EVIL

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I already told you I don’t believe in abortion. So I am not justifying any murder. God ultimately decides who dies. I cannot stop every person’s death. Do you read the New Testament and see that as what God desires from us? When I read the New Testament, I see God desiring us to be concerned in preaching the gospel (the good news) and in preaching the Word, and in helping the poor and in loving the brethren and loving our enemies. By doing good unto our enemies, we will heap coals of fire on their head. Granted, God is not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance. God desire everyone to be saved. People can be hardened killers and be changed by God’s grace. Just look at Paul. Paul had Christians killed, but God changed him.
Thankyou for your sermon

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@marksman

There will also be a Judgment, as well. Nobody will get away with anything. The wicked will be judged and they will be cast into the Lake of Fire. God also can work good even amongst bad situations. Joseph was persecuted by his brothers and sold into slavery and he went to prison. Joseph could have complained about how it was unjust or unfair. But did he do that? No. He continued to worship God. So I am not sure why you think evil is reigning in this world (Outside of God's greater plan for good). God has a plan for good that we cannot see. God can turn bad situations into good ones. That's what the story of Joseph was about. In the end, Joseph forgave his brothers and their evil was turned around for good in that they had a right relationship with Joseph in the end (despite them doing evil). Peter wanted to stop Jesus from going to the cross. But what looked like the death of their Master was something far greater than they could imagine. Jesus died for the sins of the world so as to save us. The disciples were thinking in a carnal limited perspective and they were not looking at the bigger picture. Like you: Your perspective is limited and you are not focused on the instructions God has given us in the New Testament. Show me in NT Scripture that we must weep and cry over abortions done and I will do it. Yes, it is sad that such things do happen, but we cannot control what everyone does. We are also not called to take vengeance or justice into our own hands. Read your New Testament more! Your instructions is to preach the gospel, help the poor, love the brethren, and love even your enemies. Right now, you appear to not understand the concept of loving your enemies (of which Jesus taught us).
I can't help noticing when there is a pharisee throwing his weight around.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@marksman

There will also be a Judgment, as well. Nobody will get away with anything. The wicked will be judged and they will be cast into the Lake of Fire. God also can work good even amongst bad situations. Joseph was persecuted by his brothers and sold into slavery and he went to prison. Joseph could have complained about how it was unjust or unfair. But did he do that? No. He continued to worship God. So I am not sure why you think evil is reigning in this world (Outside of God's greater plan for good). God has a plan for good that we cannot see. God can turn bad situations into good ones. That's what the story of Joseph was about. In the end, Joseph forgave his brothers and their evil was turned around for good in that they had a right relationship with Joseph in the end (despite them doing evil). Peter wanted to stop Jesus from going to the cross. But what looked like the death of their Master was something far greater than they could imagine. Jesus died for the sins of the world so as to save us. The disciples were thinking in a carnal limited perspective and they were not looking at the bigger picture. Like you: Your perspective is limited and you are not focused on the instructions God has given us in the New Testament. Show me in NT Scripture that we must weep and cry over abortions done and I will do it. Yes, it is sad that such things do happen, but we cannot control what everyone does. We are also not called to take vengeance or justice into our own hands. Read your New Testament more! Your instructions is to preach the gospel, help the poor, love the brethren, and love even your enemies. Right now, you appear to not understand the concept of loving your enemies (of which Jesus taught us).
yes, I have noticed your posts are oozing with love.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@marksman

Yes, I must read the New Testament more as I have only been reading it for 70 years. and I have a degree in New Testament theology but I guess one cannot claim that is sufficient. Perhaps I should get into habit of reading it during the night instead of wasting time weeping over murdered babies.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@marksman

Silly of me to think that the murder of millions of babies is evil.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You made a false assumption. Nowhere did I even suggest such a repulsive thing.
I always believed abortion is evil and wrong.

But you don’t appear to understand God is the taker of life and babies do go to God’s Kingdom if they die.
So why are you upset?

