Everyone Who Argues Against the Deity of Jesus

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
See post #22.
Yes, I read that.

You presume things you don't know. You've reached the wrong conclusion here, you'll have to take my word for it.

It's a reality check, and I get it, not everyone likes that. But just the same, here it is.

I don't expect this to mean that you or anyone else will suddenly change your postings. I know that we should have good internal discipline, and part of that is being able to recognize and acknowledge the "facts on the ground" even if they seem to put one's self in an unfavorable light.

It's something that occurs to me. The board has a statement of faith, and as part of joining the forum, we agree to uphold the rules of the forum. Which includes the "close handed" matters, not in question, which include, actually begin with, the Triune Godhead, Father, Son, Holy Spirit, each God, being One God.

So then anytime you post anti this, you are going against your membership agreement. Regardless of any other considerations, are you able to simply acknowledge that fact?

Why does this matter? We shouldn't get into the habit of looking at reality as anything other than what it is. Seeing the sheer volume of posts that are posted against the board rules/SoF, it occurred to me to post this thread.

Maybe to you it's like a form of civil disobedience, "I can violate the rule, but it's OK", and I understand that position. I may or may not agree in this or that instance, but as a motive, I understand it.

I suspect many don't even read those posts about rules and faith and all, just, register, and get to the boards. I understand that also. Anyway, it was the volume that led me to post this.

But I haven't seen a credible argument against Jesus' deity posted. Not one that holds every passage exactly true, and in harmony with the others. So no, I'm not trying to somehow hide from real debate. I wish we had more real debate here. I see so so many logical fallacies posted, they do detract from good discussion.

Much love!

Reactions: RLT63 and Pearl

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
See post #22.
Partly I'm wondering, is there anyone who posts debating or asserting against Trinity doctrine, or against the deity of Jesus Christ, who will actually acknowledge that they do so contrary to the forum rules and statement of faith? Can anyone simply admit this is true?

Does it help if I point out the forum I posted this in? What is the relationship of my question, and our Christian spirituality?

Much love!

Reactions: Pearl

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The SOF says "We believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God", and yes I believe that..:)
@Dropship It also says:

"We believe that God is the Creator, Sustainer, and Ruler of the universe. We attest that God has eternally existed in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. These three are co-equal and are one God."

So do you believe that?

Reactions: marks

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
<sigh> I understand you better than you seem to understand yourself as I've pointed out the dynamic that repeats is apparently a blind spot of yours. What you do is make assertions and when it cannot hold up to scrutiny, you back off. This whole thread is a testament to this aspect of your personality. To wit:

No big drama to PUBLICLY challenge the honor and integrity of other people?! What would be a big drama? LOL

If we had met and lived before the 19th century, if we were real Christian men who lived back then, such statements would be grounds for you to be challenged to a duel to the death - and you say it's no big drama? Mark, if it was no big drama, you would not have started this thread.

It's OK Mark. I forgive you and love you anyway. :) Here is a profound quote for your consideration of societal deterioration.

mike-tyson-quote-1-min-1200x675.jpg
That is the pot calling the kettle black.

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
@Dropship It also says:
"We believe that God is the Creator, Sustainer, and Ruler of the universe. We attest that God has eternally existed in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. These three are co-equal and are one God."
So do you believe that?

The Trinity doctrine has grey areas and is by no means cut and dried..:)
The holy spirit is certainly in Jesus but that doesn't make him God, and likewise the holy spirit is in all christians but that doesn't make us God either, it simply makes us his children..:)
"What does a believer have in common with an unbeliever?..Come out from among them and be separate, says the Lord, I will be a Father to you, and you shall be my sons and daughters" (2 Corinthians 6:14-18)

Last edited:

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you think the owner, administrators, moderators and staff are using me to sell the forum?
It looks like the only profit here is selling ads. Advertisers probably pay based on the number of users they can reach. If your debates are popular and getting clicks then I guess you could look at it that way.

Reactions: marks

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let me put it this way mate- Do you and your chums in the 'Jesus was God' brigade really think God spent 29 years in a carpenter's shop making tables and chairs?..:)
He was learning what it's like to be a man. Now he can truly relate to us.
Heb 4:15

For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God already made man in his own image, so why would he have to 'learn' what it's like to be human?..:)
How many times have you heard someone say, "You don't understand?" What were Adam and Eve saying when God questioned them? "You don't understand. You've never been one of us." No one can say that to Jesus.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
It looks like the only profit here is selling ads. Advertisers probably pay based on the number of users they can reach. If your debates are popular and getting clicks then I guess you could look at it that way.

The longest time I’ve ever spent on one online discussion forum was almost ten years. The owner of the forum was himself agnostic; he just liked to listen to people talk about theology. He told me that I was one of his favorite members on the forum.

The forum, he explained, hadn’t been doing well prior to my arrival and he had been thinking about closing it. Traffic picked up dramatically after I became a member. I wasn’t the only reason for the increase but I played a significant role.

I jokingly asked him if he was just using me. He said he was getting what he wanted and asked if I wasn’t getting what I wanted.

We’ll see how the ad revenue avenue works out for the owner but, with so many people saying that they have ad blockers, I don’t think it will be sustainable. If that proves to be the case, the owner will have some decisions to make.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let me put it this way mate- Do you and your chums in the 'Jesus was God' brigade really think God spent 29 years in a carpenter's shop making tables and chairs?..:)

So that is definitely a NO, though for some reason you seem allergic to saying that. Instead you choose to be snide. OK then!

Much love!

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The longest time I’ve ever spent on one online discussion forum was almost ten years. The owner of the forum was himself agnostic; he just liked to listen to people talk about theology. He told me that I was one of his favorite members on the forum.

The forum, he explained, hadn’t been doing well prior to my arrival and he had been thinking about closing it. Traffic picked up dramatically after I became a member. I wasn’t the only reason for the increase but I played a significant role.

I jokingly asked him if he was just using me. He said he was getting what he wanted and asked if I wasn’t getting what I wanted.

We’ll see how the ad revenue avenue works out for the owner but, with so many people saying that they have ad blockers, I don’t think it will be sustainable. If that proves to be the case, the owner will have some decisions to make.
I only got on a Christian Forum earlier this year. The forum is filled with evolutionist (even among the Christians), atheists, agnostics and liberals. I was banned for a month after 3 warnings (all for political posts, it seems they have a left wing bias). During the ban I found this forum. Now I like it more than the other one. If I get the new job I will not have as much time to post. I am the chief here, there I will just be a brave.

Reactions: Matthias

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I was on a forum one time where the rule - standard on many forums - was no one was allowed to say anything negative about the Trinity. I didn’t say anything - good, bad, or indifferent - about the Trinity. I only spoke about the Messiah’s God. I was soon permanently banned. (I think I made around 100 posts, give or take a few.) Reason given by the moderator for the ban: violating the forum rule which expressly prohibited speaking anything negative about the Trinity!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How many times have you heard someone say, "You don't understand?" What were Adam and Eve saying when God questioned them? "You don't understand. You've never been one of us." No one can say that to Jesus.
He learned obedience by the things He suffered. He experienced the suffering brought by obeying God, and had to choose to obey even though He knew obedience would bring suffering.

God, in the heavens, does not suffer. No one can bring Him to suffer, and He is Sovereign. He became obedient. He became someone who had human flesh, and so could suffer. And then He experienced a life of obedience and suffering.

Much love!

Reactions: RLT63

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
One of the most unique experiences I’ve had on forums was being permanently banned after making only one post.

The post was in an “Introduce Yourself” section of the forum. I said hello, my name is, and I’m a Jewish monotheist, looking forward to speaking with you.

That’s it. That was the post. That was the message.

Turn out the lights. The party’s over.