Eve in the Garden

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
first thanks for the reply, convince and persuade,
persuade: cause (someone) to do something through reasoning or argument.
convince: cause (someone) to believe firmly in the truth of something.

we hope you can see the diffrence... (smile).
the proof? read the definitions again above,

we persuade, you believe... (smile), that's the point. but, Romans 10:14 "How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?
Romans 10:15 "And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!
Romans 10:16 "But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?
Romans 10:17 "So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God".

PICJAG.

What I see is that, persuade and convince are saying the same thing. It's sad that you can't see that.

D

Dave L

Read more carefully, Dave! I read my Bible in three languages every day, seven days a week and have done so for years. Does that sound like I am shying away from the scriptures?
I'm relieved that you spend this much time in scripture. I must have had the wrong impression. But not only must the Holy Spirit reveal the word, we must also overcome the indoctrination imposed on us while in our denominational affiliations. So it is a two fold challenge standing between us and the truth.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What I see is that, persuade and convince are saying the same thing. It's sad that you can't see that.
first thanks for the reply, second, you said, "what I see is that". I see?, I see?, "it's sad I can't see that?... (smile), we walk by faith and not by sight, Romans 12:2 "And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God". BARNEY can I renew "YOUR" mind, as a teache once said, "I can only teach you, but it's up to you to LEARN".

see ya.....

PICJAG.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
first thanks for the reply, second, you said, "what I see is that". I see?, I see?, "it's sad I can't see that?... (smile), we walk by faith and not by sight, Romans 12:2 "And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God". BARNEY can I renew "YOUR" mind, as a teache once said, "I can only teach you, but it's up to you to LEARN".

see ya.....

PICJAG.
You need to rethink that since Christ does not have the sin nature we do.

I know that Jesus doesn't have the sin nature we do, that's the point. Jesus came in the likeness of Adam the first perfect sinless man. The first Adam made a choice of disobedience, the last Adam Jesus Christ came in the likeness of the first Adam, a perfect sinless man but chose to be consistently obedient even though Satan consistently tempted Jesus. This shows us that a perfect sinless man had the ability to consistently be obedient to God. I will not listen to any of that God man talk that a lot of people apply to Jesus. When Jesus was on earth he was a perfect sinless man like the first Adam who when created was created a perfect sinless man without a singular nature.

Last edited:

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know that Jesus doesn't have the sin nature we do, that's the point. Jesus came in the likeness of Adam the first perfect sinless man. The first Adam made a choice of disobedience, the last Adam Jesus Christ came in the likeness of the first Adam, a perfect sinless man but chose to be consistently obedient even though Satan consistently tempted Jesus. This shows us that a perfect sinless man had the ability to consistently be obedient to God. I will not listen to any of that God man talk that a lot of people apply to Jesus. When Jesus was on earth he was a perfect sinless man like the first Adam who when created was created
are you still saying that Jesus was "CREATED?". ... how?.

PICJAG.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
"LORD" vvv

That's what I'm taking about. I gave you 3 scriptures to read and you didn't read them or you don't understand them, so you give me Narrow is the way, which you sound like you don't understand that scripture either. Now go back and read them scriptures, so you can know the PLAN of GOD and become excited about what God has already done and what He is going to do in the future.
...God to devise a marvelous plan where He would be sure to win. (1st Corinthians 15:27-28), (2nd Corinthians 5:19), (Colossians 1:20)
well I apologize ok, I didn't mean to ignore your references, but they might be considered in a different frame, which is why I Quoted that.

Calling God "LORD" plays into this, too, dunno if you've heard me ranting about that yet or not; guess I've never splained that very well, see, serfs prayed to lords like yesterday, so that prolly seemed like a fine illustration of the Kingdom, right, only see those serfs had like a glass ceiling there, the lords had a plan where they were sure to win too see, where they got worshipped by serfs who could never become lords themselves, like we are told to do in many places, several different ways, be like gods, become One as We are One, pick up your cross and follow Me.

