Eve in the Garden

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BARNEY, did you check out those Revelation scriptures we posted for you to look up? Revelation 1:1 and Revelation 22:6. what's your assessment?.

PICJAG.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
now you believe in Jehovah and not Jesus, let's see.

You know that I'm a Jehovahs witness so you know I believe Jehovah God to be the only True God who created all things and is the source of all life. I believe Jesus to be the Only-begotten Son of God who lived in heaven with his Father and God long before he became human and was given the name Jesus. That God has an Only-begotten Son proverbs 8: 22 shows that the Only-Begotten Son of God was created or produced.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You know that I'm a Jehovahs witness so you know I believe Jehovah God to be the only True God who created all things and is the source of all life. I believe Jesus to be the Only-begotten Son of God who lived in heaven with his Father and God long before he became human and was given the name Jesus. That God has an Only-begotten Son proverbs 8: 22 shows that the Only-Begotten Son of God was created or produced.
first thanks for the reply, second, you didn't answer the question. it will clear up the Jesus created thing and the Jehovah thing all at the same time.

well here it is. in Revelation 1:1 God sent his angel to his servant (slave) John, correct.

but in Revelation 22: the angel that was sent said that, (according to the NWT, that Jehovah sent him). well here is the NWT bo bo, because your NWT in Revelation 22:16 says that Jesus sent the angel. THAT'S a "BIG" bo bo.

let's see what the the KJV says,

Revelation 1:1 "The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John".

(now the angel that was sent said this),
Revelation 22:6 "And he said unto me, These sayings are faithful and true: and the Lord God of the holy prophets sent his angel to shew unto his servants the things which must shortly be done". your NWT states "Jehovah" sent him. but here your error, listen, same chapter but verse 16, listen, Revelation 22:16 "I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star".

Guess what? your NWT says Jesus sent his angel. say what! yes, it was the Lord God, ... Jesus who sent his angel to John.

but your NWT in verse 6 said "Jehovah" sent him.

Do you see the problem ..... NOW?.

PICJAG.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I have to apologize, cause I don't understand some of your abbreviations. Like, "Fwiw" what does that stand for?
ah sorry , they are usually just connectors anyway, that one means "for what it's worth"
I also don't understand why Nehushtan is being brought up.
wel, that is the crux of the matter here I guess, and you can get to Nehushtan as Priest and break him up yourself if you like
What I can tell you is that, no I personally am not called to be a Lord.
so you say
Those who will be resurrected into heaven will be called that maybe, I know they will be called, " kings, priests, Judges so possibly a Lord.
Psalms 82:6, John 10:34, et al for that, I pray that they will be One as We are One, etc. I know we don't really get sermons on these passages, so you have to seek them. Be careful asking your pastor though, I guess even mentioning Nehushtan is enough to get some ppl disinvited, Google can tell you more

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ah sorry , they are usually just connectors anyway, that one means "for what it's worth"
wel, that is the crux of the matter here I guess, and you can get to Nehushtan as Priest and break him up yourself if you like
so you say
Psalms 82:6, John 10:34, et al for that, I pray that they will be One as We are One, etc. I know we don't really get sermons on these passages, so you have to seek them. Be careful asking your pastor though, I guess even mentioning Nehushtan is enough to get some ppl disinvited, Google can tell you more

Thank you for the clarification.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
first thanks for the reply, second, you didn't answer the question. it will clear up the Jesus created thing and the Jehovah thing all at the same time.

well here it is. in Revelation 1:1 God sent his angel to his servant (slave) John, correct.

but in Revelation 22: the angel that was sent said that, (according to the NWT, that Jehovah sent him). well here is the NWT bo bo, because your NWT in Revelation 22:16 says that Jesus sent the angel. THAT'S a "BIG" bo bo.

Revelation 1:1 "The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John".

Revelation 22:6 "And he said unto me, These sayings are faithful and true: and the Lord God of the holy prophets sent his angel to shew unto his servants the things which must shortly be done". your NWT states "Jehovah" sent him. but here your error, listen, same chapter but verse 16, listen, Revelation 22:16 "I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star".

Guess what? your NWT says Jesus sent his angel. say what! yes, it was the Lord God, ... Jesus who sent his angel to John.

PICJAG.

I don't see a problem except for the fact that those who believe in the Trinitarian doctrine therefore believe Jesus to be God will only see things in trinitarian thinking. What I mean is it's obvious that you really don't understand the very first verse of revelation chapter one verse one

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't see a problem except for the fact that those who believe in the Trinitarian doctrine therefore believe Jesus to be God will only see things in trinitarian thinking. What I mean is it's obvious that you really don't understand the very first verse of revelation chapter one verse one

So you believe in modalism?

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
first thanks for the reply. second, I'm not a Trinitarian, nor hold that doctrine.

but I do see a problem with your NWT, it lied.

PICJAG

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you believe in modalism?

I don't believe in any kind of trinitarian concept in any sense. There is The only True God Jehovah and he has an Only-begotten Son who are two distinct persons. I believe the Holy Spirit simply to be Jehovah God active force. I don't believe the Holy Spirit to be a person at all.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't believe in any kind of trinitarian concept in any sense. There is The only True God Jehovah and he has an Only-begotten Son who are two distinct persons. I believe the Holy Spirit simply to be Jehovah God active force. I don't believe the Holy Spirit to be a person at all.

Yes indeed, Jehovah witness.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
first thanks for the reply. second, I'm not a Trinitarian, nor hold that doctrine.

but I do see a problem with your NWT, it lied.

PICJAG

You say you're not a trinitarian yet you don't understand revelation 1:1, interesting.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

PICJAG.

The Greek linguist community rejects the NWT completely.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes indeed, Jehovah witness.

Yes I am a Jehovah Witness. I see nothing wrong with that. Maybe you and others do but I don't worry what others think. Everyone on this world is an imperfect person no better or worst than another imperfect person. I know they have their beliefs, I may not agree with them but I try my best to disagree respectfully.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes I am a Jehovah Witness. I see nothing wrong with that. Maybe you and others do but I don't worry what others think. Everyone on this world is an imperfect person no better or worst than another imperfect person. I know they have their beliefs, I may not agree with them but I try my best to disagree respectfully.

There is plenty wrong with it, but I have enough going on elsewhere to get into it now.

I'm sure someone else will cover it.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You say you're not a trinitarian yet you don't understand revelation 1:1, interesting.
first thanks for the reply, second, we understand revelation 1:1 perfectly.

it's just your NWT have to many mistakes in it to be the word of God, but we always give you a chance to correct an understanding of the doubt. so the floor is yours if you think that rev 1:1 is understood incorrectly.

PICJAG

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

it's just your NWT have to many mistakes in it to be the word of God, but we always give you a chance to correct an understanding of the doubt. so the floor is yours if you think that rev 1:1 is understood incorrectly.

PICJAG

They are not mistakes. It was Deliberately written that way by it non-linguist non-Christian author.

Such as Word was with God and was a god.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

PICJAG

You may believe there are too many mistakes in the NWT but I believe the NWT is more accurately translated to the original language words, plus the NWT puts Gods personal name where it originally was. Most Bibles use words such as LORD and GOD where Gods personal name originally was and that confuses people cause, both The True God and his Only-begotten Son are called lords. Since Gods personal name was originally in the scriptures I don't understand why someone would take it out, that I believe is a serious mistake.

Last edited: