Everyone Who Argues Against the Deity of Jesus

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Preaching the sermons of non-trinitarians and no one noticed. Were they sermons that left out the non-trinitarian component?
T.D. Jakes has professed his belief in the Trinity . He used to be Pentecostal Oneness but has changed his position. I don't know about Rod Parsley. I've listened to John Hagee for years and never got a hint if he's not a Trinitarian

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
T.D. Jakes has professed his belief in the Trinity . He used to be Pentecostal Oneness but has changed his position.

Yes. Did your pastor use his sermons before Jakes changed his position?

I don't know about Rod Parsley.

If’s he’s changed his position I’m not aware of it. He’s Oneness Pentecostal.

I've listened to John Hagee for years and never got a hint if he's not a Trinitarian

I’ve rarely heard him say anything about the Trinity but, from what I’ve heard him say, he comes across as a trinitarian.

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes. Did your pastor use his sermons before Jakes changed his position?

If’s he’s changed his position I’m not aware of it. He’s Oneness Pentecostal.

I’ve rarely heard him say anything about the Trinity but, from what I’ve heard him say, he comes across as a trinitarian.
In Jakes' sermons he has referred to the Triune God and said the Godhead is a mystery and those who think they understand it really don't. And I assume you know there are Pentecostals who are Trinitarian

Last edited:
Reactions: Matthias

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
In Jakes' sermons he has referred to the Triune God and said the Godhead is a mystery and those who think they understand it really don't.

“The Trinity is a mystery to be embraced, not understood.” - Trinitarians by the score

And I assume you know there are Pentecostals who are Trinitarian

Get around, ‘round, ‘round, I get around.

Many people don’t know it though. It’s a good thought to mention it in passing for their benefit. Sometimes I become so focused on who I’m speaking with that I forget other people are (or might be) following the conversation.

I’m still soldiering on reading about the beliefs of the Valentinians. (Christianity explained as if it were Greek mythology.)

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Those "snooty Jewish priests" were experts of the Law of Moses and knew that a claim of being THE Son of God and One with the Father was claiming to be God Himself..

A fool who's a theological "expert" is still just a fool..:)

dhh712

Jun 12, 2022
Gettysburg
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When I belonged to the Church of England we used the Nicene Creed for Communion services and the Apostles Creed for all other services.
That's what we do in my church. Now we're going to weekly communion services and I wonder--does that mean we'll be saying the Nicene Creed at every service then? For some reason I just love the Nicene Creed.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
The Church of the first three centuries didn’t recite the Nicene Creed with the same frequency the Church has for the past eighteen centuries.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I understand plain english..;)

I thought I did until I spent a few days in London. Appalachian English is my native language. :ummm:

“So shall my word be, that goeth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I will, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.”

(Isaiah 55:11, Geneva Bible)

“In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. This same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by it, and without it was made nothing that was made. In it was life, and the life was the light of men. And that light shineth in the darkness, and the darkness comprehended it not.”

(John 1:1-5, Geneva Bible)

“And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we saw the glory thereof, as the only begotten Son of the Father) full of grace and truth.”

(John 1:14, Geneva Bible)

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I thought I did until I spent a few days in London. Appalachian English is my native language. :ummm:

“So shall my word be, that goeth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I will, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.”

(Isaiah 55:11, Geneva Bible)

“In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. This same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by it, and without it was made nothing that was made. In it was life, and the life was the light of men. And that light shineth in the darkness, and the darkness comprehended it not.”

(John 1:1-5, Geneva Bible)

“And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we saw the glory thereof, as the only begotten Son of the Father) full of grace and truth.”

(John 1:14, Geneva Bible)
Even if you call him it he still becomes flesh and dwelts among us

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Let me toss the following speculation into the playpen-
Satan wants to do all he can to belittle, trivialise, disrespect, humanise and mock God, so by convincing some people that Jesus was God, he's holding God up to ridicule by suggesting God was a human who worked in a carpenter's shop for 29 years making tables and chairs..:)
Satan mocks God in other ways too, for example by convincing people that God has the name 'Jehovah or 'Yahweh' like the freak show of heathen 'gods and goddesses'..:)

Reactions: Michiah-Imla