• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truthnightmare

Dec 11, 2019
Athens
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm curious as to your take on 'the bible' concerning 'your opinion'?

JOH 20:23 If you forgive the sins of any, they are forgiven; if you retain the sins of any, they are retained."
My Bible reads a bit different…

John 20:23 "Whose soever sins ye remit, they are remitted unto them; and whose soever sins ye retain, they are retained."

The word “ye” is addressed to a particular… so this is not addressed to you and me and the power to do such as mentioned, we may not be privy to….

Do you include yourself when Jesus says..
“If you forgive the sin”?

Truthnightmare

Dec 11, 2019
Athens
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
MT 7 Narrow is the way that leads to life and FEW there be who find it!
So simple….

There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when ye shall see Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and you yourselves thrust out.

Yea…. That sounds like everyone is going to make it.

Reactions: Jack

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Luke 13:23-24
23 Then one said to Him, "Lord, are there few who are saved?" And He said to them,
24 "Strive to enter through the narrow gate, for many, I say to you, will seek to enter and will not be able.

Reactions: Truthnightmare

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No…. How would this be possible when Satan and the fallen angels have already been sentenced to death.

I was referring to praying that all PEOPLE'S sin be forgiven.

Some think that scripture gives them power to pray someone in to Heaven without them getting born again are walking with the Lord.

They be sadly mistaken.

Truthnightmare

Dec 11, 2019
Athens
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Luke 13:23-24
23 Then one said to Him, "Lord, are there few who are saved?" And He said to them,
24 "Strive to enter through the narrow gate, for many, I say to you, will seek to enter and will not be able.
Matthew 23:13
But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in.

After all this craziness throughout the world’s history, everyone makes it, and everyone lives happily ever after. Sounds nice… But we serve a jealous God.. a God that pours out hail fire.

A God that doesn’t play… Sorry, but Disney fairytales hold nothing when God pours out the veils of wrath upon mankind.

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"God is Not the author of confusion!..." (1 Corinthians 14:33 AV)
I'm suspecting that Paul, the writer of this quote knew what he was saying and meant by these words.

What are you meaning by these words you typed?
Off topic here, so I answered over here: KJV Only?

Hillsage

Feb 20, 2023
Western Kansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My Bible reads a bit different…

John 20:23 "Whose soever sins ye remit, they are remitted unto them; and whose soever sins ye retain, they are retained."

The word “ye” is addressed to a particular… so this is not addressed to you and me and the power to do such as mentioned, we may not be privy to….
READS DIFFERENT? What name is on your bible? Is it KING JAMES? If YES, then tell me why it's different below compared to 4 other translations AND with itself?

If your bible is KJV, do you want to know another verse IN YOUR BIBLE which translates the same Greek word "REMIT/APHIEMI" as "FORGIVE/APHIEMI"

LUK 23:34 Then said Jesus, Father, forgive/APHIEMI them; for they know not what they do. And they parted his raiment, and cast lots.

NKJ JOH 20:23 "If you forgive the sins of any, they are forgiven them; if you retain the sins of any, they are retained."
RSV JOH 20:23 If you forgive the sins of any, they are forgiven; if you retain the sins of any, they are retained."
NIV JOH 20:23 If you forgive anyone his sins, they are forgiven; if you do not forgive them, they are not forgiven."

Every translation above also translates the same Greek word a FORGIVE in Luke 23:34. INCLUDING THE KJV. So tell me why the KJV is inconsistent in only Joh 20:23 by saying "REMIT"?

Do you include yourself when Jesus says..
“If you forgive the sin”?
Yes I do include myself. Why don't you? But I do so with a knowledge you apparently don't know about.

Question? Did Stephen forgive the sins of his killers, just like Jesus did? If you say NO! then what did he mean?

ACT 7:60 And he/STEPHEN knelt down and cried with a loud voice, "Lord, do not hold this sin against them."

Question? If Jesus eternally forgave the sins of anyone before he died on the cross then why did He still have to die?

Last edited:

12question

Dec 9, 2023
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What is the Bible lacking???
I'm very surprised at the question. But maybe I've misunderstood what you're asking.

Is the bible lacking information about all truth which resides within the Creators? Absolutely!

Is the bible lacking in recording all that Jesus did? Absolutely!

Is the bible itself lacking context? Absolutely!

Is the bible lacking the divine life of the Creators? Absolutely! It's a book full of writing on pages.

Does the bible contain exhaustive information on all the above? Absolutely NOT!

So do we have any chance of gaining further information that is lacking in the 81 books in the most extensive bible available on earth? Absolutely!

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
tell your wife that and duck.

I do tell her that and if she tries to assault me I'll call the sheriff and have her arrested!
I won't have to do that because she's not stoopid. I don't assault her and she's not going to assault me.

Men that are not the leaders of their household are weak in out of God's will in their personal lives.

It also keeps the door open for the devil to have a free hand to bring in destruction if the man of the house is weak and is letting the wife be the leader of the household.