Eve in the Garden

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You may believe there are too many mistakes in the NWT but I believe the NWT is more accurately translated to the original language words, plus the NWT puts Gods personal name where it originally was. Most Bibles use words such as LORD and GOD where Gods personal name originally was and that confuses people cause, both The True God and his Only-begotten Son are called lords. Since Gods personal name was originally in the scriptures I don't understand why someone would take it out that, I believe that is a serious mistake.
first thanks for the reply, second, if one has mistake, one, or two maybe ok, but when it starts to have mistake after mistake, then one need to question it's truthfulness.

and look I'm not aganist you nor putting you down ok, it's just your translation that's the problem. when an instrument conflict with it's ownself, barring the truth, but condridict it's ownself, then we have a problem as to it's truthfulness.

I'm sure that you believe in Jehovah, but Jehovah is not God's personal name.
Nor is LORD, Lord, or Father. those are his titles. if you would like we can discuss this in another topic, we don't want to hijack this topic.

Last edited:

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
first thanks for the reply, second, if one has mistake, one, or two maybe ok, but when it starts to have mistake after mistake, then one need to question it's truthfulness.

and look I'm not aganist you nor putting you down ok, it's just your translation that's the problem. when an instrument conflict with it's ownself, barring the truth, but condridict it's ownself, then we have a problem as to it's truthfulness.

I'm sure that you believe in Jehovah, but Jehovah is not God's personal name.
Nor is LORD, Lord, or Father. those are his titles. if you would like we can discuss this in another topic, we don't want to hijack this topic.

I Know you and many others think that there are mistake after mistake in the NWT. You aren't saying anything I haven't heard before.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I Know you and many others think that there are mistake after mistake in the NWT. You aren't saying anything I haven't heard before.
Lets not get off the topic. nor judge each other. (see Roman 14:13)

Eve the Mother of all living.. scripture, Gen 3:20 "And Adam called his wife's name Eve; because she was the mother of all living.
why did Eve get this personal name now ...... after she ate?. MOTHER of ALL LIVING is correct, because from now own, all the children she has now forward, is dead to God, (without his Spirit). hence the reason why all of us are to be born again.

also by having children in the garden many had already left home, (see Genesis 2:23 & 24), and also the children before in the garden, and now living outside of the garden, is supportive by Genesis 4:14 & 15

this revelation cover all the children in and outside the garden, and especially those children in Genesis chapter 6.

PICJAG

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lets not get off the topic. nor judge each other. (see Roman 14:13)

Eve the Mother of all living.. scripture, Gen 3:20 "And Adam called his wife's name Eve; because she was the mother of all living.
why did Eve get this personal name now ...... after she ate?. MOTHER of ALL LIVING is correct, because from now own, all the children she has now forward, is dead to God, (without his Spirit). hence the reason why all of us are to be born again.

also by having children in the garden many had already left home, (see Genesis 2:23 & 24), and also the children before in the garden, and now living outside of the garden, is supportive by Genesis 4:14 & 15

this revelation cover all the children in and outside the garden, and especially those children in Genesis chapter 6.

PICJAG

I certainly agree that Eve is the mother of all living, just as the scriptures say, but that doesn't mean she had children before she sinned. The scriptures say at Genesis 5:4 that during Adams 930 years of life he became father to sons and daughters. These children after reaching what18 years became parents. The scriptures also tell us that we all have sinned because of the sin of Adam. In other words since these children the scriptures are speaking of, " Cain, Abel, Seth and all the offspring of Adam that came after Adam sinned, sin and death past on to his children, but if Adam and Eve had children before they sinned then sin and therefore death wasn't pasted onto them. So that would mean the scriptures are not speaking accurately when it says that sin and death past onto all men because of the sin of Adam, right? I don't see how these children who were born before Adam sinned inherit sin and therefore death?

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I certainly agree that Eve is the mother of all living, just as the scriptures say, but that doesn't mean she had children before she sinned. The scriptures say at Genesis 5:4 that during Adams 930 years of life he became father to sons and daughters. These children after reaching what18 years became parents. The scriptures also tell us that we all have sinned because of the sin of Adam. In other words since these children the scriptures are speaking of, " Cain, Abel, Seth and all the offspring of Adam that came after Adam sinned, sin and death past on to his children, but if Adam and Eve had children before they sinned then sin and therefore death wasn't pasted onto them. So that would mean the scriptures are not speaking accurately when it says that sin and death past onto all men because of the sin of Adam, right? I don't see how these children who were born before Adam sinned inherit sin and therefore death?
first, thanks for the reply. second, we must disagree with you here on Adams children after Cain and Abel. supportive scripture, Gen 4:14"Behold, thou hast driven me out this day from the face of the earth; and from thy face shall I be hid; and I shall be a fugitive and a vagabond in the earth; and it shall come to pass, that every one that findeth me shall slay me. v 15" And the LORD said unto him, Therefore whosoever slayeth Cain, vengeance shall be taken on him sevenfold. And the LORD set a mark upon Cain, lest any finding him should kill him".

