. His power is what keeps us saved, it is nothing we do.

1 Cor 1:18 For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

God working through us...so that we walk like Jesus without sin...doing impossible things.

Right, believers work out their salvation Episk, not work for.

Phil 2:12-13 Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed—not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence—continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling, 13for it is God who works in you to will and to act in order to fulfill his good purpose.

That's the "it" ?? You want people to get hell?

But true faith in Christ works...it works the works from heaven. You can't fake that.

No, I don't want anyone to go to hell. I want them to come to a true saving faith in Jesus Christ. All I can do is plant the seed, Rom 10:9.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
No, His grace is unconditional. Episk, we are merely human beings walking in imperfection. His power is what keeps us saved, it is nothing we do.

1 Cor 1:18 For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

Right, believers work out their salvation Episk, not work for.

Phil 2:12-13 Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed—not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence—continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling, 13for it is God who works in you to will and to act in order to fulfill his good purpose.

No, I don't want anyone to go to hell. I want them to come to a true saving faith in Jesus Christ. All I can do is plant the seed, Rom 10:9.

You really don't understand grace. We need to go to God for fresh grace. Like gas for a car. Imagine if someone said to you....gasoline is unconditional... Would you think they had never been to a gas station before?

So I know that you don't understand grace or walking by the power of the risen Lord without sin.

You have religious notions....but no power.

But you are still young...there is time to seek the Lord for His power. I pray you do so.

Nov 2, 2016
USA
You really don't understand grace. We need to go to God for fresh grace. Like gas for a car. Imagine if someone said to you....gasoline is unconditional... Would you think they had never been to a gas station before?

So I know that you don't understand grace or walking by the power of the risen Lord without sin.

You have religious notions....but no power.

But you are still young...there is time to seek the Lord for His power. I pray you do so.

Episk, what you're describing is discipline Heb 12:4-13, sanctification and anointing 1 Jhn 2:27. Our daily walk in Christ has nothing to do with when we originally believed in Rom 10:9. Non-osas always error when they mix works with Grace. It's the pharisee mentality.

Nov 2, 2016
USA
A true born again believer is non-denominational. We follow Christ now, not religious denominations. Jhn 3:3-7.

Ac28

May 18, 2016
Arkansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To believe in eternal conscious torment - by Oscar Baker, but I shortened it a bit.
1- You would have to agree that sin could never then be eradicated. As long as a sinner is alive, there is sin in the universe. God's goal of a sinless universe could, therefore, never be reached. If sinners live eternally in the universe, Satan's statement of "Thou shall not surely die". would be truth and not a lie.
2- God would have to create a body that would be resistant to fire. This body would have to be immortal. So, everyone, the saved and unsaved would have an immortal body.
3-The word says that death and Hell will be tossed into the lake of fire. However, since the unsaved is immortal, how would you dispose of him?
4- If men must spend eternity finishing the penalty for sin, then Christ did not die for the ungodly

Salvation is a matter of life and death, not happiness and misery

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
although
I came that you might have life, and more abundantly,
so imo those are implied too prolly
What is the IT you are talking about?
The religious that depend on their works to enter the kingdom are going to find themselves in the lake of fire to put in bluntly.
Heb you might notice that you did not answer the Q here. What is "it?"

and you strike me as having plenty of grace btw, just in denial wadr, as your diversion testifies
how do you get out of the "all" in "all will be judged for their works," etc
eventually it will get overwhelming, you'll see
or you can die believing in Rapture, there is no judgement for beliefs anyway
but teaching is different, that is an action, ok, that is a work

Last edited: