Everyone Who Argues Against the Deity of Jesus

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And you do this Mark. You make assertions then back off when they don't hold up to scrutiny.

My assertions are generally that we should believe what we read. That we should show integrity in our interpretations, that we are willing to be subjected to the Scriptures being the Word of God, and that we should just accept what it says, as we both hold to the truthfulness in all the Scriptures, and that true understandings will provide harmony throughout.

To me, that those who oppose the Trinity and Jesus' deity have also not shown integrity in joining this site.

I do expect though that those who oppose this will go on to make it about me.

Much love!

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My assertions are ...
Mark, I love God. I love Jesus. I pray for the Holy Spirit multiple times each day. I love you as a brother in Christ.

I pray you remain a valuable and loved contributor to this forum and enjoy the experience. It sounds like debating is wearing on you. Your assertions are not being greeted as you expect. Relax, my friend. We are not getting out of life alive. :cool:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mark, I love God. I love Jesus. I pray for the Holy Spirit multiple times each day. I love you as a brother in Christ.

I pray you remain a valuable and loved contributor to this forum and enjoy the experience. It sounds like debating is wearing on you. Your assertions are not being greeted as you expect. Relax, my friend. We are not getting out of life alive. :cool:
I don't think you understand me, but that's OK, we've never even met.

Certain realities exist. That's all I can say. I don't tire of admonishing others to read God's Word, and believe it.

I don't mind confronting people some times with certain realities, and this is one of them.

If you are thinking my interest here is that I can somehow wriggle out of debates, no, that's not it. I know how to log in and out as I wish, so, not to worry!

No, my point is simply what I'm saying. Shining a light, that's all. No big drama!

Much love!

Last edited:

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't think you understand me, but that's OK, we've never even met.

<sigh> I understand you better than you seem to understand yourself as I've pointed out the dynamic that repeats is apparently a blind spot of yours. What you do is make assertions and when it cannot hold up to scrutiny, you back off. This whole thread is a testament to this aspect of your personality. To wit:

No, my point is simply what I'm saying. Shining a light, that's all. No big drama!

No big drama to PUBLICLY challenge the honor and integrity of other people?! What would be a big drama? LOL

. . . is violating the agreement you made with this site when you joined.
Do you care?
Is that Honorable? Does that show Integrity? Were you being honest?

If we had met and lived before the 19th century, if we were real Christian men who lived back then, such statements would be grounds for you to be challenged to a duel to the death - and you say it's no big drama? Mark, if it was no big drama, you would not have started this thread.

It's OK Mark. I forgive you and love you anyway. :) Here is a profound quote for your consideration of societal deterioration.

mike-tyson-quote-1-min-1200x675.jpg

Reactions: Mr E

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
. . . is violating the agreement you made with this site when you joined.

Do you care?

Is that Honorable? Does that show Integrity? Were you being honest?

Christianity Board Statement of Faith

The below clearly outlines the core, closed-handed, and Christian orthodox issues that we expect members of Christianity Board to uphold. We accept that this declaration essentially defines Christianity for Christianity Board. Disagreement with the below, we believe, places one outside the realm of reasonable orthodox Christianity.

We believe that God is the Creator, Sustainer, and Ruler of the universe. We attest that God has eternally existed in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. These three are co-equal and are one God. (Genesis 1:1, 26-27, Genesis 3:22, Deuteronomy 6:4, Psalm 90:2, John 1:1, John 10:30, Romans 3:30, II Corinthians 13:14, I Peter 1:2)

We believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God and is co-equal with the Father. Jesus lived a completely sinless human life and offered himself freely on the cross as the perfect sacrifice for the sins of all, according to God’s plan revealed from the beginning. After three days, Jesus arose from the dead to demonstrate his power over death. He ascended to heaven to await his future return as King of Kings and Lord of Lords. (Genesis 3:15, Isaiah 9:6-7, Matthew 1:22-25, John 1:1-5, John 14:10-30, Acts 1:9-11, Romans 1:3-4, I Corinthians 15:3-4, I Timothy 6:14-15, Titus 2:3, Hebrews 4:14-15)

We believe that the Holy Spirit is equal with the Father and Son (Jesus). He is present in this world as an intercessor to make men and women aware of their need for Jesus the Christ. The Holy Spirit resides in every believer from the moment of salvation. He empowers the Christian with strength for living, understanding the truth, witnessing to others, and in doing what is right. (John 14:16-17, John 16:7-13, Acts 1:8, I Corinthians 2:12, I Corinthians 3:16, II Corinthians 3:17, Galatians 5:16-25, Ephesians 1:13-14, Ephesians 5:18-21)

Did you join under false pretenses?

Will you be honest with yourself?

Much love!

It is the sin nature of us to bend and violate laws and rules. God is merciful. We should try to be too.
Non-Trinitarians believe in Jesus and try to obey Him, just not as God. It is conflicting since the Body of Christ should be in harmony, on the same page and we are not. Even among Trinitarians, we are divided.
This is how it's always been, a mixture of those with strong faith and those who are weak, knowledgable and not so knowledgeable, OSAS and those who are uncertain, "Reformed Calvinists", Catholics, Othodox, Evangelical, Pre-Trib, Post-Trib and me in the middle. It's difficult to find someone on the same page on all doctrines.
Evil has pentrated the church in many forms and so we have tares among the wheat as well who disguise themselves as Christians. I feel like some of these threads could be added to a sequel to the Screwtape Letters. Some of these folk are very clever. Satan is the author of lies and deceives many. He cannot snatch any true Christian out of God's hand but he can get them off track, confuse them and thereby render them ineffective.
In very subtle ways, false doctrines erode the glory of Christ, degrade Him as a lesser God, demoded to an angel, a created being. Woe to them that do that, because now you aren't just messing with the Christian, you are dishonoring Jesus. Dishonor the Son and you dishonor the Father. What does Satan want to do if he can't destroy us. I would say he wants us to do everything opposite of the fruit of the Spirit. Amillennialists are pains too, they desparage the hope for an imminent return of Christ and His appointed Millennial Kingdom. Will Christ reign on earth? I guess you can't really prayer the Lord's prayer if you don't believe that.
Anyways, it will all pan out. If my understanding of Christ's Second Coming is close, we will see Him soon. He will rid the world of all false religions and doctrines and the world will be filled with truth only. There will be no debates like we have now, just love, peace , harmony and filled with the knowledge of the Lord. All these false views and divisions among us will be corrected suddenly ... in the twinkling of an eye.

Last edited:
Reactions: RLT63

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To me, that those who oppose the Trinity and Jesus' deity have also not shown integrity in joining this site.

Sometimes God will place us in a den of lions to show us his providence. As I have said here before, the deity of Christ is a test of the Spirit in the person, the Ones that cannot say that Jesus is THE LORD, do not have the Holy Spirit, But another spirit in them, usually a religious Spirit.... We as a church have lost the ability to discern, and therefore test the Spirits in such a way, therefore Usurpers will sneak their way in among the sheep. For the past 2000 years the deity of Christ has been the one doctrine that was that very determining factor as to who is a true Christian and who is not, but now in the post-modern era all things are relative and open to interpretation and innuendo. This is why a born-again believer who receives the earnest of the Holy Spirit is shown who Christ is immediately, as the Knowledge of who he is (God incarnate) Breaks us and allows us to see That amazing Love, Godly Love for us (Agape), which prevents us from falling victim to religious spirits such as the cults teach.

Every other religion out there denies the deity of Christ, or places him in a pantheon of lesser gods such as the Hindus, only true Christianity teaches that he is the One very God made flesh....

Most of them are wolves in sheep's clothing, seeking whom they may devour, some are still honest seekers of Truth who need to hear the WORD of God and have it cut to their marrow. The wheat and tares will grow together and will be uprooted by the angels at the time of harvest. We need to always speak the truth of the Gospel as the Spirit has revealed to us, but at the same time loving them as ones who may come to the cross to find God there and realizing his amazing love.

Just so you know, you will not win the argument by Logic with them but by the Spirit. The deity of Christ is Spiritually discerned, and the Spirit must convict them of this fact.

1. And can it be that I should gain
    An int’rest in the Savior’s blood?
    Died He for me, who caused His pain—
    For me, who Him to death pursued?
    Amazing love! How can it be,
    That Thou, my God, shouldst die for me?
    • Refrain:
      Amazing love! How can it be,
      That Thou, my God, shouldst die for me?

God Bless.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My assertions are generally that we should believe what we read. That we should show integrity in our interpretations, that we are willing to be subjected to the Scriptures being the Word of God, and that we should just accept what it says, as we both hold to the truthfulness in all the Scriptures, and that true understandings will provide harmony throughout.

I do expect though that those who oppose this will go on to make it about me.

Much love!
I agree, but it may be unrealistic. The spirit wars against the flesh within us. People like to bend and twist the scripture to conform to their belief system. Christians aren't perfect, only spiritually perfect. Pride, the old self kicks in sometimes and everyone wants to be right. They want to win, they are competitive and sometimes willing to cheat.
Do they have integrity? Most of the time, yes until they fail. We are sinners.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yup, son means son..:)
"Who is it that overcomes the world? Only he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God" (1 John 5:5)
Are you saying then that you are in agreement with the statement of faith?

Much love!

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Are you saying then that you are in agreement with the statement of faith?

Yes, CB's SOF states 'We believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God', so I've got no beef with that because it ties in with what Jesus himself said about being the son of God..:)

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, CB's SOF states 'We believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God', so I've got no beef with that because it ties in with what Jesus himself said about being the son of God..:)
So then you likewise believe that Jesus is in fact God Himself?

Much love!

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
So then you likewise believe that Jesus is in fact God Himself?

No he's the son of God, and even God himself says so..:)
"This is my beloved son in whom I am well pleased, listen to him" (Matthew 17:5)

Reactions: Mr E

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No big drama to PUBLICLY challenge the honor and integrity of other people?! What would be a big drama? LOL
It's a question for you to address with yourself.

The only value to this thread will be if someone will be willing to be honest with them self, and to acknowledge that "Yes, I am here contrary to what the SOF says, and I'm doing it anyway", or whatever is your response. But the challenge is for people to be honest with them self.

I understand you better than you seem to understand yourself as I've pointed out the dynamic that repeats is apparently a blind spot of yours. What you do is make assertions and when it cannot hold up to scrutiny, you back off. This whole thread is a testament to this aspect of your personality.
That's fine to tell yourself, but it constitutes your opinion only, and you don't actually have that info of why I do or don't post to a thread, or reply to a particular post. In many cases, I just don't feel like unravelling all the logical fallacies that get posted. Often I've simply said what I came to say, and you can accept or reject, and I don't always have to have the last word. Or it's been addressed already.

If you think this is something to kill over, maybe rethink that one.

Much love!

Reactions: RLT63

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No he's the son of God, and even God himself says so..:)
"This is my beloved son in whom I am well pleased, listen to him" (Matthew 17:5)
So then, you do not in fact uphold the forum's Statement of Faith. Right?

Much love!