Eternal Security?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
....is a man-made slogan...possibly made up by a converted used car salesman. It is from a very human perspective as it seeks guarantees.

But why can't God be trusted to do what is right?

Do we rely on a guarantee that's proof against God's judgments?

In the world we look for guarantees because we don't trust the word of a man or business.

But the only guarantee that exists in the universe is trusting God.

There IS security in walking by the Spirit. We know that when we are in God's presence there is security. But does that mean we can't come out of the Spirit? Of course not. But they who have faith in God are already secure in Him. HE is eternal security. There is no eternal security for having certain beliefs. That is a strawman.

Eternal life is a kind of life.

The people who are not secure in God...but look for security doctrines are actually spiritually INSECURE. That is why they obsess over security. Any challenge to what they are doing causes them to freak out...since their trust is in verses and not in God. It is better to not worry about security at all....but trust God.

The just walk by faith...not security. TRUST GOD. But if someone is weak in the faith and needs to feel secure about God...seek His face and enter into the Spirit...where one can experience eternal life.

Heb 13:8

Nov 2, 2016
USA
We're insecure by preaching security? Now that's a new one. Scripture is clear on OSAS...

Jhn 10:25-30 Jesus answered, “I did tell you, but you do not believe. The works I do in my Father’s name testify about me, 26but you do not believe because you are not my sheep. 27My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. 28I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. 29My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than allc ; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand. 30I and the Father are one.”

Rom 8:33, 35, 38-39 Who will bring any charge against those whom God has chosen? It is God who justifies. 35Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? 38For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Eph 1:13-14 And you also were included in Christ when you heard the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation. When you believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, 14who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God’s possession—to the praise of his glory.

1 Jhn 5:9-14 We accept human testimony, but God’s testimony is greater because it is the testimony of God, which he has given about his Son. 10Whoever believes in the Son of God accepts this testimony. Whoever does not believe God has made him out to be a liar, because they have not believed the testimony God has given about his Son. 11And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. 12Whoever has the Son has life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have life. 13I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life. 14This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
We're insecure by preaching security? Now that's a new one. Scripture is clear on OSAS...

Jhn 10:25-30 Jesus answered, “I did tell you, but you do not believe. The works I do in my Father’s name testify about me, 26but you do not believe because you are not my sheep. 27My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. 28I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. 29My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than allc ; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand. 30I and the Father are one.”

Rom 8:33-35, 38-39 Who will bring any charge against those whom God has chosen? It is God who justifies. 34Who then is the one who condemns? No one. Christ Jesus who died—more than that, who was raised to life—is at the right hand of God and is also inter35Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? 36As it is written: 37No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. 38For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons,k neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Eph 1:13-14 And you also were included in Christ when you heard the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation. When you believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, 14who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God’s possession—to the praise of his glory.

1 Jhn 5:9-14 We accept human testimony, but God’s testimony is greater because it is the testimony of God, which he has given about his Son. 10Whoever believes in the Son of God accepts this testimony. Whoever does not believe God has made him out to be a liar, because they have not believed the testimony God has given about his Son. 11And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. 12Whoever has the Son has life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have life. 13I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life. 14This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us.

People tend to over-compensate. So an insecure person will study the bible and memorize the verses that appeal to their self-interest.

It won't even cross the mind of a secure person in Christ to seek out verses that promote security...or at least that sound like they do.

Nov 2, 2016
USA
People tend to over-compensate. So an insecure person will study the bible and memorize the verses that appeal to their self-interest.

It won't even cross the mind of a secure person in Christ to seek out verses that promote security...or at least that sound like they do.

Well, I'm not really "seeking out". This is my testimony. If you don't believe me, then believe God. :rolleyes:

Heb 6:16-20 People swear by someone greater than themselves, and the oath confirms what is said and puts an end to all argument. 17Because God wanted to make the unchanging nature of his purpose very clear to the heirs of what was promised, he confirmed it with an oath. 18God did this so that, by two unchangeable things in which it is impossible for God to lie, we who have fled to take hold of the hope set before us may be greatly encouraged. 19We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure. It enters the inner sanctuary behind the curtain, 20where our forerunner, Jesus, has entered on our behalf. He has become a high priest forever, in the order of Melchizedek.

Reactions: LC627 and Helen

Nov 2, 2016
USA

No, you have it backwards. A OSAS believer has already come to Christ through belief in the finished work of the cross, the religious have not. Jhn 5 is actually referring to those who have not come to faith in Christ...

