Evil times.......weighing things up

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Shattered

Mar 25, 2021
Western United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Heart2Soul , I hope you won’t mind me quoting a line from one of your threads,I didn’t want to derail that thread..but as I read the following line , a question arose .....

We are living in the most difficult, treasonous, immoral and evil times of the history of creation....

the question was ‘ Are we ‘?
And equally, is that based on what your own nation is facing, which ultimately impacts on a personal level, or is it based on world wide ‘ evil ‘ ?
Most know that ‘ in the past ‘ there have been some pretty barbaric times, where morality, evil, depravity was a normal part of how people lived. We are told that in the last days it will be far worse. So how does now compare to that past, or if like me you see that last days as being for the past 2,000 years, how does our present suffering compare to what others have face within those 2,000 years.
In the U.K. we had the dark ages, which was pretty dark and evil definitely had the upper hand, what was done ‘ in the name of God ‘ was awful. Persecution was rife , and definitely not on a scale of what any of us in the west are facing now. Christians in China have faced that same persecution for centuries........

So why do you consider these times ‘ the most difficult ‘ ........ ( a general question to anyone ) and are you basing it on what is impacting you. .........
Just curious ....
Rita

Hello, Barbara. I share your conviction that the last days began when the Lord ascended to heaven. So, what makes the times we live in now different than those days which preceded our own? Scope and scale.

Scope, because of modern technology. We're aware of what's happening at various locations around the globe on a real-time basis. This is something our predecessors didn't possess. Scope, due to the population of this earth exceeding all expectations, certainly greater than it was during the time of the apostles. There are more of us now than there was before. Scope, because the instruments of death we possess are terrifying in comparison to the sword and catapult.

This of course is relative to scale, being the magnitude of events affecting multiple regions of the earth due to modern technology and transportation. Plagues are no longer limited to a village or isolated swath of the countryside, or even a single nation/empire. They reach wherever we travel and congregate which in the present age means virtually everywhere. The same applies to war; the scale of war has been magnified exponentially to a threshold unimaginable to ancient minds.

Aircraft rain death upon the land below... munitions can level vast swathes of real estate, reducing it to rubble and claiming the lives of thousands in one fell swoop. The most terrifying weapon of all --- the nuclear weapon --- is apocalyptic in magnitude. In this way, then, the same evil of man which was rampant over a thousand years ago has now grown beyond anything the ancients dreamed was possible.

Reactions: Taken

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I can't speak for others, only myself as concerning other nations. I prayed and have been obedient to what the Holy Spirit spoke to me to do, which was to keep my eyes on Israel...which I have done.
There were a lot of members attacking one another over the past year....even I got pulled into the heated debates. .the enemy did a number on a lot of members...some left, some were banned, and some quit talking to the ones who had opposing views....
The atmosphere became very toxic....I had difficulty coming here and finding any edifying and encouraging fellowship so I began to just come about 2 or 3 times a week...
I haven't started a thread in months...
I just didn't have the strength or the right spirit in my heart to do it...i had to just stay in prayer.
God has healed my heart and changed my attitude and has been leading me to start threads again on topics related to spiritual warfare and such....so in obedience this is why I started them.
I was also taught that what happens in Israel is relevant, many years ago it was the ‘ in thing ‘ to discuss .......but I always agreed it would important xx
Yes this place can be draining and this has been one of my issues. It pulls me, but often as not has a negative effect. I have noticed a lot more positive threads xxxx
Rita

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
CONSPIRACIES - are a funny thing.
...They typically Begin as "secret ideas".
...The "WHO" promoting is THEORIZED.
...The "WHAT" idea is THEORIZED.
...The "secret ideas", begin to be "revealed" and "presented" BY "the WHO".
...The "secret ideas", begin to be "revealed", "presented", "promoted"....
* AS: FEARFUL

* Once the "FEAR" of "WHAT" (war, famine, radiation fall out, water contamination, air contamination, weather , Disease ARE ACCEPTED", by the Public at large...;
...THE "WHO" immediately, "publically Reveals" ...
* ...THE "WHO's"...SOLUTION...

* It's the "SOLUTION"... that becomes...
YET another...."CONSPIRACY THEORY".
* A "SOLUTION"...is ALWAYS presented "AS"
"AN ONLY OPTION for a GOOD Result."
* A person, "REJECTING" the promoted "GOOD SOLUTION, FOR A GOOD RESULT"...
Become a TARGET, for ridicule, outcast, silencing, elimination.

The FACT IS:
All "SOLUTIONS" ARE the "PRIMARY GOAL".
"THE Primary Goal", IS "TOTAL CONTROL" OVER a person.
FEAR, is simply an EFFECTIVE "tool", to GET peoples "ATTENTION".

The FACT IS:
God Himself, promoted "FEAR". (The What)
God Himself, (The Who) promoted "His Option" (His Solution)
God Himself, promoted "Total Control" (of a mans soul and spirit).
God Himself, promoted "ridicule, outcast, silencing, elimination." (Of Rejectors).

The FACT IS:
Earthly kings, Rulers, Governments, Gangs, Thugs, Satan, Satan's footsoldiers, Converted Christians.... MIMIC and "Promote" the Exact Same thing as God Himself.

THE FACT IS:
RECOGNIZING the DIFFERENCE:
1) Earthly men - "for THEIR BENEFIT";
Seek "TOTAL" Control of other Earthly men:
By: FEAR, Submission, FORCE.
(And KNOWLEDGE of HISTORY, of kings, rulers, positioned governmental authorities, Satan, thug "kingpins", etc. REVEAL "the who and what", accomplishes "their GOAL" "FOR THEIR BENEFIT"... OF CONTROL".
2) Whereas -
Some Earthly men - "for Gods BENEFIT";
Reject "TOTAL" Control of "their being"....
(Ideas, thoughts, beliefs, acts, behavior, etc.)
"TO OTHER MEN"....
And "ELECT" instead to "SUBMIT" to Gods TOTAL CONTROL of their (body, mind, soul, spirit).

CONSPIRACY "THEORIES" - ARE ONLY "THEORIES", (ABOUT "WHO" AND "WHAT"), UNTIL THEY BECOME "REVEALED" ...
WHO IS THE WHO...
AND THE WHAT IS THE WHAT.

* The WHO is already Revealed:
...nothing new; (history repeated)
OLD fashioned called:
kings and barron's...:
MODERN fashioned called:
Govt leaders and positioned wealthy...:
* The WHAT is already Revealed:
...nothing new; (history repeated)
Fear of Death, Lab creations causing Diseases "unleashed", Oppressed food production, distribution, Division, Separation, Silencing, work halted, forced tracking/monitoring, promoting and forcing foreign substances INTO the body, encampments, propaganda,
The Weak, (Children & foreigners, targeted as prime targets to accept propaganda and FALSE "saving"..."of and by"... positioned men.)

Simply calling ANYTHING a "Conspiracy Theory" is "supposed" to be accepted "AS NONSENSE"... and Ignored and the Person mentioning such a thing..."ridiculed", as an "nut-job, whack-o".

It's a Condunrum;
"FROG IN POT" scenario.
"Oh, oh, "they wouldn't do "THAT"... oh, oh,
TOO LATE, TOO BAD..."they did do "THAT".
Thank you Taken, I have had to read your post a few times as my tiredness last night didn’t get what you was saying !!
Despite not agreeing with you, and a few others , on the currant situation I have always believed that ‘ things are going on behind the scenes ‘ Obviously with God, and people who hold power on this earth ect.
I do see the present situation being used, so compared to my son ( for example ) I see conspiracy theories to a greater extent than he does at the moment. I don’t see as many as some on the forum. It doesn't mean I am right others are wrong, or visa verse. It simply means that my convictions about things going on right now are different, we can all be deceived and as things unwind certain conspiracies will be proved wrong, and some right. ‘ Frog in the pot scenario ‘ may well apply to both sides as all of us may be surprised by what else unfolds !
Rita

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The COVID Conspiracy and its ramifications are showing us where we are in terms of the rise of the Antichrist. No one would have imagined on December 31, 2019 that the world would suddenly become completely totalitarian without a whimper the next day. But that is exactly what happened.

A handful of conspirators managed to subjugate the world to lockdowns, masking, distancing, etc. without any resistance by anyone, and without a thorough investigation into who was behind this conspiracy and why. They managed to destroy lives, livelihoods, businesses, and economies just like that. But it has all come out over the last 12 months. A very small minority of doctors and scientists have exposed the fraud for what it is.

Now that we know how easily the majority of people can be fooled by the so-called "experts" (all expert liars), it will be a piece of cake for the Antichrist to bedazzle and fool the whole world. People have already become slaves VOLUNTARILY.

