Everyone Who Argues Against the Deity of Jesus

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
. . . is violating the agreement you made with this site when you joined.

Do you care?

Is that Honorable? Does that show Integrity? Were you being honest?

Christianity Board Statement of Faith

The below clearly outlines the core, closed-handed, and Christian orthodox issues that we expect members of Christianity Board to uphold. We accept that this declaration essentially defines Christianity for Christianity Board. Disagreement with the below, we believe, places one outside the realm of reasonable orthodox Christianity.

We believe that God is the Creator, Sustainer, and Ruler of the universe. We attest that God has eternally existed in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. These three are co-equal and are one God. (Genesis 1:1, 26-27, Genesis 3:22, Deuteronomy 6:4, Psalm 90:2, John 1:1, John 10:30, Romans 3:30, II Corinthians 13:14, I Peter 1:2)

We believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God and is co-equal with the Father. Jesus lived a completely sinless human life and offered himself freely on the cross as the perfect sacrifice for the sins of all, according to God’s plan revealed from the beginning. After three days, Jesus arose from the dead to demonstrate his power over death. He ascended to heaven to await his future return as King of Kings and Lord of Lords. (Genesis 3:15, Isaiah 9:6-7, Matthew 1:22-25, John 1:1-5, John 14:10-30, Acts 1:9-11, Romans 1:3-4, I Corinthians 15:3-4, I Timothy 6:14-15, Titus 2:3, Hebrews 4:14-15)

We believe that the Holy Spirit is equal with the Father and Son (Jesus). He is present in this world as an intercessor to make men and women aware of their need for Jesus the Christ. The Holy Spirit resides in every believer from the moment of salvation. He empowers the Christian with strength for living, understanding the truth, witnessing to others, and in doing what is right. (John 14:16-17, John 16:7-13, Acts 1:8, I Corinthians 2:12, I Corinthians 3:16, II Corinthians 3:17, Galatians 5:16-25, Ephesians 1:13-14, Ephesians 5:18-21)

Did you join under false pretenses?

Will you be honest with yourself?

Much love!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Good post @marks

I was thinking yesterday about the JW cult tha used to do 'street service' by knocking on doors. And then in our area at least they started to set up mini stalls in the town centre. And now they are infiltrating Christian websites - probably as a new way of doing their must-do 'service'.

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
. . . is violating the agreement you made with this site when you joined.

Do you care?

Is that Honorable? Does that show Integrity? Were you being honest?

Christianity Board Statement of Faith

The below clearly outlines the core, closed-handed, and Christian orthodox issues that we expect members of Christianity Board to uphold. We accept that this declaration essentially defines Christianity for Christianity Board. Disagreement with the below, we believe, places one outside the realm of reasonable orthodox Christianity.

We believe that God is the Creator, Sustainer, and Ruler of the universe. We attest that God has eternally existed in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. These three are co-equal and are one God. (Genesis 1:1, 26-27, Genesis 3:22, Deuteronomy 6:4, Psalm 90:2, John 1:1, John 10:30, Romans 3:30, II Corinthians 13:14, I Peter 1:2)

We believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God and is co-equal with the Father. Jesus lived a completely sinless human life and offered himself freely on the cross as the perfect sacrifice for the sins of all, according to God’s plan revealed from the beginning. After three days, Jesus arose from the dead to demonstrate his power over death. He ascended to heaven to await his future return as King of Kings and Lord of Lords. (Genesis 3:15, Isaiah 9:6-7, Matthew 1:22-25, John 1:1-5, John 14:10-30, Acts 1:9-11, Romans 1:3-4, I Corinthians 15:3-4, I Timothy 6:14-15, Titus 2:3, Hebrews 4:14-15)

We believe that the Holy Spirit is equal with the Father and Son (Jesus). He is present in this world as an intercessor to make men and women aware of their need for Jesus the Christ. The Holy Spirit resides in every believer from the moment of salvation. He empowers the Christian with strength for living, understanding the truth, witnessing to others, and in doing what is right. (John 14:16-17, John 16:7-13, Acts 1:8, I Corinthians 2:12, I Corinthians 3:16, II Corinthians 3:17, Galatians 5:16-25, Ephesians 1:13-14, Ephesians 5:18-21)

Did you join under false pretenses?

