Everyone Who Argues Against the Deity of Jesus

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You want clearness?, here ya go..:)-
Jesus said- "I am going to the Father, for my Father is greater than I" (John 14:28)

Reactions: Mr E

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
J..Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with God. (John 5:18)

How can saying God was his father make him equal with God? The snooty jewish priests simply twisted his words because they'd been gunning for him ever since he told them they were going up the spout..:)

dhh712

Jun 12, 2022
Gettysburg
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In which... I would assume such a one in the flesh and out of the Spirit. And the Bible thing to do when meeting these people is to stop... Give them a strange look... And keep on going!

Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them. - Romans 16:17

Exactly. I am all for engaging with those who are questioning or who are not sure that is what God has revealed to us in his word (that Jesus is His incarnate Son in which "the fullness of deity dwells bodily"--from Colossians, yet one more verse in the Bible those who deny the deity of Jesus have to scratch out. By the time all the verses which clearly reveal Jesus is God the Son are marked out--as they should be since they ignore these verses anyway--they won't have much of a Bible left!).

But those whom the devil has blinded and has deceived into having a strong opinion about this, I avoid them and have no fellowship with these people. It is pointless and nothing beneficial can come from it as farouk pointed out (the only thing they do is give the verses which clearly demonstrate that Jesus is fully human and is God's Son, which He is of course. They are just ignoring how He is God the Son not some mere human who is called "God's Son". We are all--believers-- as His adopted children sons and daughters of God. There is only one eternally begotten Son of God--He is God the Son and no one else is. So it just is so useless to engage with those who have this opinion. And as you have shown from God's revelation to us--it goes against what he desires from us as well!).

You just don't understand.
They want their god to fit into a neat little box which they can completely understand. Their god is too small. Any god someone can fully comprehend is a figment of someone's imagination. The true and Living God cannot be fully comprehended, just as the Triune God cannot be fully comprehended. We will NEVER understand on this side of glory how God is Three Persons yet is One God. It's just not possible to understand from our limited perspective. God is infinite. We are finite.

Of course, those who deny Jesus' deity will scoff at this, roll their eyes and say its the same old thing, some sort of mystery which we can't understand. Like I said, their god is a figment of their own imagination which they completely understand. That's why he isn't god. Only the Triune God is. They will find this out shortly when they stand before Him. I pray that they are found in Him and that Jesus has indeed died for this sin of denying His deity. The decision rests with Him not any of us thank God. I just can't call them my brother or sister because God has revealed to us that we are to avoid them, any who speak contrary to the doctrines which are revealed by Him. I'm hoping they are though because it causes me much pain to think of any who will be shut out from the Living God forever by some deception of the devil.

Last edited:
Reactions: marks

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I have been arguing with certain Trinitarians all day. They think their Church is the one true Church
There is only one True Church and that is made up of all those who have made a choice to receive Jesus and are born again. This Church consists of people from all walks of life. all nationalities, colour or race, and all religious backgrounds or none, who are indwelt by the Holy Spirit.

dhh712

Jun 12, 2022
Gettysburg
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have been arguing with certain Trinitarians all day. They think their Church is the one true Church
Oh my--the only True Church is the invisible catholic one. I've heard the the OPC (Orthodox Presbyterian Church) is commonly known as the "Only Perfect Church"--but we say that jokingly, knowing it isn't true. Every church has elements of imperfection in it. It's just the tares among the wheat parable--at the last day is the only time when the True Church will be revealed. No one can point to that right now because it's invisible.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
On another forum I'm on, their standard for being a Christian requires a belief in the Nicene creed. I wonder how many people on there who identify as Christians have read it or even know what it is.

Is it the original Nicene Creed (A.D. 325) or the revised Nicene Creed (A.D. 381)? Most of the forums I’ve been on which have that as the standard mean the revised Nicene Creed in order to exclude the binitarians (which the original Nicene Creed doesn’t do.)

What is the Nicene Creed of A.D. 325 and A.D. 381?

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
On another forum I'm on, their standard for being a Christian requires a belief in the Nicene creed. I wonder how many people on there who identify as Christians have read it or even know what it is.

That standard excludes the belief of Christians who lived prior to the 4th century (primitive Christians).

The good [news]: None of the Christians who lived prior to the 4th century are going to become members of 21st century discussion forums.

The bad [news]: Spiritual descendants of those Christians who lived prior to the 4th century are going to become members of 21st century discussion forums and be denied the title of their ancestors.

& the ugly [news]: The earliest Christians were Jewish monotheists. There would be an outcry if I were to begin listing their names.

P.S.

This is the problem that the Church faced in the first five centuries. … and then centuries later came the Great Schism in 1054 … and then centuries after that the Protestant Reformation and the Radical Reformation in the 16th century … and after that further splitting still.

Last edited:

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reactions: Matthias

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I think it's the revised one best that I remember

I remember a Church history professor asking the class one day to raise their hands if they subscribed to the Nicene Creed. Almost every hand shot up. He asked the students to lower their hands and then asked for a show of hands from those who subscribed to the revised Nicene Creed. A few raised their hands but most were confused, having never heard before that there is such a thing. The confusion is caused because they both commonly go by the same name [rather than the technically correct Nicene-Constantinopolitan Creed] and such things aren’t typically discussed in many churches. (I was raised in a trinitarian denomination that isn’t creedal.) The history professor had the segue he was looking for.

Last edited:

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I remember a Church history professor asking the class one day to raise their hands if they subscribed to the Nicene Creed. Almost every hand shot up. He asked the students to lower their hands and then asked for a show of hands from those who subscribed to the revised Nicene Creed. A few raised their hands but most were confused, having never heard before that there is such a thing. The confusion is caused because they both commonly go by the same name [rather than the technically correct Nicene-Constantinopolitan Creed] and such things aren’t typically discussed in many churches. (I was raised in a trinitarian denomination that isn’t creedal.) The history professor had the segue he was looking for.
Yeah I never heard of the creed in the Baptist Churches I was in.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Yeah I never heard of the creed in the Baptist Churches I was in.

A friend of mine who had been going to a United Methodist Church began going to a non-denominational church. One of the things he said he liked about the non-denominational church is they didn’t recite any creeds.

Another friend recently moved and began attending a Baptist Church that is located directly behind his house. (All he has to do to get there is walk across his backyard.) He loves his new Church but told me he misses reciting the creeds, which was the liturgical practice of the Church he formerly attended.

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A friend of mine who had been going to a United Methodist Church began going to a non-denominational church. One of the things he said he liked about the non-denominational church is they didn’t recite any creeds.

Another friend recently moved and began attending a Baptist Church that is located directly behind his house. (All he has to do to get there is walk across his backyard.) He loves his new Church but told me he misses reciting the creeds, which was the liturgical practice of the Church he formerly attended.
The Pastor at the non denominational Church I was Youth Pastor at probably doesn't know what the Nicene Creed is

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
“Do you filioque or do you not?”

Filioque - Wikipedia

Those who do might raise a bitter cry against those who don’t and plead to have those who don’t excluded from a forum.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The Pastor at the non denominational Church I was Youth Pastor at probably doesn't know what the Nicene Creed is
When I belonged to the Church of England we used the Nicene Creed for Communion services and the Apostles Creed for all other services.

Reactions: dhh712 and RLT63

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How can saying God was his father make him equal with God? The snooty jewish priests simply twisted his words because they'd been gunning for him ever since he told them they were going up the spout..:)

Those "snooty Jewish priests" were experts of the Law of Moses and knew that a claim of being THE Son of God and One with the Father was claiming to be God Himself. In Fact, these priests would be akin to the fundamentalists of Today.... They knew the scriptures inside and out, yet denied Christ, the Messiah, because of these very claims made by Christ, despite the prophets of old prophesying The Messiah would be "Mighty God", and "Jehovah whom they have pierced" (Isaiah 9:6, Zechariah 12:10)

Reactions: RLT63

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States

Does it matter?

I suppose it would if he ever decided to become a member of an online discussion forum which required him to subscribe to it. But otherwise?

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does it matter?

I suppose it would if he ever decided to become a member of an online discussion forum which required him to subscribe to it. But otherwise?
No it doesn't matter. He got his sermons from T.D. Jakes, Rod Parsley and John Hagee but no one noticed. People got saved and the Church grew. He was a worshiper and promoted worship and God blessed that.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
No it doesn't matter. He got his sermons from T.D. Jakes, Rod Parsley and John Hagee but no one noticed.

Preaching the sermons of non-trinitarians and no one noticed. Were they sermons that left out the non-trinitarian component?

People got saved and the Church grew. He was a worshiper and promoted worship and God blessed that.