these two verses eliminates any notion that Cain married a sister of his before Adam had any other children, because this scripture coming, supportive the belief that Adam had children before his fall. listen, Gen 4:25 "And Adam knew his wife again; and she bare a son, and called his name Seth: For God, said she, hath appointed me another seed instead of Abel, whom Cain slew". note this is after Genesis 4:14 & 15

PICJAG

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
first, thanks for the reply. second, we must disagree with you here on Adams children after Cain and Abel. supportive scripture, Gen 4:14"Behold, thou hast driven me out this day from the face of the earth; and from thy face shall I be hid; and I shall be a fugitive and a vagabond in the earth; and it shall come to pass, that every one that findeth me shall slay me. v 15" And the LORD said unto him, Therefore whosoever slayeth Cain, vengeance shall be taken on him sevenfold. And the LORD set a mark upon Cain, lest any finding him should kill him".

these two verses eliminates any notion that Cain married a sister of his before Adam had any other children, because this scripture coming, supportive the belief that Adam had children before his fall. listen, Gen 4:25 "And Adam knew his wife again; and she bare a son, and called his name Seth: For God, said she, hath appointed me another seed instead of Abel, whom Cain slew". note this is after Genesis 4:14 & 15

PICJAG

I said that it's also possible that that Cain's wife could have been a granddaughter of Adam and Eve. I still don't agree with you when you say Genesis 4: 14,15,25 is supported scripture that Adam and Eve had children before they sinned. Whenever discussing anything concerning the scriptures what you say has to agree with the scriptures, not just Genesis 4:14,15,25. What you are basically saying concerning the scriptures is that they lie and I disagree.

Romans 5:12, Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned: KJV

I believe the clear (and necessary) inference of Rom 5:12 is that all men were (federally speaking) in Adam at the time of his transgression, thereby sharing in his sin and guilt. If there were some born before Adam fell, then Rom 5:12 would not be accurate.

Reactions: Helen

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 5:12, Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned: KJV
you should have read on down to verse 14. all is not EVERY, listen,Romans 5:14 "Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come".

see, some didn't sin after Adam.

this verse alone proves that they had Children in the Garden, WITHOUT SIN. for if not, why say "even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression.

thanks BARNEY I must use that one, very GOOD.

PICJAG

Harvest 1874

Apr 1, 2018
Tampa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So are you saying you don't believe Jehovah God sent his Only-begotten Son to earth in the likeness of Adam? That you don't believe Gods Only-begotten Son when on Earth didn't have free will? See I believe Jehovahs Only-begotten Son has free will and always have had free will, all of the intelligent creatures Jehovah God brought into existence has always had free will and always will have free will. The scriptures show us that Jehovah God Only-begotten Son when on Earth was tempted just like us but didn't sin, didn't disobey his father and God. That means that Jesus Christ when on Earth as a perfect sinless human proved that Adam had the ability by his free will to always choose to be obedient to God. Do you honestly believe that when God commanded Adam to not eat of the knowledge of the Tree of good and evil that God was commanding something that was impossible for Adam to do.

Impossible no, but nevertheless Adam most likely would have fallen eventually because although he was created perfect, he lacked experience, knowledge of both good and evil. Adam had no knowledge of sin and its baneful consequences and thus was not properly prepared when tempted. He had no conception as to what his choice would have on all his posterity.

Though our Lord was tempted in all points even as we are, he ignored his own will and all suggestions from others contrary to God's plan, and obeyed God implicitly. Therein lay the secret of his success. Our Lord's success was by being rightly exercised by his knowledge of God; as it is written: "By his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many," while bearing their iniquities. (Isa. 53:11)

The knowledge which he had of the Father gave to him a firm footing for faith in all his purposes concerning the future. Hence he could and did walk by faith. And that faith enabled him to overcome all obstacles and secure the victory which eluded Adam.