The world is worshipping at the altar of a non-existent coronavirus! And the vaccine will gradually transition into the Mark of the Beast.
I agree that none of us in 2019 would have anticipated what was about to unfold, however you and I both have differing views on what is real and unreal. It’s not the first time there has been a pandemic around the world. How anyone can look at what is unfolding in India and say ‘ it’s not real ‘ is beyond me..... however just as I am entitled to my own opinion you are equally entitled to yours. Of course I believe the mark of the beast will come, I am just unconvinced it will be a vaccine. If you are right you have my permission to tell me ‘ told you so ‘ .......but I wonder if you would allow me to do the same if you are wrong !
Rita

Last edited:
Reactions: Heart2Soul

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Everything within the modern world is being used. The entertainment business has been corrupt right from the start, but like everything new we just saw the wonder in it, I actually think it’s changing and many, not always Christians, are seeing it for what it is. Same with media and the internet.
God opens people’s eyes to different things, I see the present situation being used in a different way to others, sometimes many here presume that when people disagree it means they are not as discerning as others , which is wrong. They presume that others are not praying, seeking wisdom ect.
It’s when people think they know more and place themselves on a higher plain that pride can start to grow, ultimately God is the only one who truly knows all the details and how they are unfolding, we have such a small glimpse at times, but often as not think we see and know so much......

Rita

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was also taught that what happens in Israel is relevant, many years ago it was the ‘ in thing ‘ to discuss .......but I always agreed it would important xx
Yes this place can be draining and this has been one of my issues. It pulls me, but often as not has a negative effect. I have noticed a lot more positive threads xxxx
Rita
I have been trying to start a some....and encouraging others to start some edifying threads

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
More Jews have come to Christ in the past 20 years than in the past 2,000. As prophesied, the "lost" ten tribes are beginning to realize who they are.
We live in amazing times, once we get past our fear of death.
I keep remembering seeing Him on His horse, angels flittering all around. His multi-colored glory radiating out from around Him. He is so close...He is right in front of us! He is so beautiful...talk about taking one's breath away!
Revival is right in front of us...all we have to do is reach out and lay hold of it.
How I wish we could all get together and adore Him as one congregation! :)

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes I was 63 last week. Just for the record I believe the last days started at the cross, so I view revelation through that time frame. I believe things will get increasingly harder but I am no expert on the book of revelation. Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I have a few things to mull over xx
Rita

In a way you are correct Barb, the prophecy Jesus gave was twofold time periods, it had it's first fulfillment in 70 CE with the destruction of Jerusalem, however the horses of Rev 6 symbolized that same prophecy for the future, and it was penned around 96 CE, and the prophecy was actually about Jesus receiving the crown. One of the signs of that was the casting of satan to earth from heaven along with the demons, with the technology advancements over the last century, I believe that is evidence that has happened and Jesus is the now reigning King in heaven. Soon he will return to remove the wicked, prior to the expiration of the generation that witnessed him receiving the crown.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you Taken, I have had to read your post a few times as my tiredness last night didn’t get what you was saying !!
Despite not agreeing with you, and a few others , on the currant situation I have always believed that ‘ things are going on behind the scenes ‘ Obviously with God, and people who hold power on this earth ect.
Rita

Personally, I like history, reasearch, Facts.
That means, heavy reliance on Written Accounts.
Scripture- is my favorite- The accounts of the * Facts: "the Salt"...who, what, when, why, where...
consequences...(Positive & negative), are revealed...
* Facts & "Opinions"...(grain of salt), IS IMO, "what" is the Result of writings of men "outside" of Scripture.

No doubt- men in position- a platform "control"- (business, media, publishers, philosophers, education institutions, entertainment, governments ) are going to "possess the greater opportunity" FOR:
Promoting, Advocating, Stuffing, Forcing "Their Opinions in the Ears and Mouths of their Listeners."

This "Fear of Death Promoted Pandemic"
is fading...
However...the "goal" results are revealing...
An endless "list" of NEGATIVE results...that have "nothing to do with "a disease"...
Crops didn't die off, Sun didn't stop shining, Rain didn't stop falling, Forrests didn't die...
* But Jobs stopped, Food shortages, Small Businesses failed, Debt increased exponentially, Drugs and Liquior Sales Skyrocketed, Theft and High Crimes increased exponentially, Riots and property Destruction increased exponentially, Criminals (domestic and Foreign) were unleashed into the public domain exponentially, (while Government Officials hide in bunkers, build Walls around their residences and Work Places, have Private Transportation, and 24-7 Armed Guards)... while Advocating... NO WALLS, NO Privacy, NO Arms for the Public Citizens and turning a Blind Eye...to Riots, Foreign Invasion, Ridiculous Mounting Debt, and "prime instigator and Supporter:
of Silencing: God and Justice....aleady observed.

With any "theory", it is always, the "Negative"
the Goal, the Observation, the bit by bit, results...
And When the "results" are "Privacy and Liberty" Infringement (which historically, IS the case)... it gets peoples attention.

