Every Believer Must Do Good Works and Proclaim the Gospel, Some Are Called to Teach

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
See ByGrace this is where things get confussing in these situations. You did indeed say you will not bother doing good works. I believe you said I will pass?
I dont know why you would change your mind now. Maybe you forgot you said it? This is why I said people coming in looking for Christ would get confused in here. To many differing opinions and conflicting posts from the same person does not help.

That's not what she said. Go back and reread what she wrote. Nowhere does she say she will not do good works. When she said "I'll pass", she's making reference to visiting his site through the links he posted.

That's all it is. Nothing more.

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No hes not doing much in love. But That is not the conditions we are to be excepting of. We are to love our enemys and Hes not even an enemy. we are to love the brethern. And forgive them over and over. How will we grow if we dont forgive. If we dont forgiveChrist says we wont be forgiven.

Then your posts should be directed to him. He's the one that started the hateful rant.

Ally.s.j

Nov 12, 2017
Manchester
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
She never mentioned the site. I must say I thought ByGrace ment she disagreed with christiangs post. If thats the case I am sorry. But it would be near impossible for anyone to see what you saw in her post. Hence Me saying its all very confussing in here.
SO I could also say ByGrace never said what you said and not be wrong. Perhap let ByGrace say for herself

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not mad because I'm not getting praise for my works, I'm mad because you call yourself a believer and say you don't need to give to the poor or feed the hungry. It boggles my mind how you do not understand this.

No one said that. You just made it up.

Ally.s.j

Nov 12, 2017
Manchester
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Then your posts should be directed to him. He's the one that started the hateful rant.

But I dont feel the need to correct him. I can clearly see what hes talking about. And I can clearly see It would better with more love in his post.
But we are growing together. and supposed to be encouraging each other. If hes way out He needs our love. We will only except correction if its delivered in love. All the put downs are not working from anyone.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
These are YOUR words,

We are called to labor in the service of others.

Thank you...but ..Oh dear I quoted your post, by my quotes got left out. :(

The quote being:-

< Amen, well said. But those who don't want to hear it just wont hear it. They would rather labour under the weight of works. >

The words I would underline there...is the word LABOUR and WEIGHT.

"I said some would rather labour under the weight of works.."
If what we do for God is not out of a loving heart, a reflection of His heart , as I read scripture it then become "our works" , as not sone "by the Spirit" therefore dead-work. That is what I read Pauls saying.
That is why I kicked back when you kept writing "we must", we must...
His is the life that touches other when we do any act of kindness... He is the only one who can draw them to Him...
That is what I meant when I said it is not about us, it is all about Him...therefore anything that we DO, must be by the Holy Spirit. THEN it will bring forth fruit.
Not saying that my husband and I didn't spend years in outreach, and going around the Bars and Clubs talking the Good news...because we were told that "we must"...we did it in our own strength, not in His..
Then, we had the revelation of just listening to the Lord to hear things like..."take groceries to number 37 in such and such street."
Or "send $...... to whatshisname .."
I husband once heard from the Lord to send a roll of sealing tape to a missionary .. It seemed a very stupid thing to "hear" from the Lord!!
We did so and heard back how this man had prayed for someone to send him some ( he always gave away any money that he himself had) How that increased that man's faith that God hears specific prayer requests. It was GOD sending to him..not us, and he knew it!
Good work BY HEARING is so much different to your "you must, you must"
Only then by hearing
we began to see 'God in action' and lives changed.
Our earlier years of doing what we were told every christian "must do" were fruitless.

But, we all must do that which we each feel called to do.

Reactions: pia

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@christiang PS to my other post...this scripture comes to mind...
Matt 11:28-
28 "Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls."

Labouring with Him is a joy, not a burden.

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
She never mentioned the site. I must say I thought ByGrace ment she disagreed with christiangs post. If thats the case I am sorry. But it would be near impossible for anyone to see what you saw in her post. Hence Me saying its all very confussing in here.
SO I could also say ByGrace never said what you said and not be wrong. Perhap let ByGrace say for herself

There's her post. Show me where she said she doesn't help the needy.

And here it is again....those word "you must"...
I'll pass thank you....

When she says "I'll pass thank you...", she's saying she doesn't really want to visit his site. If you read the OP you'll see that's what he's asking people to do. Follow the link to his site. Her response to that request was "I'll pass thank you".

How do you not see that?

Ally.s.j

Nov 12, 2017
Manchester
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

< Amen, well said. But those who don't want to hear it just wont hear it. They would rather labour under the weight of works. >

If what we do for God is not out of a loving heart, a reflection of His heart , as I read scripture it then become "our works" , as not sone "by the Spirit" therefore dead-work. That is what I read Pauls saying.
His is the life that touches other when we do any act of kindness... He is the only one who can draw them to Him...
That is what I meant when I said it is not about us, it is all about Him...therefore anything that we DO, must be by the Holy Spirit. THEN it will bring forth fruit.
Not saying that my husband and I didn't spend years in outreach, and going around the Bars and Clubs talking the Good news...because we were told that "we must"...we did it in our own strength, not in His..
Then, we had the revelation of just listening to the Lord to hear things like..."take groceries to number 37 in such and such street."
I husband once heard from the Lord to send a roll of sealing tape to a missionary .. It seemed a very stupid thing to "hear" from the Lord!!
We did so and heard back how this man had prayed for someone to send him some ( he always gave away any money that he himself had) How that increased that man's faith that God hears specific prayer requests. It was GOD sending to him..not us, and he knew it!
Only then by hearing
Our earlier years of doing what we were told every christian "must do" were fruitless.

I never saw a loving heart towards christiang This is my only point. were called to love and to forgive many many times. Do unto others as you would have done unto you. Do you want and would you except someone telling you you are wrong?
We are not supposed to kick back. We are called to love and you must love. You must you must you must love. Thats really what you are ment to do.
He touches lives through us. to believer or unbeliever to mist guided believer as you think christiang is.

So the love you have shown others outside the forum mustbe the same in here. We dont change. I understand the We must do something and He has already done everything. But We are called to forgive for ever and ever. And no turning back.

We are well warned. If we dont forgive, He wont forgive us. That is very strong words from Christ.
Nothing in Christs name is fruitless. Not one word will return void to Him.

Its not hard to see where christiang is coming from. Maybe if you said to him in your first post . He might have excepted your post better.

All we need to ask befor posting. Is this.

Will what I post today bring as the bible says Life or death. Because you have the power of life and death in your tounge.
The tounges in here are running wild. But if Christ was really sitting visibly beside us. We would not post an awfull lot of what we are typing, I think

christiang

May 24, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Only then by hearing

Woman, this is simple. Must a believe do good works, or not? Scriptures says we must, what say you? Be plain and and stop beating around the bush to try to discard the truth.

Ally.s.j

Nov 12, 2017
Manchester
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
There's her post. Show me where she said she doesn't help the needy.

When she says "I'll pass thank you...", she's saying she doesn't really want to visit his site. If you read the OP you'll see that's what he's asking people to do. Follow the link to his site. Her response to that request was "I'll pass thank you".

How do you not see that?

As mucvh as I appreciate you standing up for BYGrace. She addressed it quite different from what you did. So it would be good if we allow people to explain for them selves really.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy

Ally.s.j

Nov 12, 2017
Manchester
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
@christiang PS to my other post...this scripture comes to mind...
Matt 11:28-
28 "Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls."

Labouring with Him is a joy, not a burden.
Indeed it is a joy. And after rereading christiangs first post. I do not see him attacking anyone. What he says is correct and should really have amens added instead of it growing into what it has done. I believe we are all to quick at looking at a post from a known person. Then making up our minds before we even read it. I do that sorry to say. I get angry at the mention of some poeples names. I wonder if anyone else does this. I wonder if we for get Christ said we are to love one and other. Forgive one and other. I think this is as much a stumbling block to the world when they see us all fighting in here. Shame on us. This will all be brought up every single word we say or type. What humiliation could be in store for us. Imagine being up first and the whole congregation of man since the beginning looking and hearing what we done and said in public. Then what we said in private. Dont confuse what we done before Christ. Its what we done with what we know since.

Last edited:
Reactions: GodsGrace

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@christiang .
Have a nice day...because this is getting too ridiculous.
This is NOT a real discussion at all...you don't really want any exchange of conversation.
I'll pass on all your links, I don't come here to the site to fellowship with links..so I'll pass on this Thread too...

christiang

May 24, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@christiang .
Have a nice day...because this is getting too ridiculous.
This is NOT a real discussion at all...you don't really want any exchange of conversation.
I'll pass on all your links, I don't come here to the site to fellowship with links..so I'll pass on this Thread too...

Shocker. I wouldn't expect someone who's convinced themselves that they don't need to give to the poor to take a teaching concerning having to do good unto others with any joy. I'm going to put you on ignore, I've already warned you several times to no avail.