Jhn 5:36-40 “I have testimony weightier than that of John. For the works that the Father has given me to finish—the very works that I am doing—testify that the Father has sent me. 37And the Father who sent me has himself testified concerning me. You have never heard his voice nor seen his form, 38nor does his word dwell in you, for you do not believe the one he sent. 39You study the Scriptures diligently because you think that in them you have eternal life. These are the very Scriptures that testify about me, 40yet you refuse to come to me to have life.

God bless

Reactions: LC627

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Well, I'm not really "seeking out". This is my testimony. If you don't believe me, then believe God. :rolleyes:

Heb 6:16-20 People swear by someone greater than themselves, and the oath confirms what is said and puts an end to all argument. 17Because God wanted to make the unchanging nature of his purpose very clear to the heirs of what was promised, he confirmed it with an oath. 18God did this so that, by two unchangeable things in which it is impossible for God to lie, we who have fled to take hold of the hope set before us may be greatly encouraged. 19We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure. It enters the inner sanctuary behind the curtain, 20where our forerunner, Jesus, has entered on our behalf. He has become a high priest forever, in the order of Melchizedek.

A person who walks in the Spirit doesn't need to look for security elsewhere. Those who have NO LIFE in them but own a bible...will spend a lot of time looking for verses that they think bring them salvation. I have seen lists....MANY times of people that had little faith...but a lot a false assurances based on twisting the scriptures to back themselves up. Where is the humility and truth in that? In the world a self-promoter is given something. But not in the kingdom of God.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
No, you have it backwards. A OSAS believer has already come to Christ through belief in the finished work of the cross, the religious have not. Jhn 5 is actually referring to those who have not come to faith in Christ...

Jhn 5:36-40 “I have testimony weightier than that of John. For the works that the Father has given me to finish—the very works that I am doing—testify that the Father has sent me. 37And the Father who sent me has himself testified concerning me. You have never heard his voice nor seen his form, 38nor does his word dwell in you, for you do not believe the one he sent. 39You study the Scriptures diligently because you think that in them you have eternal life. These are the very Scriptures that testify about me, 40yet you refuse to come to me to have life.

God bless

So then if you believe OSAS then that is the same as truth? What about the rapture? I know people that believe that if tou don't believe in the rapture...then you can't be raptured. As if God was a philosopher...that heeded the pretensions of men.

Nov 2, 2016
USA
A person who walks in the Spirit doesn't need to look for security elsewhere. Those who have NO LIFE in them but own a bible...will spend a lot of time looking for verses that they think bring them salvation. I have seen lists....MANY times of people that had little faith...but a lot a false assurances based on twisting the scriptures to back themselves up. Where is the humility and truth in that? In the world a self-promoter is given something. But not in the kingdom of God.

God's testimony in 1 Jhn 5 is twisting scripture? Episk, scripture just confirms what we already know.

Nov 2, 2016
USA
So then if you believe OSAS then that is the same as truth? What about the rapture? I know people that believe that if tou don't believe in the rapture...then you can't be raptured. As if God was a philosopher...that heeded the pretensions of men.

The rapture is in 1 Thess 4:17, Rev 12:5. A believer in Christ will be raptured regardless if he believes in the rapture or not.

Reactions: Helen

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
this is that and that is this and i can't possibly be on tares bc i have all these nice ppl agreeing with me...lol

Reactions: Episkopos

Nov 2, 2016
USA
And what do we know? We know that the gospel has IFS. If those IFS aren't satisfied...then the Lord will take away from His promises to the faithful.

No, the ifs are encouragement to walk the Christian walk, read the book of Hebrews. It's an encouragement letter.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
That's a relief! :)
can't mix oil and wine i guess. Quote relevant Scripture/hiatus here too, only a diff flavor, instant hiatus or something, that moment when you realize that you aren't even really having a convo, you are listening to an Oracle spout Absolute Truth

Nov 2, 2016
USA
People who seek to save their lives will lose them...you know who said that?

A OSAS believer already has life in Christ. Those who are lost are the religious preaching works salvation.

Jhn 6:39 And this is the will of him who sent me, that I shall lose none of all those he has given me, but raise them up at the last day.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
A OSAS believer already has life in Christ. Those who are lost are the religious preaching works salvation.

Jhn 6:39 And this is the will of him who sent me, that I shall lose none of all those he has given me, but raise them up at the last day.

An OSAS person has been indoctrinated...that isn't the same as life in Christ.

The truth turns our ideas inside out. People who think they are ok....aren't and some who think they are not ok...are. Look at who God justified between the religious Pharisee and the publican sinner. Those who have walked with Christ in Zion know this too well.

What do you think life in Christ is?

Last edited: