Evangelicals and the Sabbath

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
In Christ the Sabbath has been changed into CHRIST-LAW MAGNIFIED BY THE POWER OF HIS RESURRECTION. So in order to save Sunday, the Sundayers were FORCED to CORRUPT Scripture to make it look like Jesus resurrected on Sunday.

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
More about the law:
Heb 7:11-12

(11) If therefore perfection were by the Levitical priesthood, (for under it the people received the law,) what further need was there that another priest should rise after the order of Melchisedec, and not be called after the order of Aaron?
(12) For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law.

Reactions: mailmandan

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Mar 2:24 And the Pharisees said unto him, Behold, why do they on the sabbath day that which is not lawful

Why is it, it is alwys teh religious who ask the wrong questions, We are not under any law. They who are under any law do so because they choose it, the Sabbath saves no one, only Christ does, which is why Sabbath keepers can never be at rest, they have to "work" at it.

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
www.personal-communication.org.nz
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
This just as well could have come out of one of John MacArthur's sermons on the Sabbath. It's so flawed and stale and tasteless and like the Sahara desert devoid of Living Water of The Word not even a thorn to prick one in the foot, could grow in its forever on stretching dunes of dust ideas and suffocating words.
Don't knock John MacArthur! That is close to sacrilege to me! :)

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Why is it, it is alwys teh religious who ask the wrong questions, We are not under any law. They who are under any law do so because they choose it, the Sabbath saves no one, only Christ does, which is why Sabbath keepers can never be at rest, they have to "work" at it.
No, you are 'working at it'. working at it by labouring to avoid using and accepting Scripture. That's why you and your religion <<ask the wrong questions>>-- so as not to receive a Scripture answer.

So is your claim that <<We are not under any law>>, as you thoroughly know, plain false and the bluff of the fearing and fearful --- fearful of Scripture answers and Truth! This you thoroughly KNOW so that you can CHANGE THE TOPIC and divert to absolute nonsense --your nonsense, <<the Sabbath saves no one>>. Who claimed, who even mentioned, that the Sabbath saves? Only, you! Don't you get immensely bored with spinning this same bad, tune?

Naturally your religion must be one of those free-will and therefore, a priori, pro rata, FALSE religions, declaring, <<they who are under any law>> (meanwhile meaning ONE Law only), <do so because they choose it>>. As if "the Sabbath OF THE LORD" is a matter of sinners' 'own choice' and have nothing to do with God's Sovereignty....or the Scriptures.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
"I was a young man and now I am old, and I have never seen the righteous forsaken or his seed begging bread" (Psalm 37:25).
I am seeing the children of the self-righteous begging for the Bread of Life the Scriptures.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No, you are 'working at it'. working at it by labouring to avoid using and accepting Scripture. That's why you and your religion <<ask the wrong questions>>-- so as not to receive a Scripture answer.

So is your claim that <<We are not under any law>>, as you thoroughly know, plain false and the bluff of the fearing and fearful --- fearful of Scripture answers and Truth! This you thoroughly KNOW so that you can CHANGE THE TOPIC and divert to absolute nonsense --your nonsense, <<the Sabbath saves no one>>. Who claimed, who even mentioned, that the Sabbath saves? Only, you! Don't you get immensely bored with spinning this same bad, tune?

Naturally your religion must be one of those free-will and therefore, a priori, pro rata, FALSE religions, declaring, <<they who are under any law>> (meanwhile meaning ONE Law only), <do so because they choose it>>. As if "the Sabbath OF THE LORD" is a matter of sinners' 'own choice' and have nothing to do with God's Sovereignty....or the Scriptures.
First, i didnt know Christ was a religion, second, if we are the ones that are wrong why are you the one doing all the yelling. The truth is offensive to many, is it not??

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
"I was a young man and now I am old, and I have never seen the righteous forsaken or his seed begging bread" (Psalm 37:25).
I am seeing the children of the self-righteous begging for the Bread of Life the Scriptures.
there is no life in the scripture it is in Christ alone, and Gods children have no need to beg, He is there provider.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Why don't Christians keep the Jewish law? Because Jesus Christ became The Word - The Law - of God among us.
Because they are not Jews.

16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:

17 Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
First, i didnt know Christ was a religion, second, if we are the ones that are wrong why are you the one doing all the yelling. The truth is offensive to many, is it not??
Man, your insistence of being irreligious or having no religion, IS YOUR RELIGION. Truth is offensive--- to you, hey!
And if I say 'Christ is my all', He is my religion, OK?

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is possible to be "religious" but not right with God. *Just look at the Pharisees. Religion apart from a relationship with Jesus Christ is in vain. (John 17:3) In James 1:26, we read - If anyone among you thinks he is religious, and does not bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this one's religion is useless. This man's religion is vain, empty, devoid of power, lacking in content, nonproductive, dead and of no eternal value.

James 1:27 - Pure and undefiled religion before God and the Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their trouble, and to keep oneself unspotted from the world. There is nothing wrong with "pure and undefiled religion" but there is certainly something wrong with impure and defiled religion.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Man, your insistence of being irreligious or having no religion, IS YOUR RELIGION. Truth is offensive--- to you, hey!
And if I say 'Christ is my all', He is my religion, OK?
why does one need religion to follow Christ, and if Hr is your all, why fo you need the Sabbath, should not your alll be enough??

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
there is no life in the scripture it is in Christ alone, and Gods children have no need to beg, He is there provider.
Jesus commanded: "Search the Scriptures!" But mjrhealth knows better. Despite, Jesus said, "Search the Scriptures because you think you have eternal life in them while they are the Scriptures which testify of ME, The Life Eternal. But you will not come to ME, that ye might have life." No, you rather moan and groan against the Scriptures. But the Life that is Christ and in Christ, you will never find without the Scriptures, because Jesus commanded, "Search the Scriptures because they testify of ME in whom you have Life or not.
Therefore Life Eternal is in Christ alone who commanded the Scriptures be searched for Him alone in them. Your half-truths are proven by THIS TRUTH, CHRIST JESUS THE LIFE, full-fledged lies.

Last edited:

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
www.personal-communication.org.nz
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
So I was right that paragraph of yours is owed to Dr JM?
I think he is an excellent Bible teacher. As a person who has a Pentecostal theology I was first put off by his anti-Charismatic teaching, and thought he was a false teacher for many years. But I started to view his messages on Youtube, and found his Bible teaching very sound and faith-building. I did take a chance and viewed his messages on the Charismatic movement, and found that he had many very valid points about it which helped me see the Scriptural wood from the extra-Biblical "trees".

Of course, he teaches from a Calvinist doctrinal perspective, and that fits in with my Reformed English Puritan theology. And I make no apologies for having that theology at all.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Jesus commanded: "Search the Scriptures!" But mjrhealth knows better. Despite, Jesus said, "Search the Scriptures because you think you have eternal life in them while they are the Scriptures which testify of ME, The Life Eternal. But you will not come to ME, that ye might have life." No, you rather moan and groan against the Scriptures. But the Life that is Christ and in Christ, you will never find without the Scriptures, because Jesus commanded, "Search the Scriptures because they testify of ME in whom you have Life or not.
Therefore Life Eternal is in Christ alone who commanded the Scriptures be search for Him alone in them. Your half truths are proven by THIS TRUTH, CHRIST JESUS THE LIFE, full fledged lies.
yes He said you wouldnt find life, that is why so few christians gave any.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
why does one need religion to follow Christ, and if Hr is your all, why fo you need the Sabbath, should not your alll be enough??

You do not need your religion, that's the point. Please not I too!! Here's the fullness of your religion: <<to follow Christ, and if Hr is your all, why fo you need the Sabbath, should not your alll be enough??>> plain denial and belittling bringing the religion of Jesus Christ down on par with yours.