Every Believer Must Do Good Works and Proclaim the Gospel, Some Are Called to Teach

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This is what I find in most Christian circles. And this is the reason I left some Churches. Someone makes a valid scriptural point. And the rest come and pull it apart and add on thinks that were not said.

OP said we have works to do, with scripture. Then along comes others and add to what HE never said.
OP quoted scripture then it looks like someone disagrees and adds the word hell. OP never mention hell But only quoted what God said in His word.
The ByGrace says I think I will pass. Well we do have free will to do good works or not. I would rather do good than not.
I am not sure why the OPs post is so offencive to so many.
Then table talk adds to scriptures as if also coming against OP.
Those two scriptures don't do justice to either side of this debate. They are misleading and implying we have nothing to do.
Scripture is clear we do in fact have work to do while here on earth. Believing on Jesus, is to follow Jesus and do the things He did.

ByGrace then say Those who don't want to hear wont. That works both ways.

There is a awful lot of confusion in this one thread. I cant see how anyone looking for Christ can get understanding in this type of confusion.

What we are doing here is using scripture to prove people wrong. Its not nice to read at all.

Welcome to the site.
Very sorry that you are reading this thread.
This thread is not typical of all threads. Some people show more love and grace for their fellow believers than "christiang" does.
I am just glad he uses a small 'c' in his avatar name...because he shows himself far from Christlike.

Reactions: Job

Ally.s.j

Nov 12, 2017
Manchester
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I am becoming amazed that anyone bother to answer you any more.
You cannot answer civilly , you are rude and arrogant...you call people degrading names. bbyrd009 you have called an idiot twice, @101G you have called a knitwit..and others too.
You are trying to be so positive in what you ( wrongly) believe about God and what His plan is and how He unfolds it...while showing yourself to be the names you have called others being knitwit and idiot....you show yourself so immature and just like a child in a playground calling name.
And the rubbish you try to pass off by saying " This is in love" shows just how deluded you are. You just cant help but bring discussions into the personal by attacking people. You must have been a horrible bully as a child, it must have worked, because you continue now...but call yourself Christian and have the gall to talk about "good works!!" How the heck do you think your are fooling?
Not us, we all see through you...you are just fooling yourself.
This is not very nice either BYGrace. Christ never spoke like this. He had valid points there no love in your reply. You are called to love people and forgive many times. Do you not forgive him and cover his errors?

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is not very nice either BYGrace. Christ never spoke like this. He had valid points there no love in your reply. You are called to love people and forgive many times. Do you not forgive him and cover his errors?

If he had valid points why is there a need to forgive?

Stranger

Reactions: Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

No I sadly agree it is not "nice".....and I am always annoyed at myself when I allow someone to get under my skin :oops:....but then again, I have tried before to show him that people will listen to him more, if he is polite and doesn't call them names.......
'you' have only been here for 'five minutes' ...while we have had him being rude and calling people idiot and knitwit for a long time.
He has no idea how to discuss or disagree agreeably. Most here can disagree pleasantly or even with a chuckle. Is it wrong to try and show him how he 'comes across' and how he alienates people by his arrogance and rudeness.
It is at least kinder to show him a mirror of what we see...only that will hopefully help him change and act kindly when talking to others.

I am praying for this man that he gets a revelation of the heart of Father God.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You cannot answer civilly , you are rude and arrogant...you call people degrading names. bbyrd009 you have called an idiot twice, @101G you have called a knitwit..and others too.
You are trying to be so positive in what you ( wrongly) believe about God and what His plan is and how He unfolds it...while showing yourself to be the names you have called others being knitwit and idiot....you show yourself so immature and just like a child in a playground calling name.
And the rubbish you try to pass off by saying " This is in love" shows just how deluded you are. You just cant help but bring discussions into the personal by attacking people. You must have been a horrible bully as a child, it must have worked, because you continue now...but call yourself Christian and have the gall to talk about "good works!!" How the heck do you think your are fooling?
GINOLJC, BG, first, thanks for the response. second, some people are just mad because they are in ERROR, or in ignorance. see, they can't get mad at God, and two they don't want to admit that the devil is working in them, so that only leaves the messenger, (US) to blame and to be mad at. this is part of Christianity to suffer these things, but his cross is easy. some people, yes, you have to ignore, and neither will I give any room for their limited vocabulary. but when the Christian put on the full Armour of God any insult are dashed away, so there is no offense, I'm not offended at all. as a matter of fact I'm encourage. Remember what our brother Stephen said, "Lay not this at their charge"..... or as in our example, "Father forgive them for they no not what they do", and in this case what they SAY", just forgive. so BG, forgive them for they no not what they are saying, ok.