Problem IS; when no one is "paying attention" to "their intentions";
* Introducing Bill Legislation is one thing;
* Passing Bill Lesislation is another thing;
* Passing "Unconstitutional LAWS", happens "frequently".
* Repealing "Unconstitutional Laws"...IS nearly impossible. (The very Representatives who PASSED the "Unconstitutional Law", are the VERY SAME, who are authorized to "Repeal the law.")
* The Representative Corrupt, implement Corruptness, and "police" themselves, to Never Correct, what IS Corrupt.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Those watching silently with holy hope and expectation are promised vision.
Many prattling heads put forward as many theories, their eyes guided by vain imaginings....their net of influence tripping many up.

Discerning the signs of the times is for the benefit of all who long for his appearing.

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
In a way you are correct Barb, the prophecy Jesus gave was twofold time periods, it had it's first fulfillment in 70 CE with the destruction of Jerusalem, however the horses of Rev 6 symbolized that same prophecy for the future, and it was penned around 96 CE, and the prophecy was actually about Jesus receiving the crown. One of the signs of that was the casting of satan to earth from heaven along with the demons, with the technology advancements over the last century, I believe that is evidence that has happened and Jesus is the now reigning King in heaven. Soon he will return to remove the wicked, prior to the expiration of the generation that witnessed him receiving the crown.
Hi Robert
I should have explained better, although I realise that Matthew prophecy applied to 70CE I see the book of revelation applying to the last 2000 years and into our future. So when many say we are in the last days and they relay that in terms of ‘ just beginning in the last few centuries ect ‘ and look at the book of revelation in terms of our own recent history, I believe it covers a longer period of history. I believe that the glimpse of heaven that John had was an actual real time encounter into the Spiritual realm in his time frame. Then he is given images of what will come as the last days unfold..........i didn’t know but there was a time when merchants couldn’t buy or sell things without a mark ( which I found quite interesting ) but I keep an open mind on events unfolding..

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Personally, I like history, reasearch, Facts.
That means, heavy reliance on Written Accounts.
Scripture- is my favorite- The accounts of the * Facts: "the Salt"...who, what, when, why, where...
consequences...(Positive & negative), are revealed...
* Facts & "Opinions"...(grain of salt), IS IMO, "what" is the Result of writings of men "outside" of Scripture.

No doubt- men in position- a platform "control"- (business, media, publishers, philosophers, education institutions, entertainment, governments ) are going to "possess the greater opportunity" FOR:
Promoting, Advocating, Stuffing, Forcing "Their Opinions in the Ears and Mouths of their Listeners."

This "Fear of Death Promoted Pandemic"
is fading...
However...the "goal" results are revealing...
An endless "list" of NEGATIVE results...that have "nothing to do with "a disease"...
Crops didn't die off, Sun didn't stop shining, Rain didn't stop falling, Forrests didn't die...
* But Jobs stopped, Food shortages, Small Businesses failed, Debt increased exponentially, Drugs and Liquior Sales Skyrocketed, Theft and High Crimes increased exponentially, Riots and property Destruction increased exponentially, Criminals (domestic and Foreign) were unleashed into the public domain exponentially, (while Government Officials hide in bunkers, build Walls around their residences and Work Places, have Private Transportation, and 24-7 Armed Guards)... while Advocating... NO WALLS, NO Privacy, NO Arms for the Public Citizens and turning a Blind Eye...to Riots, Foreign Invasion, Ridiculous Mounting Debt, and "prime instigator and Supporter:
of Silencing: God and Justice....aleady observed.

With any "theory", it is always, the "Negative"
the Goal, the Observation, the bit by bit, results...
And When the "results" are "Privacy and Liberty" Infringement (which historically, IS the case)... it gets peoples attention.

Problem IS; when no one is "paying attention" to "their intentions";
* Introducing Bill Legislation is one thing;
* Passing Bill Lesislation is another thing;
* Passing "Unconstitutional LAWS", happens "frequently".
* Repealing "Unconstitutional Laws"...IS nearly impossible. (The very Representatives who PASSED the "Unconstitutional Law", are the VERY SAME, who are authorized to "Repeal the law.")
* The Representative Corrupt, implement Corruptness, and "police" themselves, to Never Correct, what IS Corrupt.
Hi Taken,
I use to hate history at school, didn’t see the point of looking back all the time, thankfully I grew up and understood it’s relevance and importance !
Yes, I love looking back at scripture and ‘ investigating ‘ ......
I agree about the laws that are passed during times of crisis and distraction, I think I have said before on a thread somewhere, that while you are watching the front door things are being passed through the back door. It happens here in parliament. I wasn’t always aware of that, a very clever comedy show years ago( yes, prime minister ) revealed with satire what goes on behind the scenes. I think the modern day version is ‘ In the Thick of it ‘ ......it was an eye opener when you realised they were not making it up !