And I understand about the getting excited about God's Plan for Tomorrow ok, honest, I was teachin little kids all that stuff 30 years ago myself, may God have mercy on me, and the emotional appeal to our Eves has made me a lot of money in my life. All I had to do was stop educating my buyers lol, guess that prolly cost me half a mil at least no lie.

Anyway, imo keep an open mind at those vv ok, that's all I'm sayin right now, bc see it's easy to maybe imagine those are talking about after our literal death, right, but wadr they prolly aren't ok. Our witness here is not where I would like yet, still hit and miss, and you are still Standing There so that wouldn't matter much anyway I guess, but I suggest that God's plan for you to become Elohim too, for our mortal to put on immortality is way more exciting, plus you lose that icky feeling about Anywhere but Here. Well it stays close by but you don't get swayed by it so much or whatever I guess.

Ok sorry for the book

Last edited:

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
are you still saying that Jesus was "CREATED?". ... how?.

PICJAG.

The Only-begotten Son of God was created a spiritual being long before any of the other Angels so certainly created long before the physical universe.

Jesus himself spoke of his prehuman heavenly life (Joh3:13; 6:38, 62; 8:23, 42, 58) John 1:1, 2 gives the heavenly name of the one who became Jesus, saying: “In the beginning the Word [Gr., Loʹgos] was, and the Word was with God, and the Word was a god [“was divine,” AT; Mo; or “of divine being,”]. This one was in the beginning with God.” Since Jehovah is eternal and had no beginning (Ps 90:2; Re 15:3), the Word’s being with God from “the beginning” must here refer to the beginning of Jehovah’s creative works. This is confirmed by other texts identifying Jesus as “the firstborn of all creation,” “the beginning of the creation by God.” (Col 1:15; Re 1:1; 3:14) Thus the Scriptures identify the Word (Jesus in his prehuman existence) as God’s first creation, his firstborn Son.

That Jehovah was truly the Father or Life-Giver to this firstborn Son and, hence, that this Son was actually a creature of God is evident from Jesus’ own statements. He pointed to God as the Source of his life, saying, “I live because of the Father.” According to the context, this meant that his life resulted from or was caused by his Father, even as the gaining of life by dying men would result from their faith in Jesus’ ransom sacrifice.—Joh 6:56, 57.

If the estimates of modern-day scientists as to the age of the physical universe are anywhere near correct, Jesus’ existence as a spirit creature began thousands of millions of years prior to the creation of the first human. (Compare Mic 5:2.) This firstborn spirit Son was used by his Father in the creation of all other things. (Joh 1:3; Col 1:16, 17) This would include the millions of other spirit sons of Jehovah God’s heavenly family (Da 7:9, 10; Re 5:11), as well as the physical universe and the creatures originally produced within it. Logically, it was to this firstborn Son that Jehovah said: “Let us make man in our image, according to our likeness.” (Ge 1:26) All these other created things were not only created “through him” but also “for him,” as God’s Firstborn and the “heir of all things.”—Col 1:16; Heb 1:2.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Only-begotten Son of God was created a spiritual being long before any of the other Angels so certainly created long before the physical universe.

Jesus himself spoke of his prehuman heavenly life (Joh3:13; 6:38, 62; 8:23, 42, 58) John 1:1, 2 gives the heavenly name of the one who became Jesus, saying: “In the beginning the Word [Gr., Loʹgos] was, and the Word was with God, and the Word was a god [“was divine,” AT; Mo; or “of divine being,”]. This one was in the beginning with God.” Since Jehovah is eternal and had no beginning (Ps 90:2; Re 15:3), the Word’s being with God from “the beginning” must here refer to the beginning of Jehovah’s creative works. This is confirmed by other texts identifying Jesus as “the firstborn of all creation,” “the beginning of the creation by God.” (Col 1:15; Re 1:1; 3:14) Thus the Scriptures identify the Word (Jesus in his prehuman existence) as God’s first creation, his firstborn Son.
if this is true, we have just one question for you, "JESUS is the ONLY ONE wirh IMMORTALITY". which means no one else have it. which meand he's not created, listen, 1 Timothy 6:16 "Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen".

now please explain how the Lord JESUS is the ONLY one who have "eternal LIFE".

will be looking for your answer.