now as for me, you know where I stand, I'm never offended by anyone or anything said. there is nothing anyone can say that will offend me. oh yes I was called the devil once, but I had a good laugh by it, but was never offended. see, talk is cheap and people need to be heard. so let them speak with their mouth, but later when they come into the truth of the Lord Jesus, then they will be ashamed. so wait them out, have patience.

now you be blessed, and don't worry about these cheap words, or saying, just keep on speaking the truth in righteousness my Sister in Christ.

peace in Christ Jesus

Reactions: Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@101G Thank you for your kind and gracious post brother.
I guess he got the better of me :oops: ...I was so annoyed to see him call you a knitwit , knowing how gracious a man that you are.
Name calling is uncalled for. I honestly don't mind discussions that disagree, if they are done in a good spirit. In fact they a fun and establish us more firmly in what we do believe.
Bless you...Helen

Reactions: pia and 101G

christiang

May 24, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Did Jesus Christ not called men vipers and snakes? And Paul call men fools and whitewash walls? I say what I say out of righteous anger against you people, who call yourselves believers, but believe and teach lies because of your own wickedness, not only can you not accept the teaching that you must stop sinning completely, but you even refuse to want to do good unto others like giving to the poor and feeding the hungry! You are the reason why the gospel is discredited so terribly among the heathens, because all you do is sit on your asses and go to church, and DO NOTHING for people that are actually in need. You are the ones upon whom greater judgment will befall, you are they very examples of believers who are dead who have no love for others, you speak of of belief and love, but give none when it comes to actual actions. And whoever does do good and points out your error, you berate, because you hate others that are actually doing what is commanded by the Lord, because you yourselves don't! What foolish people you are.

christiang

May 24, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GINOLJC, BG, first, thanks for the response. second, some people are just mad because they are in ERROR, or in ignorance. see, they can't get mad at God, and two they don't want to admit that the devil is working in them, so that only leaves the messenger, (US) to blame and to be mad at. this is part of Christianity to suffer these things, but his cross is easy. some people, yes, you have to ignore, and neither will I give any room for their limited vocabulary. but when the Christian put on the full Armour of God any insult are dashed away, so there is no offense, I'm not offended at all. as a matter of fact I'm encourage. Remember what our brother Stephen said, "Lay not this at their charge"..... or as in our example, "Father forgive them for they no not what they do", and in this case what they SAY", just forgive. so BG, forgive them for they no not what they are saying, ok.

now as for me, you know where I stand, I'm never offended by anyone or anything said. there is nothing anyone can say that will offend me. oh yes I was called the devil once, but I had a good laugh by it, but was never offended. see, talk is cheap and people need to be heard. so let them speak with their mouth, but later when they come into the truth of the Lord Jesus, then they will be ashamed. so wait them out, have patience.

now you be blessed, and don't worry about these cheap words, or saying, just keep on speaking the truth in righteousness my Sister in Christ.

peace in Christ Jesus

You are the one that is teaching that you do not have to give to the poor nor feed the hungry, I am saying otherwise. Who then, do you suppose has the righteousness of God, the one that refuses to help his neighbor or the one that does? -Rolling me eyes at your stupidity-

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
because all you do is sit on your asses and go to church, and DO NOTHING for people that are actually in need.

And how on earth would YOU know that? How clever of you! I don't think.
I have not been "to church" for 20 years and sat on my ass there...
IF you had bothered to read any one else's posts on anyone else's thread... and not only your own threads , you would have known this.
And HOW on earth would YOU know where my husband and I give our money or how much...or what we do with and for other people??? :rolleyes:

Just keep your own vineyard free of weeds...your arguments are getting weak and pathetic.