Rita

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Those watching silently with holy hope and expectation are promised vision.
Many prattling heads put forward as many theories, their eyes guided by vain imaginings....their net of influence tripping many up.

Discerning the signs of the times is for the benefit of all who long for his appearing.
I perhaps think it’s about balance, all the theories being relayed ect do play a part in weighing things up on a personal level. It’s the same with different interpretations of scripture, it makes you investigate, reflect and pray about what you believe is being said. Questioning things , well I find that quite healthy at times. Rita

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Taken,
I use to hate history at school, didn’t see the point of looking back all the time, thankfully I grew up and understood it’s relevance and importance !
Yes, I love looking back at scripture and ‘ investigating ‘ ......
I agree about the laws that are passed during times of crisis and distraction, I think I have said before on a thread somewhere, that while you are watching the front door things are being passed through the back door. It happens here in parliament. I wasn’t always aware of that, a very clever comedy show years ago( yes, prime minister ) revealed with satire what goes on behind the scenes. I think the modern day version is ‘ In the Thick of it ‘ ......it was an eye opener when you realised they were not making it up !

Rita

A couple of movies, (off hand) relating to (behind the scenes)...
WAG THE DOG
SHOOTER
GODS NOT DEAD
CONSPIRACY THEORY
MINORITY REPORT

If you have ever had an opportunity to comfortably socialize with: Govt officials, ("their" Drug dealers, "their" Whores, "their" Paid Street thugs), College Professors, Public School Teachers, Big Business Executives (OR their Secretaries!!), Doctors, etc. THAT is where you get the Factual news.

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
A couple of movies, (off hand) relating to (behind the scenes)...
WAG THE DOG
SHOOTER
GODS NOT DEAD
CONSPIRACY THEORY
MINORITY REPORT

If you have ever had an opportunity to comfortably socialize with: Govt officials, ("their" Drug dealers, "their" Whores, "their" Paid Street thugs), College Professors, Public School Teachers, Big Business Executives (OR their Secretaries!!), Doctors, etc. THAT is where you get the Factual news.
Sadly I don’t move in those kind of circles Taken....in fact I am not so sure I socialise to any great degree outside of my family and very small circle of friends. I hear about things through my son who listens to a lot more than I do !
I have heard of two of those films, Gods not dead and Minority report, but not watched them. I will see if the are available on Netflix or Amazon prime x
Rita

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sadly I don’t move in those kind of circles Taken....in fact I am not so sure I socialise to any great degree outside of my family and very small circle of friends. I hear about things through my son who listens to a lot more than I do !
I have heard of two of those films, Gods not dead and Minority report, but not watched them. I will see if the are available on Netflix or Amazon prime x
Rita

I have mixed with ALL kinds of people. Typically (probably starts in schools), the division...
Popular kids, not so popular; the Sports kids, the Mechanical "gear head" kids, the good grade kids, the kids who are carted around to dance classes, Kids who walk everywhere, music classes, the kids who have money, the kids whose mom is Mrs. Cleaver or a drunk druggie, etc....
(AKA, "clicks"... that ARE an "IMPLIED" (and "taught") divider, AS IF, they are not "like" you, they must be a freak.
* We, (including our kids), talk with, eat with, with all kinds of people; race, personal lifestyles, personal beliefs, wealthy, (fine homes), poor, (even homeless), high fashion, grubby dressed, educated, uneducated...
* Just a choice, that sort of relates to the old saying, to not judge a book by it's cover.

God Bless,
Taken

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Robert
I should have explained better, although I realise that Matthew prophecy applied to 70CE I see the book of revelation applying to the last 2000 years and into our future. So when many say we are in the last days and they relay that in terms of ‘ just beginning in the last few centuries ect ‘ and look at the book of revelation in terms of our own recent history, I believe it covers a longer period of history. I believe that the glimpse of heaven that John had was an actual real time encounter into the Spiritual realm in his time frame. Then he is given images of what will come as the last days unfold..........i didn’t know but there was a time when merchants couldn’t buy or sell things without a mark ( which I found quite interesting ) but I keep an open mind on events unfolding..

Yes maam, I agree, but the last days that I am speaking about is the one listed in Mat 24, which we believe is this time period right now. Jesus pointed out that the generation that seen his presence (his receiving the crown and taking the throne in heaven) would not expire before the entire prophecy had came about, we believe the great tribulation is very near, with the return of Jesus shortly thereafter.