PICJAG.

Reactions: Nancy

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I dunno if Word was created BB, maybe not the best perspective

I know you and others believe differently, but most people I meet or text believe in a trinitarian God that l haven't found in the scriptures. Don't get me wrong these people will use or bring up certain scriptures to try to prove their point. The scriptures say those that deny The Father and the son is the Antichrist. It doesn't say it's those that deny The Father, Son and Holy Spirit is the Antichrist, although a lot of people will try to add to this scripture. I believe God knows how to express himself very clearly so I believe when He expresses himself by saying it's those that deny the Father and the Son that is the Antichrist nothing else needs to be added although I believe many will try to do so.

The question I keep asking myself is why would The Only-begotten Son continue to be shown go be a part of Creation in the scriptures. You don't see God or God's Holy Spirit to be shown as part of Creation. Why is the Only-begotten Son the only one shown to be part of Creation? At Colossians 1:15 it says he is the first born of creation.

Now I know Trinitarians say that “first-born” here means prime, most excellent, most distinguished; thus Christ would be understood to be, not part of creation, but the most distinguished in relation to those who were created. If that is so, and if the Trinity doctrine is true, why are the Father and the holy spirit not also said to be the firstborn of all creation? But the Bible applies this expression only to the Son. According to the customary meaning of “firstborn,” it indicates that Jesus is the eldest in Jehovah’s family of sons. (2) Before Colossians 1:15, the expression “the firstborn of” occurs upwards of 30 times in the Bible, and in each instance that it is applied to living creatures the same meaning applies—the firstborn is part of the group. “The firstborn of Israel” is one of the sons of Israel; “the firstborn of Pharaoh” is one of Pharaoh’s family; “the firstborn of beast” are themselves animals. What, then, causes some to ascribe a different meaning to it at Colossians 1:15? Is it Bible usage or is it a belief to which they already hold and for which they seek proof.

Why does Revelation 3:14 say: The words of the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning [Greek, ar·kheʹ] of God’s creation.”’” (KJ, Dy, CC, and NW, as well as others, read similarly.) Is that rendering correct? Some take the view that what is meant is that the Son was ‘the beginner of God’s creation,’ that he was its ‘ultimate source.’ But Liddell and Scott’s Greek-English Lexicon lists “beginning” as its first meaning of ar·kheʹ. (Oxford, 1968, p. 252) The logical conclusion is that the one being quoted at Revelation 3:14 is a creation, the first of God’s creations, that he had a beginning. Compare Proverbs 8:22, where, as many Bible commentators agree, the Son is referred to as wisdom personified. According to RS, NE, and JB, Bibles the one there speaking is said to be “created.”)

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm relieved that you spend this much time in scripture. I must have had the wrong impression. But not only must the Holy Spirit reveal the word, we must also overcome the indoctrination imposed on us while in our denominational affiliations. So it is a two fold challenge standing between us and the truth.
It has been a very long time since I have missed my regular morning readings and studies. Now if I am even delayed without good cause I am pressed in the Spirit to get into it. I cannot live really without it.

Even if my delay is with good cause, the burden is heavy on me to make the time to do that which I must do. It comes back to this as I see it:

"But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God" Matt 4:4

I have seen you post about praying all of the time with the words forming under your breath during your normal day. This also where I strive to be as I go about my secular tasks as well as those things that are more definitely God's tasks.

As to man's indoctrination, I also hear you on this. God called me out of Catholicism and He called me out of Oneness Jesus Only organizations and more recently out of another group calling themselves the Body of Christ. Each one of them did me some good, while I was there as God was leading me. Eventually He also led me out of each one in order to continue to grow into what He had for me beyond those places of men. Yes, each one had some good according to God as I see it, but when a person clings too closely to the order that men establish he is likely to find himself walking into delusion. Of course what I do in this way is between me and God. I cannot and will not say that everyone should do it as I am doing it. Each person is to be a particular part of the Body of Christ. The parts do not all have the same functions nor is every one on the same page in their walk with God.

