Evil times.......weighing things up

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
@Heart2Soul , I hope you won’t mind me quoting a line from one of your threads,I didn’t want to derail that thread..but as I read the following line , a question arose .....

We are living in the most difficult, treasonous, immoral and evil times of the history of creation....

the question was ‘ Are we ‘?
And equally, is that based on what your own nation is facing, which ultimately impacts on a personal level, or is it based on world wide ‘ evil ‘ ?
Most know that ‘ in the past ‘ there have been some pretty barbaric times, where morality, evil, depravity was a normal part of how people lived. We are told that in the last days it will be far worse. So how does now compare to that past, or if like me you see that last days as being for the past 2,000 years, how does our present suffering compare to what others have face within those 2,000 years.
In the U.K. we had the dark ages, which was pretty dark and evil definitely had the upper hand, what was done ‘ in the name of God ‘ was awful. Persecution was rife , and definitely not on a scale of what any of us in the west are facing now. Christians in China have faced that same persecution for centuries........

So why do you consider these times ‘ the most difficult ‘ ........ ( a general question to anyone ) and are you basing it on what is impacting you. .........
Just curious ....
Rita

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Heart2Soul , I hope you won’t mind me quoting a line from one of your threads,I didn’t want to derail that thread..but as I read the following line , a question arose .....

We are living in the most difficult, treasonous, immoral and evil times of the history of creation....

And equally, is that based on what your own nation is facing, which ultimately impacts on a personal level, or is it based on world wide ‘ evil ‘ ?
Most know that ‘ in the past ‘ there have been some pretty barbaric times, where morality, evil, depravity was a normal part of how people lived. We are told that in the last days it will be far worse. So how does now compare to that past, or if like me you see that last days as being for the past 2,000 years, how does our present suffering compare to what others have face within those 2,000 years.
In the U.K. we had the dark ages, which was pretty dark and evil definitely had the upper hand, what was done ‘ in the name of God ‘ was awful. Persecution was rife , and definitely not on a scale of what any of us in the west are facing now. Christians in China have faced that same persecution for centuries........

So why do you consider these times ‘ the most difficult ‘ ........ ( a general question to anyone ) and are you basing it on what is impacting you. .........
Just curious ....
Rita
a look at aljazeera news shows conflict and disasters accelerating around the globe .
The expression 'last days' can be understood as the present day one lives at anytime because they are the latest. It can also be understood as meaning the time shortly before Jesus returns.

We are yet to see greater troubles increase globally....the internal breakdown of nations, the increase of refugees and displaced persons, the exploitation of workers, gender and racial conflicts and increased corruption on every level, religion included, disasters natural and man made, disease and famines becoming common, greed on an unprecedented scale and pollution of land and sea and air, mental health deteriorating with suicides of young and old in any corner one cares to look .... Jesus says 'the love of most will grow cold with mens hearts failing them for fear'

The speed of these things coming upon humanity increasing rapidly with no signs of abating.

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then there's the other thing... something that most people don't consider.

There becomes a pattern. Especially when there is a consistent feed of bad news... calamity upon calamity. Where these calamities cause even more bad news. Where some people (unthinking and uncaring) go forward with even more atrocious behavior in light of the calamities.

What happens is a state of perceived pessimistic viewpoints. Where even good news is met with extreme scepticism. Where everyone is viewed upon with intent to perform evil purposes... even if it is for purposes of the community's benefit.

Even the most charitable and kind amongst us is viewed as having ulterior motives.

When the truth is that this much evil is a lot of work...too much work. No one is that industrious to destroy. People do the lazy, self centered thing... not a "destroy the whole world" thing.
That's more genuine human nature.

The part about people doing genuinely good things out of the kindness of their hearts is forgotten...it doesn't exist. And when faced with that... because no other truth can exist, it is guarded with a ferocity that is reminiscent of a mother bear with cubs...an almost nuclear reaction. Forgetting that these are people too... fully capable of withstanding fair scrutiny and able to defend themselves against unfair, false accusations.

And a lot of false accusations get tossed about this way.

People want to be good. Everyone is good and right in their own mind. But our hearts are deceptive..so what we perceive as good, truly is not. That's why we use scriptures. They have the plumb line of righteousness.

Reactions: Rita and Heart2Soul

Amazed@grace

Apr 1, 2021
futurum, ubi non sunt atheus troglodytae
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If American's remain consumers of the American network news alone, we will continue to be programmed into believing the propaganda the author's of destruction want to lead us to believe.

However, if we venture to international news providers we learn things are different around the globe than first led to believe.

The majority of the worlds people are enslaved to a narrative, unique to each region, yet the same in the sense of the enslaved construct.

Look at what divides us all the most.
That illusion that surrounds, money.

Money is an illusion. It is nothing made something. You can't eat it and survive. You can't wear it to stay warm. You can't live beneath it and shelter yourself from the elements.

Yet, it is made to be all important to our survival, and that illusion then causes divide in the community that manifests at a "class" level.

One of the reasons the German philosopher Karl Marx called religion the opium of the masses.
The generational narrative the majority of the worlds people are fed imparts dispair.
While something outside this world we are led to believe cares for us, holds empathy and compassion for us, is offered as a beacon of hope that will extricate us from the condition we're groomed on a generational level to accept as reality. If only we believe. If only we behave. If only we obey.

A slavery of a different kind.

One that tells the believers inany faith tradition to endure the primary narrative, itself a matter of belief, resignation, and obedience, because in the end we'll be better off and rewarded for our concessions, in life and faith, once we're dead.

And if we don't concede to obey, either narrative, the social or religious, we'll suffer. Therein the fear paradigm that is woven into both narratives persuades compliance.

It's an ingenious formula that has worked itself out to this point since the dawn of civilization. Which at this stage we should have come to realize is its own contradiction when imparting the idea there is anything civil about it.

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
We are living in the most difficult, treasonous, immoral and evil times of the history of creation.... the question was ‘ Are we ‘?
Without the shadow of a doubt we are. How do we know?

THE SHREDDING OF CONSTITUTIONS AND THE RULE OF LAW
1. At one time there was a "free world" (nations having guaranteed constitutional freedoms) and there was an "unfree world" (nations ruled buy Communist and other evil dictators and tyrants). Today the whole "free world" has sabotaged all the constitutional freedoms and also rejected the rule of law under the pretense of protecting the health of people. This is true in every Western nation. Pastors have been jailed and persecuted for simply keeping their churches open in the so-called "free world" because they refused to bow to the idol of coronavirus. A pastor is the UK was just arrested for preaching the truth that marriage is exclusively between men and women. Black senator Tim Scott is being called an "Uncle Tom" for speaking the truth about Communism in America, while the Communists are applauded and protected. And the list goes on.

THE VIOLATION OF NATIONAL BORDERS
2. At one time national borders were sacrosanct, and people could only enter foreign countries if they had the LEGAL right to do so. For the last decade, illegal migrant invasion has actually been encouraged in the millions by the very governments who were sworn to protect their citizens and their borders. As a result France is on the brink of civil war, and America is on the brink of total anarchy.

A PUBLIC HEALTH CONSPIRACY TO DEPOPULATE THE WORLD
3. The COVID Scamdemic has been accepted by absolutely every country, and now vaccine passports will be demanded to enter foreign countries (while migrant invaders will be free to come and go as they please). Absolutely everything about coronavirus was fake and yet this fakery was conducted by the same governments which were sworn to protect their citizens. They have lied day after day about "cases", "deaths", "vaccines", and everything else. These bogus injections are killing off younger participants daily.

THE REJECTION OF ELECTION INTEGRITY
4. Then we have the installation of an IMPOSTER in the White House. The American president has always been regarded as the leader of the free world, but Joseph Biden -- who is fraudulently in the WH -- is deliberately undermining America and freedom daily. The fact that he wears a mask outdoors is a picture of how Americans have been muzzled and total nonsense has been promoted as "science".

PREPARING FOR THE REIGN OF THE ANTICHRIST
We could add many other factors into this equation of the dominance of evil across the globe. And this is a precursor of what is to happen when the Antichrist takes total control of the world for 3 1/2 years. Demons are already in control of various political parties, politicians, and destructive rioters and protesters. Later on Satan will be in total control since the Church and the Holy Spirit will be "taken out of the way".

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Just curious ....
Rita
Well, sister, I am just getting logged in and reading your OP...looks like others here have pretty much answered everything.
Consider this, in biblical times, the church...the priest...carried a lot of weight with the governing body....how else would Pilate have crucified Jesus without having broken any civil laws...Jesus was accused of breaking religious laws.

Today, churches have no power in the judicial system...separation of church and state took away their voice in government in many ways.

Reactions: Amazed@grace

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Adding that scripture prophesies that in the last days evil will wax worse and worse...good will be called evil and evil good, knowledge will increase, men will become lovers of themselves, the church will lie in bed with the harlot teaching false doctrine...teaching the word of God...but denying the power of it....Christian's will be persecuted and martyred increasingly....

Reactions: Taken

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What else..oh
..the Love of God will wane and believers will become lukewarm...I know I could go on and on...

Amazed@grace

Apr 1, 2021
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, sister, I am just getting logged in and reading your OP...looks like others here have pretty much answered everything.
Consider this, in biblical times, the church...the priest...carried a lot of weight with the governing body....how else would Pilate have crucified Jesus without having broken any civil laws...Jesus was accused of breaking religious laws.

Today, churches have no power in the judicial system...separation of church and state took away their voice in government in many ways.
Thank God.
In 15th and 16th centuries in Europe where church and state were aligned, people were tortured, executed, by both entities in league to kill them.

At one time, unless one was of the highborn class, being found to be in possession of a copy of the bible could lead to death.
They were expected to trust the priest class telling them what God wanted them to know.
"Slaves be obedient unto your masters..."

Faith hasn't been entirely removed from government in America. There is a Congressional office of the chaplain.
"In God we trust", still appears on the chamber wall of the house and senate and supreme court.

Years ago school official led prayer, the principal, etc... , was barred. But this does not, never has, meant that prayer no longer exists in government tax payer
funded public schools.

America is a constitutional democratic republic. If we fall it is the fault of we the indifferent people.

"At what point then is the approach of danger to be expected? I answer, if it ever reach us, it must spring up amongst us. It cannot come from abroad. If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen, we must live through all time, or die by suicide." Abraham Lincoln, January 1838 speech to those gathered in Springfield, Illinois.

Reactions: Pathfinder7

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you for the responses .......I will mull over what has been conveyed.
Xx

tsr

Feb 2, 2021
04/20/47
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Psalm 34:16

The face of the Lord is against evildoers,
To cut off the memory of them from the earth.

Proverbs 6:16-19
There are six things which the Lord hates,
Yes, seven which are an abomination to Him:
Haughty eyes, a lying tongue,
And hands that shed innocent blood,
A heart that devises wicked plans,
Feet that run rapidly to evil,
read more.
A false witness who utters lies,
And one who spreads strife among brothers.

Isaiah 31:2

Yet He also is wise and will bring disaster
And does not retract His words,
But will arise against the house of evildoers
And against the help of the workers of iniquity.

Micah 2:1

Woe to those who scheme iniquity,
Who work out evil on their beds!
When morning comes, they do it,
For it is in the power of their hands.

Leviticus 20:23
Verse Concepts
Moreover, you shall not follow the customs of the nation which I will drive out before you, for they did all these things, and therefore I have abhorred them.

Our Latest Videos
00:00 of 02:10Volume 0%

2 Corinthians 6:14
Verse Concepts
Do not be bound together with unbelievers; for what partnership have righteousness and lawlessness, or what fellowship has light with darkness?