Reactions: 101G

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you should have read on down to verse 14. all is not EVERY, listen,Romans 5:14 "Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come".

see, some didn't sin after Adam.

this verse alone proves that they had Children in the Garden, WITHOUT SIN. for if not, why say "even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression.

thanks BARNEY I must use that one, very GOOD.

PICJAG

No I disagree with you trying to take Romans 5:14 and say this scripture is referring to children Adam had before he sinned. I believe Romans 5:14 is talking of Adams offspring who lived from adam to Moses who unlike Adam had no command or set of commands to obey or disobey. So Adam offspring after his disobedience to Moses had no commands to disobey as Adam did.

Last edited:
Reactions: Helen

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you think if Eve didn't eat the fruit in the Garden of Eden, Adam would have, or one of their children? Was it bound to happen?

Dear MFLR

I'm surprised at the "what if's" regarding the Bible. It seems enough to me to deal with actualities!

What difference would offering up a thousand what ifs matter? I have much too much in my plate to have the time let alone the inclination to play with unrealities. There are too many sobering realities in people's lives for such things.

What then says the word of God?

Titus 3:9 KJVS
But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Impossible no, but nevertheless Adam most likely would have fallen eventually because although he was created perfect, he lacked experience, knowledge of both good and evil. Adam had no knowledge of sin and its baneful consequences and thus was not properly prepared when tempted. He had no conception as to what his choice would have on all his posterity.

Though our Lord was tempted in all points even as we are, he ignored his own will and all suggestions from others contrary to God's plan, and obeyed God implicitly. Therein lay the secret of his success. Our Lord's success was by being rightly exercised by his knowledge of God; as it is written: "By his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many," while bearing their iniquities. (Isa. 53:11)

The knowledge which he had of the Father gave to him a firm footing for faith in all his purposes concerning the future. Hence he could and did walk by faith. And that faith enabled him to overcome all obstacles and secure the victory which eluded Adam.
excellent answer.
yes, the Lord Jesus from an early age learned. scripture, Isaiah 50:4 "The Lord GOD hath given me the tongue of the learned, that I should know how to speak a word in season to him that is weary: he wakeneth morning by morning, he wakeneth mine ear to hear as the learned.
Isaiah 50:5 "The Lord GOD hath opened mine ear, and I was not rebellious, neither turned away back.
Isaiah 50:6 "I gave my back to the smiters, and my cheeks to them that plucked off the hair: I hid not my face from shame and spitting.
Isaiah 50:7 "For the Lord GOD will help me; therefore shall I not be confounded: therefore have I set my face like a flint, and I know that I shall not be ashamed.
Isaiah 50:8 "He is near that justifieth me; who will contend with me? let us stand together: who is mine adversary? let him come near to me.
Isaiah 50:9 "Behold, the Lord GOD will help me; who is he that shall condemn me? lo, they all shall wax old as a garment; the moth shall eat them up".

for all those who wants to know the Lord Jesus missing years, here they are.

notice our Lord was always comforted, "The Lord God will help me". yes, let the Helper lead us.
the Lord Jesus as our example, he learned, and was not rebellious.
as the Holy Spirit helped him so likewise the Helper will help us if we desire.

lets see it in the Lords time, Matthew 5:38 "Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth:
Matthew 5:39 "But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.
Matthew 5:40 "And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloke also.
Matthew 5:41 "And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain.
Matthew 5:42 "Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away.

the recipe was given in Isaiah 50:4-9, and the (baked cake), the end result in Matthew 5:39-42.

Harvest 1874, GREAT POST

PICJAG.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No I disagree with you trying to take Romans 5:14 and say this scripture is referring to children he had before he sinned
that just one, but it's a good one.

well BARNEY that your oponion, but the scriptures clearly states not all sinned, now if you have another take on the scripture please post it, put it on the table.

PICJAG.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Although there are some things you have said here that I agree with, I disagree with you saying that Adam would have possibly fallen anyway because of his inexperience or his lack of knowledge of good and evil. You speak as though that God doesn't know what he created. I don't believe God commands his creation to do something or not to do something that they can't do or not do. What I means is God when he gave Adam the command to not eat from the tree of knowledge of good and evil, Adam was perfectly capable of obeying that command. God wasn't asking something impossible from Adam. Since God knows what he created he never asked the impossible from Adam. If Adam couldn't consistently be obedient to any command God gave Adam then God would not told him to be obedient to such a command, that was impossible for him to consistently obey. When God told Adam to not eat the forbidden fruit Adam was perfectly capable of being consistently obedient to that command, otherwise God wouldn't have commanded him to be obedient to the command.