Reactions: Dave L

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
if this is true, we have just one question for you, "JESUS is the ONLY ONE wirh IMMORTALITY". which means no one else have it. which meand he's not created, listen, 1 Timothy 6:16 "Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen".

now please explain how the Lord JESUS is the ONLY one who have "eternal LIFE".

PICJAG.

The first one described in the Bible as rewarded with the gift of immortality is Jesus Christ. That he did not possess immortality before his resurrection by God is seen from the inspired apostle’s words at Romans 6:9: “Christ, now that he has been raised up from the dead, dies no more; death is master over him no more.” (Compare Re 1:17, 18.) If the Only-begotten Son God was Immortal he could not have been put to death, death wouldn't have been master over him. When describing him as “the King of those who rule as kings and Lord of those who rule as lords,” 1 Timothy 6:15, 16 shows that Jesus is distinct from all such other kings and lords in that he is “the one alone having immortality.” ( the Apostle is talking about other men especially those of David line of kings) The other kings and lords, because of being mortal, die, even as did also the high priests of Israel. The glorified Jesus, God’s appointed High Priest after the order of Melchizedek, however, has “an indestructible life.”Heb 7:15-17,23-25.

The immortal life granted Jesus upon his resurrection is not merely endless but is beyond deterioration or destruction.

Jehovah God honored Jesus by resurrecting him to “a superior position” and giving him what no one else had received up until that time—immortal spirit life! (Phil. 2:9,1 Tim. 6:16) What God did for his Only-begottten Son was an outstanding acknowledgment of Jesus’ faithful course! How can anyone say that God was in any sense given a superior position or given a name above every other name. The True God Jehovah has always had the superior position and a name above every other name. So Jesus Christ was the only one resurrected to Spirit life in heaven and was the only one having immortality when 1 Timothy 6:16 was written.

Many persons have thought that when the Apostle wrote 1 Timothy 6:16 he was describing The True God Jehovah.That is understandable, for these things could be said of God, he is the “King of eternity,” he is “incorruptible,” he is a “happy God” and he is the “Lord of lords.” (1 Tim. 1:11, 17;Deut. 10:17) Also, no man ever saw or can see him. (Ex. 33:20) However, when Paul wrote 1 Timothy 6:15, 16, he could not say that Jehovah alone possessed immortality, for Jesus was given immortality at his resurrection.—1 Cor. 15:50-54; Heb. 7:16; Rom. 6:9.

The description of 1 Timothy 6:15, 16 does, though, fit Jesus, who is “the reflection of [Jehovah’s] glory and the exact representation of his very being.” (Heb. 1:3; Col. 1:15) Since Jesus’ resurrection and ascension to heaven, he “dwells in unapproachable light.” No man has actually seen the glorified Jesus. When he revealed himself to the persecutor Saul, the overpowering light blinded Saul. (Acts 9:3-8;22:6-11; John 14:19) And as a grand Potentate Jesus will receive everlasting honor, for his Father crowned him “with glory and honor.”—Heb. 2:9; Phil. 2:9-11.

Last edited:

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Imo bc now we are talking about Jesus, and not Christ...
and imo this addresses the rest of your post as well, let me know if you think it doesnt

No it doesn't address the rest of my post because Jesus is the Christ. The Only-begotten Son is the Messiah or Christ. Just because the Only-begottten Son was given the name Jesus when on Earth doesn't mean he's not the Christ. Jesus is the Christ. At Colossians 1:15 the Only-begotten son is said to be, " the first born of creation. This was written after Jesus death and resurrection(the Only-begottten Son, who was given the name Jesus when on Earth is the Christ). Jesus at revelation 3:14 is said to be the beginning of God's creation. So no this isn't bc

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
No it doesn't address the rest of my post because Jesus is the Christ.
nothing wrong with that for a starting point imo ok, it gets us all the way to Nehushtan and everything, makes the use of "Lord" quite appealing, etc. Fwiw today's "Rome" cut and paste addresses that somewhat, imo don't forget that you are called to be a "lord" too right

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know that Jesus doesn't have the sin nature we do, that's the point. Jesus came in the likeness of Adam the first perfect sinless man. The first Adam made a choice of disobedience, the last Adam Jesus Christ came in the likeness of the first Adam, a perfect sinless man but chose to be consistently obedient even though Satan consistently tempted Jesus. This shows us that a perfect sinless man had the ability to consistently be obedient to God. I will not listen to any of that God man talk that a lot of people apply to Jesus. When Jesus was on earth he was a perfect sinless man like the first Adam who when created was created a perfect sinless man without a singular nature.

