EVERYONE WHO BELIEVES

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@marks
I believe you may find concupiscence is the wrong word there.

There is only one actual source, creator.

Isaiah 45:7
KJ21
I form the light, and create darkness; I make peace, and create evil; I, the Lord, do all these things.
Calamity and disaster, yes, moral wrong, no. That's not God. God does not do wrong. Nor does He want others to do wrong.

Much love!

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
@marks
I believe you may find concupiscence is the wrong word there.

There is only one actual source, creator.

Isaiah 45:7
KJ21
I form the light, and create darkness; I make peace, and create evil; I, the Lord, do all these things.
ASV
I form the light, and create darkness; I make peace, and create evil; I am Jehovah, that doeth all these things.
AMP
The One forming light and creating darkness, Causing peace and creating disaster; I am the Lord who does all these things.
AMPC
I form the light and create darkness, I make peace [national well-being] and I create [physical] evil (calamity); I am the Lord, Who does all these things.
BRG
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.
CSB
I form light and create darkness, I make success and create disaster; I am the Lord, who does all these things.
CEB
I form light and create darkness, make prosperity and create doom; I am the Lord, who does all these things.
CJB
I form light, I create darkness; I make well-being, I create woe; I, Adonai, do all these things.
CEV
I create light and darkness, happiness and sorrow. I, the Lord, do all this.
DARBY
forming the light and creating darkness, making peace and creating evil: I, Jehovah, do all these things.
DRA
I form the light, and create darkness, I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord that do all these things.
ERV
I made the light and the darkness. I bring peace, and I cause trouble. I, the Lord, do all these things.
EHV
I am the one who forms light and creates darkness, the one who makes peace and creates disaster. I am the Lord, the one who does all these things.
ESV
I form light and create darkness; I make well-being and create calamity; I am the Lord, who does all these things.
ESVUK
I form light and create darkness, I make well-being and create calamity, I am the Lord, who does all these things.
EXB
I make the light and create the darkness. I bring ·peace [prosperity; wholeness; C Hebrew shalom], and I ·cause [create] ·troubles [disaster; calamity]. I, the Lord, do all these things.
GNV
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.
GW
I make light and create darkness. I make blessings and create disasters. I, the Lord, do all these things.
GNT
I create both light and darkness; I bring both blessing and disaster. I, the Lord, do all these things.
HCSB
I form light and create darkness, I make success and create disaster; I, Yahweh, do all these things.
ICB
I made the light and the darkness. I bring peace, and I cause troubles. I, the Lord, do all these things.
ISV
“I form light and create darkness, I make goodness and create disaster. I am the Lord, who does all these things.
JUB
I form the light and create darkness; I make peace and create evil: I am the LORD that does all this.
KJV
AKJV
LSB
The One forming light and creating darkness, Producing peace and creating calamity; I am Yahweh who does all these.
LEB
I form light and I create darkness; I make peace and I create evil; I am Yahweh; I do all these things.
TLB
I form the light and make the dark. I send good times and bad. I, Jehovah, am he who does these things.
MSG
God’s Message to his anointed, to Cyrus, whom he took by the hand To give the task of taming the nations, of terrifying their kings— He gave him free rein, no restrictions: “I’ll go ahead of you, clearing and paving the road. I’ll break down bronze city gates, smash padlocks, kick down barred entrances. I’ll lead you to buried treasures, secret caches of valuables— Confirmations that it is, in fact, I, God, the God of Israel, who calls you by your name. It’s because of my dear servant Jacob, Israel my chosen, That I’ve singled you out, called you by name, and given you this privileged work. And you don’t even know me! I am God, the only God there is. Besides me there are no real gods. I’m the one who armed you for this work, though you don’t even know me, So that everyone, from east to west, will know that I have no god-rivals. I am God, the only God there is. I form light and create darkness, I make harmonies and create discords. I, God, do all these things.
MEV
I form the light and create darkness; I make peace and create calamity; I, the Lord, do all these things.
NOG
I make light and create darkness. I make blessings and create disasters. I, Yahweh, do all these things.
NABRE
I form the light, and create the darkness, I make weal and create woe; I, the Lord, do all these things.
NASB
The One forming light and creating darkness, Causing well-being and creating disaster; I am the Lord who does all these things.
NASB1995
The One forming light and creating darkness, Causing well-being and creating calamity; I am the Lord who does all these.
NCB
I form the light and create the darkness; prosperity and disaster depend upon my will; I, the Lord, do all these things.
NCV
I made the light and the darkness. I bring peace, and I cause troubles. I, the Lord, do all these things.
NET
I am the one who forms light and creates darkness; the one who brings about peace and creates calamity. I am the Lord, who accomplishes all these things.
NIRV
I cause light to shine. I also create darkness. I bring good times. I also create hard times. I do all these things. I am the Lord.
NIV
I form the light and create darkness, I bring prosperity and create disaster; I, the Lord, do all these things.
NIVUK
I form the light and create darkness, I bring prosperity and create disaster; I, the Lord, do all these things.

the Hebrew adjective translated in some Bible versions as "evil", is "raʻ", which has various meanings: "distress, adversity, giving pain, unhappiness, misery, disaster". It does not always mean EVIL.

The God of the Holy Bible CANNOT be the author of wickedness, evil, sin, wrong-doing, injustice, etc. He is PERFECTLY HOLY in His Character

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the Hebrew adjective translated in some Bible versions as "evil", is "raʻ", which has various meanings: "distress, adversity, giving pain, unhappiness, misery, disaster". It does not always mean EVIL.

The God of the Holy Bible CANNOT be the author of wickedness, evil, sin, wrong-doing, injustice, etc. He is PERFECTLY HOLY in His Character
But it does mean evil, moral evil as well ! And God created it for His Purpose,

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@BlessedPeace

Proverbs 16:4 The LORD has made all things for himself: yes, even the wicked for the day of evil.

Yes these are them whom God made as vessels of wrath, and fitted for destruction Rom 9:20-22

20 Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus?

21 Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make[create] one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?

22 What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:

Reactions: BlessedPeace

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To the contrary, I think. That would make God, God.

Proverbs 16:4 The LORD has made all things for himself: yes, even the wicked for the day of evil.

God creates all things. Even humans who have the capacity to sin.
creating people who turnout evil and creating evil are two different things

giving an free will by defenition allowed that evil may take place

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

creating people who turnout evil and creating evil are two different things

giving an free will by defenition allowed that evil may take place
God's will is sovereign. As he has told us.

We choose to take certain paths in our life. However, God sets those steps. Our will cannot supercede the sovereignty of our Father.

Reactions: brightfame52

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

We choose to take certain paths in our life. However, God sets those steps. Our will cannot supercede the sovereignty of our Father.
God will not force you to do anything against your will

He will direct and guide your path. But he will not make you do anything

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God will not force you to do anything against your will

He will direct and guide your path. But he will not make you do anything
Our Father who art in Heaven hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come, thy will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven.

True. Our Father does not make us do anything. He makes us to serve his will on earth.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Jer 10:23

O Lord, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps.

Reactions: BlessedPeace

strepho

Jan 31, 2023
Meriden
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Its doers of Gods word, not hearers only, james chapter 1.
It's those who do will of God, mark chapter 3.
AKROATES in Greek means = Hearers.
PARALOGIZOMAI in Greek means = deceiving, false reasoning.
God doesn't listen to the prayers of those engaged in traditions of men and false doctrine. They are spirtualty polluted.
We're talking about hearers of the word.

Hearers of the word are not sincere and diligent. Its false love.
Psalm 50:16 to 50:22 . Warning to those who are involved in traditions of men and idolatry. Or those who turned their backs on God.

Hosea chapter 6. Beth Aven is house of emptiness.
Bethel is house of God.
You can't mix heathen traditions and customs with true worship of God.
Polluted water will contaminate fresh water. Get the picture.
Those in beth Aven have false reasoning. They have diluted minds.
The spirtualty polluted are the spirtualty dead.
The righteous go to kingdom of God.
The wicked and spirtualty dead go to sheol.
Psalm chapter 50. God doesn't hear the wicked or spirtualty dead.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Its doers of Gods word, not hearers only, james chapter 1.
It's those who do will of God, mark chapter 3.
AKROATES in Greek means = Hearers.
PARALOGIZOMAI in Greek means = deceiving, false reasoning.
God doesn't listen to the prayers of those engaged in traditions of men and false doctrine. They are spirtualty polluted.
We're talking about hearers of the word.

Hearers of the word are not sincere and diligent. Its false love.
Psalm 50:16 to 50:22 . Warning to those who are involved in traditions of men and idolatry. Or those who turned their backs on God.

Hosea chapter 6. Beth Aven is house of emptiness.
Bethel is house of God.
You can't mix heathen traditions and customs with true worship of God.
Polluted water will contaminate fresh water. Get the picture.
Those in beth Aven have false reasoning. They have diluted minds.
The spirtualty polluted are the spirtualty dead.
The righteous go to kingdom of God.
The wicked and spirtualty dead go to sheol.
Psalm chapter 50. God doesn't hear the wicked or spirtualty dead.
Those who Christ lived and died for, and rose again, they are hearers and doers of Gods word that are Justified Rom 2:13

For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.

Last edited:

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Everyone who believes,

That would be everyone who had been Chosen in Christ before the foundation Eph 1:4, and destined to eternal life Acts 13:48

48 And when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad, and glorified the word of the Lord: and as many as were ordained to eternal life believed.

These are they whom in their head/surety Jesus Christ, they were promised eternal life Titus 1:1-2

Paul, a servant of God, and an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to the faith of God's elect, and the acknowledging of the truth which is after godliness;

2 In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;