Ezekiel 20:18
Verse Concepts
“I said to their children in the wilderness, ‘Do not walk in the statutes of your fathers or keep their ordinances or defile yourselves with their idols.

Luke 12:1
Verse Concepts
Under these circumstances, after so many thousands of people had gathered together that they were stepping on one another, He began saying to His disciples first of all, “Beware of the leaven of the Pharisees, which is hypocrisy.

Acts 13:40
Verse Concepts
Therefore take heed, so that the thing spoken of in the Prophets may not come upon you:

1 Corinthians 10:21
Verse Concepts
You cannot drink the cup of the Lord and the cup of demons; you cannot partake of the table of the Lord and the table of demons.

2 Peter 3:17
Verse Concepts
You therefore, beloved, knowing this beforehand, be on your guard so that you are not carried away by the error of unprincipled men and fall from your own steadfastness,

Romans 7:7
Verse Concepts
What shall we say then? Is the Law sin? May it never be! On the contrary, I would not have come to know sin except through the Law; for I would not have known about coveting if the Law had not said, “You shall not covet.”

Romans 3:20
Verse Concepts
because by the works of the Law no flesh will be justified in His sight; for through the Law comes the knowledge of sin.

Romans 5:20
Verse Concepts
The Law came in so that the transgression would increase; but where sin increased, grace abounded all the more,

Romans 7:13
Verse Concepts
Therefore did that which is good become a cause of death for me? May it never be! Rather it was sin, in order that it might be shown to be sin by effecting my death through that which is good, so that through the commandment sin would become utterly sinful.

Galatians 3:19
Verse Concepts
Why the Law then? It was added because of transgressions, having been ordained through angels by the agency of a mediator, until the seed would come to whom the promise had been made.

Galatians 3:24
Verse Concepts
Therefore the Law has become our tutor to lead us to Christ, so that we may be justified by faith.

1 Timothy 1:9-11
realizing the fact that law is not made for a righteous person, but for those who are lawless and rebellious, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers and immoral men and homosexuals and kidnappers and liars and perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound teaching, according to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, with which I have been entrusted.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In 15th and 16th centuries in Europe where church and state were aligned, people were tortured, executed, by both entities in league to kill them.
I tend to use the American culture in my statements....because it is what I live in....you may be living in another culture which may not apply to you...so your examples will reflect your culture differently....but I know some of our ancestors came here to escape religious persecution...
I suppose there is good and bad for separating the church from state...lately it is become worse.

Amazed@grace

Apr 1, 2021
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I tend to use the American culture in my statements....because it is what I live in....you may be living in another culture which may not apply to you...so your examples will reflect your culture differently....but I know some of our ancestors came here to escape religious persecution...
I suppose there is good and bad for separating the church from state...lately it is become worse.
Precisely. :) America was founded on Christian principles, but was instituted under a secular government precisely to insure religious persecution would not be a factor here.
Hence, our 1st amendment. And the seperation clause in our constitution.

Unfortunately , there are still those who wish we were a theocracy.
I call those types, ones who don't pay attention to that type governance example set by Iran. :oops: Or, Saudi Arabia.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Adding that scripture prophesies that in the last days evil will wax worse and worse...good will be called evil and evil good, knowledge will increase, men will become lovers of themselves, the church will lie in bed with the harlot teaching false doctrine...teaching the word of God...but denying the power of it....Christian's will be persecuted and martyred increasingly....

I would say that IS increasing exponentially, and observing is on the edge of shocking, IMO.

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Ok, yesterday I did type a response but just couldn’t get it to post. To add context to why I asked the question........a few years back there was a member who posted about all the conspiracies, she was told that she was over reacting by many people. She saw things changing, and was fearful of what the illuminate/ powers behind the powers - she saw satanic signs everywhere. I remember Willie ( miss him) continuously quoting ‘ the sky is falling ect ‘ in response to her. Very few people mentioned the last days .........or agreed with her concerns.........go forward to now and because of covid ect so many people here are now talking about the conspiracies that she mentioned, which they relayed were over reactions....
The evil was there around the world but it’s as if we had little concern because we were ok in the western world.....all the talk about standing up for justice and freedom now , where was all that prior to the events of the last 12months. Is it because now it’s suddenly on our own doorsteps .....we see it, but failed to care for other nations that were already experiencing far more evil than we have ever encountered.
Rita

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok, yesterday I did type a response but just couldn’t get it to post. To add context to why I asked the question........a few years back there was a member who posted about all the conspiracies, she was told that she was over reacting by many people. She saw things changing, and was fearful of what the illuminate/ powers behind the powers - she saw satanic signs everywhere. I remember Willie ( miss him) continuously quoting ‘ the sky is falling ect ‘ in response to her. Very few people mentioned the last days .........or agreed with her concerns.........go forward to now and because of covid ect so many people here are now talking about the conspiracies that she mentioned, which they relayed were over reactions....
The evil was there around the world but it’s as if we had little concern because we were ok in the western world.....all the talk about standing up for justice and freedom now , where was all that prior to the events of the last 12months. Is it because now it’s suddenly on our own doorsteps .....we see it, but failed to care for other nations that were already experiencing far more evil than we have ever encountered.
Rita
I can't speak for others, only myself as concerning other nations. I prayed and have been obedient to what the Holy Spirit spoke to me to do, which was to keep my eyes on Israel...which I have done.
There were a lot of members attacking one another over the past year....even I got pulled into the heated debates. .the enemy did a number on a lot of members...some left, some were banned, and some quit talking to the ones who had opposing views....
The atmosphere became very toxic....I had difficulty coming here and finding any edifying and encouraging fellowship so I began to just come about 2 or 3 times a week...
I haven't started a thread in months...
I just didn't have the strength or the right spirit in my heart to do it...i had to just stay in prayer.
God has healed my heart and changed my attitude and has been leading me to start threads again on topics related to spiritual warfare and such....so in obedience this is why I started them.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
go forward to now and because of covid ect so many people here are now talking about the conspiracies that she mentioned, which they relayed were over reactions....
The COVID Conspiracy and its ramifications are showing us where we are in terms of the rise of the Antichrist. No one would have imagined on December 31, 2019 that the world would suddenly become completely totalitarian without a whimper the next day. But that is exactly what happened.

A handful of conspirators managed to subjugate the world to lockdowns, masking, distancing, etc. without any resistance by anyone, and without a thorough investigation into who was behind this conspiracy and why. They managed to destroy lives, livelihoods, businesses, and economies just like that. But it has all come out over the last 12 months. A very small minority of doctors and scientists have exposed the fraud for what it is.

Now that we know how easily the majority of people can be fooled by the so-called "experts" (all expert liars), it will be a piece of cake for the Antichrist to bedazzle and fool the whole world. People have already become slaves VOLUNTARILY.

The world is worshipping at the altar of a non-existent coronavirus! And the vaccine will gradually transition into the Mark of the Beast.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok, yesterday I did type a response but just couldn’t get it to post. To add context to why I asked the question........a few years back there was a member who posted about all the conspiracies, she was told that she was over reacting by many people.
Rita

CONSPIRACIES - are a funny thing.
...They typically Begin as "secret ideas".
...The "WHO" promoting is THEORIZED.
...The "WHAT" idea is THEORIZED.
...The "secret ideas", begin to be "revealed" and "presented" BY "the WHO".
...The "secret ideas", begin to be "revealed", "presented", "promoted"....
* AS: FEARFUL

* Once the "FEAR" of "WHAT" (war, famine, radiation fall out, water contamination, air contamination, weather , Disease ARE ACCEPTED", by the Public at large...;
...THE "WHO" immediately, "publically Reveals" ...
* ...THE "WHO's"...SOLUTION...

* It's the "SOLUTION"... that becomes...
YET another...."CONSPIRACY THEORY".
* A "SOLUTION"...is ALWAYS presented "AS"
"AN ONLY OPTION for a GOOD Result."
* A person, "REJECTING" the promoted "GOOD SOLUTION, FOR A GOOD RESULT"...
Become a TARGET, for ridicule, outcast, silencing, elimination.

The FACT IS:
All "SOLUTIONS" ARE the "PRIMARY GOAL".
"THE Primary Goal", IS "TOTAL CONTROL" OVER a person.
FEAR, is simply an EFFECTIVE "tool", to GET peoples "ATTENTION".

The FACT IS:
God Himself, promoted "FEAR". (The What)
God Himself, (The Who) promoted "His Option" (His Solution)
God Himself, promoted "Total Control" (of a mans soul and spirit).
God Himself, promoted "ridicule, outcast, silencing, elimination." (Of Rejectors).

The FACT IS:
Earthly kings, Rulers, Governments, Gangs, Thugs, Satan, Satan's footsoldiers, Converted Christians.... MIMIC and "Promote" the Exact Same thing as God Himself.

THE FACT IS:
RECOGNIZING the DIFFERENCE:
1) Earthly men - "for THEIR BENEFIT";
Seek "TOTAL" Control of other Earthly men:
By: FEAR, Submission, FORCE.
(And KNOWLEDGE of HISTORY, of kings, rulers, positioned governmental authorities, Satan, thug "kingpins", etc. REVEAL "the who and what", accomplishes "their GOAL" "FOR THEIR BENEFIT"... OF CONTROL".
2) Whereas -
Some Earthly men - "for Gods BENEFIT";
Reject "TOTAL" Control of "their being"....
(Ideas, thoughts, beliefs, acts, behavior, etc.)
"TO OTHER MEN"....
And "ELECT" instead to "SUBMIT" to Gods TOTAL CONTROL of their (body, mind, soul, spirit).

CONSPIRACY "THEORIES" - ARE ONLY "THEORIES", (ABOUT "WHO" AND "WHAT"), UNTIL THEY BECOME "REVEALED" ...
WHO IS THE WHO...
AND THE WHAT IS THE WHAT.

* The WHO is already Revealed:
...nothing new; (history repeated)
OLD fashioned called:
kings and barron's...:
MODERN fashioned called:
Govt leaders and positioned wealthy...:
* The WHAT is already Revealed:
...nothing new; (history repeated)
Fear of Death, Lab creations causing Diseases "unleashed", Oppressed food production, distribution, Division, Separation, Silencing, work halted, forced tracking/monitoring, promoting and forcing foreign substances INTO the body, encampments, propaganda,
The Weak, (Children & foreigners, targeted as prime targets to accept propaganda and FALSE "saving"..."of and by"... positioned men.)

Simply calling ANYTHING a "Conspiracy Theory" is "supposed" to be accepted "AS NONSENSE"... and Ignored and the Person mentioning such a thing..."ridiculed", as an "nut-job, whack-o".

It's a Condunrum;
"FROG IN POT" scenario.
"Oh, oh, "they wouldn't do "THAT"... oh, oh,
TOO LATE, TOO BAD..."they did do "THAT".

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Just curious ....
Rita

Hi Rita
Obviously we see the scene of this world changing, I don't know if you are Barbara or not but the age given is 63, I am 67 and have seen a lot of change. No doubt many changes are for the better, yet with the technology we benefit from, opens up the real possibility of extinction. So the Bible is not wrong in it's pronouncement of the times we live in. Never in history have we been in more danger.

We have been in what the Bible describes as the last days for a century now, and by our understanding of prophecy things should deteriorate on an escalating scale now. Jesus stated that the generation that observed his receiving the crown would not expire before all the prophecy of Mat 24 was fulfilled. That time period is nearly over. Any appearance of stability in the present time will likely be short lived, if my understanding is correct anyway, and it is very possible that I am wrong maam. But I think it best to be prepared for it, as Jesus told his disciples to keep awake, and we are much nearer the Kingdom coming than when he said that.