The sinless man with God his spirit.

First and second Adams both had spirits given by God. Immortal spirits, one God and one not.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
nothing wrong with that for a starting point imo ok, it gets us all the way to Nehushtan and everything, makes the use of "Lord" quite appealing, etc. Fwiw today's "Rome" cut and paste addresses that somewhat, imo don't forget that you are called to be a "lord" too right

I have to apologize, cause I don't understand some of your abbreviations. Like, "Fwiw" what does that stand for? I also don't understand why Nehushtan is being brought up. What I can tell you is that, no I personally am not called to be a Lord. Those who will be resurrected into heaven will be called that maybe, I know they will be called, " kings, priests, Judges so possibly a Lord.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The first one described in the Bible as rewarded with the gift of immortality is Jesus Christ.
another ERROR on your part. if he's the only one who has it then he was never given it.
If the Only-begotten Son God was Immortal he could not have been put to death, death wouldn't have been master over him.
we're glad you said this, scripture, Philippians 2:7 "But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men".

Now BARNEY, tell us how Jesus who is IMMORTAL died. since you don't know, we'll answer it for you. by taking on flesh and bone with "BLOOD", the Life he took on was the life he gave. for there are two types of life, with blood and without blood, supportive scripture, Leviticus 17:11a "For the life of the flesh is in the blood". now knowing this, when he shed that blood on the croos that flesh/body died. and you should know, that there are two types of death. A. the "FIRST", carnal, or physical. B. the Second Death, from which there is no return, or resurrection from. so the Lord Jesus died a natural death, from the blood. so that had NO EFFECT on his eternity. see how easy it is to explain scriptures, by the scriptures.
1 Timothy 6:15, 16 shows that Jesus is distinct from all such other kings and lords in that he is “the one alone having immortality.”
not only is he distinct from any king or lords, he's the only one who have IMMORATILITY. do you know what that means? he's the Father ... in flesh.

listen BARNEY, if JESUS was a mail man, he's the "ONLY" one who has ETERNAL LIFE. you do know what "IMMORTALITY means right.... right. so it makes no difference if he's king or lord he is the "ONLY" one who have it. now that should put an end to your incorrect thinking.

now don't believe 101G, believe the word of God, and if you don't believe the word of God then you're a none believer, Titus 1:10 "For there are many unruly and vain talkers and deceivers, specially they of the circumcision:
Titus 1:11 "Whose mouths must be stopped, who subvert whole houses, teaching things which they ought not, for filthy lucre's sake.
Titus 1:12 "One of themselves, even a prophet of their own, said, The Cretians are alway liars, evil beasts, slow bellies.
Titus 1:13 "This witness is true. Wherefore rebuke them sharply, that they may be sound in the faith;
Titus 1:14 "Not giving heed to Jewish fables, and commandments of men, that turn from the truth.
However, when Paul wrote 1 Timothy 6:15, 16, he could not say that Jehovah alone possessed immortality, for Jesus was given immortality at his resurrection.—1 Cor. 15:50-54; Heb. 7:16; Rom. 6:9.
now you believe in Jehovah and not Jesus, let's see.

BARNEY, in Revelation, using your NWT, Revelation 1:1 states someone sent "HIS" angel to John. and the angel who was sent said in Revelation 22:6, according to your NWT that Jehovah sent him, do you agree with that assessment of the angel. that Jehovah sent him.

your answer please. no math involved, nor any trick question, just scripture, please read all verses for yourself. and when you finish reading those verses tell us if you agree with the scriptures.

and when you answer that will shed some light on who you call Jehovah.

PICJAG.