God is in control.
You act like God is not in control of things.
Don't worry little boy. If they tear you limb from limb you will still go heaven and all that pain and suffering is worth it.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I already told you I don’t believe in abortion. So I am not justifying any murder. God ultimately decides who dies. I cannot stop every person’s death. Do you read the New Testament and see that as what God desires from us? When I read the New Testament, I see God desiring us to be concerned in preaching the gospel (the good news) and in preaching the Word, and in helping the poor and in loving the brethren and loving our enemies. By doing good unto our enemies, we will heap coals of fire on their head. Granted, God is not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance. God desire everyone to be saved. People can be hardened killers and be changed by God’s grace. Just look at Paul. Paul had Christians killed, but God changed him.
I am looking forward the day when God changes you from a self-righteous prig into a true believer.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I have noticed that you are the only one that spends all day criticizing me. Perhaps you should devote more time to getting that humungous log out of your eye bible Low lighter. I must admit that is quite fun seeing you strain at a gnat and swallowing a camel.

Last edited:

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, I must read the New Testament more as I have only been reading it for 70 years.
Sure. Christians can read the Bible for many years, but if they do not continue in His Word by putting it on the inside of their heart, and believing it, then the devil will snatch those words out of their heart those verses that they don't believe. This is a problem within Christianity today.

and I have a degree in New Testament theology but I guess one cannot claim that is sufficient. Perhaps I should get into habit of reading it during the night instead of wasting time weeping over murdered babies.
Again, does not matter if you have a degree by men. The Scriptures are taught by the Spirit and not men. People who were pastors and had degrees see things in Scripture later in life that they were blind to in the beginning. God's Word is a deep thing and it must be taught by the Spirit and by comparing Scripture with Scripture.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am looking forward the day when God changes you from a self-righteous prig into a true believer.
The Bible teaches that we believers are to be righteous in conduct. Any good a believer does is by the working of God doing the good work through them. I am nothing in and of myself alone, and Christ is everything. I was saved by God's grace back in 1992. I received a love, joy, and peace I had never known before. So yes. I consider myself to be a true believer. So your accusations are merely false and untrue from my perspective and experience in my walk with the LORD. I post verses in Scripture to back up what I believe. I don't really see you doing that with your beliefs here in this thread that I believe are anti-biblical.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The Bible teaches that we believers are to be righteous in conduct. Any good a believer does is by the working of God doing the good work through them. I am nothing in and of myself alone, and Christ is everything. I was saved by God's grace back in 1992. I received a love, joy, and peace I had never known before. So yes. I consider myself to be a true believer. So your accusations are merely false and untrue from my perspective and experience in my walk with the LORD. I post verses in Scripture to back up what I believe. I don't really see you doing that with your beliefs here in this thread that I believe are anti-biblical.
Who care what you believe. You are not God.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have noticed that you are the only one that spends all day criticizing me. Perhaps you should devote more time to getting that humungous log out of your eye bible Low lighter. I must admit that is quite fun seeing you strain at a gnat and swallowing a camel.
First, read 2 Timothy 3:16 several times in prayer. Believers can correct others.
Second, you are acting like you are God and claiming I am judging hypocritically. However, you have not proven I have acted hypocritically. If you make such a claim, you need to back that up with solid evidence. From my perspective, I believe you are just quoting this from Scripture blindly without real evidence so as to uplift yourself. But I am open to correction if indeed such a thing applies to my life (And God reveals such a truth to me). Yes, I have been corrected in my understanding on things before and I have made mistakes in the past before. But we as believers must strive to grow and mature in the faith.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who care what you believe. You are not God.
I post Scripture for what I believe. God's Word (the Bible) is the authority of what we should believe. If you reject the words from Scripture, you are not rejecting me but you are rejecting God. If you have a different interpretation then you need to back that up with the context of Scripture.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Sure. Christians can read the Bible for many years, but if they do not continue in His Word by putting it on the inside of their heart, and believing it, then the devil will snatch those words out of their heart those verses that they don't believe. This is a problem within Christianity today.

Again, does not matter if you have a degree by men. The Scriptures are taught by the Spirit and not men. People who were pastors and had degrees see things in Scripture later in life that they were blind to in the beginning. God's Word is a deep thing and it must be taught by the Spirit and by comparing Scripture with Scripture.
Wow! still straining at a gnat I see.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can't help noticing when there is a pharisee throwing his weight around.
This sounds like another blind accusation. Please prove your case of how this is so. Otherwise it just sounds like mindless name calling (But using Scripture to do it).

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I post Scripture for what I believe. God's Word (the Bible) is the authority of what we should believe. If you reject the words from Scripture, you are not rejecting me but you are rejecting God. If you have a different interpretation then you need to back that up with the context of Scripture.
You obviously have not discovered the verses about grace yet.