Last edited:
Reactions: pia and Job

christiang

May 24, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And how on earth would YOU know that? How clever of you! I don't think.
I have not been "to church" for 20 years...IF you had bothered to read any ones else's posts on anyone else's thread and not only your own threads , you would have known this. And HOW on earth would YOU know where my husband and I give our money or what we do with and for other people??? :rolleyes:

Just keep your own vineyard free of weeds...

You yourself said you don't need to do good works. By your own words you make yourself obvious.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You yourself said you don't need to do good works. By your own words you make yourself obvious.

*Please quote me where I said we do not have to do good works. I can't find it.

I have said more than once on this site, that if we are believers GOOD WORKS are just our heart overflow. Christ in us loving the world around.
Where I differ from you is you saying " we HAVE to."

Like Paul said about "the prize of the high calling".."running the race..", but everything to do with calling and position. All works will be tested by Fire...and ..."our God is a consuming Fire"
Nothing to do with salvation
There is no "have to" about works ...it is our choice , the goal is before us...He has gone ahead to prepare a place for us...whether we get to 'sit' in that place us up to us...we are fools if we don't. We are fools if we don't allow the fruit of the Spirit to flow out of us....
That said...works are an outflow of our heart..it is God nature being expressed through us to others....no 'have to' about it.
But, we are free not to agree ...

Reactions: pia

Ally.s.j

Nov 12, 2017
Manchester
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
No I sadly agree it is not "nice".....and I am always annoyed at myself when I allow someone to get under my skin :oops:....but then again, I have tried before to show him that people will listen to him more, if he is polite and doesn't call them names.......
'you' have only been here for 'five minutes' ...while we have had him being rude and calling people idiot and knitwit for a long time.
He has no idea how to discuss or disagree agreeably. Most here can disagree pleasantly or even with a chuckle. Is it wrong to try and show him how he 'comes across' and how he alienates people by his arrogance and rudeness.
It is at least kinder to show him a mirror of what we see...only that will hopefully help him change and act kindly when talking to others.

I am praying for this man that he gets a revelation of the heart of Father God.
I am sure if you are polite it works both ways. Name calling is only part of being impolite dont you think.
Even if he has been a long time and done it many times, are you not supposed to forgive him many times.
We dont really see Jesus doing what you claim to be the right thing to do.
Yes it is wrong. If your heart is not for him. If you cant give instruction in love. You should not give instruction at all.
If you do not show him in love . He will not respond as you would like, as you have been trying a long time you said.

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I have said more than once on this site, that if we are believers GOOD WORKS are just our heart overflow. Christ in us loving the world around.

Like Paul said about "the prize of the high calling".."running the race..", but everything to do with calling and position. All works will be tested by Fire...and ..."our God is a consuming Fire"
There is no "have to" about works ...it is our choice , the goal is before us...He has gone ahead to prepare a place for us...whether we get to 'sit' in that place us up to us...we are fools if we don't. We are fools if we don't allow the fruit of the Spirit to flow out of us....
That said...works are an outflow of our heart..it is God nature being expressed through us to others....no 'have to' about it.

He's just mad because he's getting no praise for his works.

Ally.s.j

Nov 12, 2017
Manchester
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

See ByGrace this is where things get confussing in these situations. You did indeed say you will not bother doing good works. I believe you said I will pass?
I dont know why you would change your mind now. Maybe you forgot you said it? This is why I said people coming in looking for Christ would get confused in here. To many differing opinions and conflicting posts from the same person does not help.

Ally.s.j

Nov 12, 2017
Manchester
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Aw come on Job. Please try and forgive him if you dont agree. Its the very least we can or should do. Theres a lot of pain in here, and we Christians are all adding to it. :(

Last edited:

christiang

May 24, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I'm not mad because I'm not getting praise for my works, I'm mad because you call yourself a believer and say you don't need to give to the poor or feed the hungry. It boggles my mind how you do not understand this.

Ally.s.j

Nov 12, 2017
Manchester
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Do you believe the author of this thread is doing that? Instructing in love?
No hes not doing much in love. But That is not the conditions we are to be excepting of. We are to love our enemys and Hes not even an enemy. we are to love the brethern. And forgive them over and over. How will we grow if we dont forgive. If we dont forgiveChrist says we wont be forgiven.