Last edited:

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
another ERROR on your part. if he's the only one who has it then he was never given it
I don't believe you read what I texted you, or maybe you don't understand what I texted you, or worse maybe you don't care what I texted you, but I'll try again.
The first person to whom Jehovah granted the gift of immortality was Jesus Christ. The apostle Paul explains: “Christ, now that he has been raised up from the dead, dies no more; death is master over him no more.” (Romans 6:9) Indeed, contrasting the resurrected Jesus with earthly rulers, Paul describes him as the only one among them having immortality. Jesus will remain “alive forever.” His life is “indestructible.”—Hebrews 7:15-17,23-25; 1 Timothy 6:15, 16. So when I said that the first one described in the Bible as rewarded with the gift of immortality is Jesus Christ that meant that there was a person who already had immortality and always had Immortality which is the father and God of Jesus Christ, Jehovah God. So the only one who has been resurrected from the dead and rewarded with immortality is Gods Only-begotten Son, and listen to this the Only-begotten Son wasn't resurrected human again but was resurrected a powerful Spirit person who is the Only-begotten Son and given Immortality.

Bible commentators generally reason at 1 Timothy 6: 15,16 about such phrases as “the one alone having immortality,” the “only Potentate,” and the one “whom not one of men has seen or can see” point to anyone other than the Almighty?’ Admittedly, such terms could be used to describe Jehovah. However, the context indicates that at 1 Timothy 6:15, 16, Paul was specifically referring to Jesus.

At the end of verse 14, Paul mentions “the manifestation of our Lord Jesus Christ.” (1 Timothy 6:14) Hence, when Paul writes in 1Ti 6 verse 15 that “this manifestation the happy and only Potentate will show in its own appointed times,” he is referring to a manifestation of Jesus, not of Jehovah God. Who, then, is the “only Potentate”? It seems reasonable to conclude that Jesus is the Potentate referred to by Paul. Why? The context makes it evident that Paul is comparing Jesus with human rulers. Jesus truly is, as Paul wrote, “King of those [humans] who rule as kings and Lord of those [humans] who rule as lords.” Yes, compared to them, Jesus is the “only Potentate.” Jesus has been given “rulership and dignity and kingdom, that the peoples, national groups and languages should all serve even him.” (Daniel 7:14) No human potentate can make that claim!

What about the phrase “the one alone having immortality”? Again, a comparison is being drawn between Jesus and human kings. No earthly rulers can claim to have been granted immortality, but Jesus can. Paul wrote: “We know that Christ, now that he has been raised up from the dead, dies no more; death is master over him no more.” (Romans 6:9) Thus, Jesus is the first one to be described in the Bible as receiving the gift of immortality. Indeed, at the time of Paul’s writing, Jesus was the only one who had attained indestructible life.

It should also be kept in mind that it would have been wrong for Paul to say that Jehovah God alone had immortality, since Jesus too was immortal when Paul wrote those words. But Paul could say that Jesus alone was immortal in comparison with earthly rulers.

Further, it is certainly true that after Jesus’ resurrection and ascension to heaven, he can be described as one “whom not one of men has seen or can see.” Granted, his anointed disciples would behold Jesus after their own death and subsequent resurrection to heaven as spirit creatures. (John 17:24) But no man on earth would see Jesus in his glorified state. Hence, it can truthfully be stated that since Jesus’ resurrection and ascension, “not one of men” has actually seen Jesus.

True, at first glance, it may seem as if the descriptions found at 1 Timothy 6:15, 16 could apply to God. But the context of Paul’s words—along with the corroboration of other scriptures—shows that Paul was referring to Jesus.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
not only is he distinct from any king or lords, he's the only one who have IMMORATILITY. do you know what that means? he's the Father ... in flesh.

I believe you to be wrong cause when writing 1 Timothy 6: 15,16 the context shows Paul was speaking about Jesus who is the Only-begottten Son of the God who created all things, if Paul had said that Jehovah God alone had immortality that wouldn't be true cause Jesus who is the Only-begotten Son of God also had immortality that had been given to him by his Father and God whose name is Jehovah.