Will you be honest with yourself?

Much love!
It seems the number one topic on the forum is in violation of the rules

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
In light of @marks post bringing this issue up, should people who violate these rules be reported? Perhaps an admin can answer that.

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In light of @marks post bringing this issue up, should people who violate these rules be reported? Perhaps an admin can answer that.
I am open to having conversations with these people and I don't like censorship but these issues brought up in the OP are the subject of most threads on this forum. Still I don't think they should be censored. I'm kind of conflicted about this because the forum says it's a closed issue

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am open to having conversations with these people and I don't like censorship but these issues brought up in the OP are the subject of most threads on this forum. Still I don't think they should be censored. I'm kind of conflicted about this because the forum says it's a closed issue
How many threads have been hijacked? How many members don't post as much because of this?

Much love!

Reactions: Pearl and RLT63

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just why do you suppose there is an unorthodox forum?

Christianity Board Forum Rules

The Unorthodox forum is a gray area and is open for debate but please use forum ettiquette when engaging as forum rules still apply here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Statement of Faith:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's not a gray area.

According to this.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good post @marks

I was thinking yesterday about the JW cult tha used to do 'street service' by knocking on doors. And then in our area at least they started to set up mini stalls in the town centre. And now they are infiltrating Christian websites - probably as a new way of doing their must-do 'service'.
I've been thinking the same thing.

Much love!

Reactions: TLHKAJ and Pearl

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Unorthodox forum is a gray area and is open for debate

Mark, that does not answer my question. IF the purpose of the unorthodox forum was merely for debate, it would not exist, but be rolled into the debate forum.

It's not a gray area.

Seems to me you have realized that your debate tactics have failed miserably and so have decided to take a different tact; Appeal to Authority. Guess what? If you don't want to debate, you don't have to. :D

Reactions: Mr E

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm kind of conflicted about this because the forum says it's a closed issue
By way of comparison, Pluto was recently officially demoted as a planet in our solar system. I am more passionate about this than most and can debate the topic. Yet, I realize and accept that Pluto has been officially demoted as a planet in our solar system.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I publicly discussed the matter with a staff member. Due to the reassurance I received from the staff member in that conversation, I’m posting in all sections on this forum with a clear conscience.

I had offered not to.

Reactions: Wrangler

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mark, that does not answer my question. IF the purpose of the unorthodox forum was merely for debate, it would not exist, but be rolled into the debate forum.
I'm simply quoting what the website itself says.

Hey . . . that sounds familiar!

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I publicly discussed the matter with a staff member. Due to the reassurance I received from the staff member in that conversation, I’m posting in all sections on this forum with a clear conscience.

I had offered not to.
I realize the staff does not enforce the issue.

Much love!

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I had offered not to.
Yes, there is a great big mixed message going out.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Seems to me you have realized that your debate tactics have failed miserably and so have decided to take a different tact; Appeal to Authority. Guess what? If you don't want to debate, you don't have to. :D
Considering that just about every debate I engage in ends up with the others affirming that they do not accept the plain saying of some plainly stated passage, and that's why we disagee . . . what do you think my concern is?

But I do point out that those who so engage themselves to disprove the Trinity, and Jesus' deity, are not honoring their membership agreement, whether or not the mods do something or not.

May be what should happen is to change the rules and the statement of faith, and stop promoting this as an orthodox Christian forum.

Much love!

Reactions: Nancy and Pearl

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm simply quoting what the website itself says.

No, you are not simply quoting what the website itself says.

Seems to me you have realized that your debate tactics have failed miserably and so have decided to take a different tact; Appeal to Authority.

And you do this Mark. You make assertions then back off when they don't hold up to scrutiny.

Reactions: Mr E

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Considering that just about every debate I engage in ends up with the others affirming that they do not accept the plain saying of some plainly stated passage, and that's why we disagee . . . what do you think my concern is?

I don't know. Some threads don't interest me. So, I do not post in them. If these debates are actually a concern to you, consider letting them be active without your participation. As one church I went to said.

Give until it feels good, not until it hurts.

not honoring their membership agreement

I just thank God that not everyone thinks like you Mark.

Much love!