Evolution and Clothes

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
bbyrd009 said:
sorry, there is no "written Word." The Book is God~Breathed. Word is Breath, and written is not Word. God is Word. Christ is Word. The Gospel is Word, and the Truth is Word, but the Bible is not the Word, which also cannot be like added to like that, "_______ Word," or "Word _______," you can't do that, either, wadr

"Patriotic Christian" is bad enough
(2 Chron. 34:21) " Go, enquire of the LORD for me, and for them that are left in Israel and in Judah, concerning the words of the book that is found: for great is the wrath of the LORD that is poured out upon us, because our fathers have not kept the word of the LORD, to do after all that is written in this book."

Stranger

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Stranger said:
(2 Chron. 34:21) " Go, enquire of the LORD for me, and for them that are left in Israel and in Judah, concerning the words of the book that is found: for great is the wrath of the LORD that is poured out upon us, because our fathers have not kept the word of the LORD, to do after all that is written in this book."

Stranger
yes, and there are a couple other verses that do this, they get really, really, close to saying that the Book is the Word, but notice that it is "words of the Book," and "word of the Lord" ok, and all of the others do this, too. Meaning that you can read It that way if you like, and after all i will never argue that when you are following Word, you will never violate anything in the Book, ok, so if you are not "doing after all that is written in this Book," then yes, you are also not keeping the Word of the Lord, but that does not make Word=Book, or else Book must = God, because Word = God.

Now, i'm not saying that you can't believe that if you like, ok, and i realize this is a big hill for someone raised on the overwhelming prevailing opinion of...well, those who Paul warned would (strong man) the Church as soon as he left. So it is up to you, as a seeker, to ask God to lead you here, in the way that you should go. All i can tell you is that you will not seek the Word/Dabhar/Breath as long as you are "knowing" that the Bible = Word, = God, and whether you like that or not, you cannot make it not be true with Scripture. The Word is God.

That verse points to an event where the Book was "hidden under the altar," which has a personal symbology, and also, we are talking about a people who lived in the dispensation of Law--not saying that Grace was unavailable, but that they were required by God to keep Torah. Which we are to fulfill the Law, too, and you should not imagine that i am ever going to be saying "so you don't need the Book any more," because that is not the intent here ok. The Book is God~Breathed, and i don't care how much you scribe It up, because God put checks and balances in there, and anyone reading in the original, with a shovel iow, is not even going to see "Easter," or recognize "Mansions in the Sky," when they grasp the concept of "Nests," or think "weeds" when they see "tares."

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(Jeremiah 30:1-5) " The word that came to Jeremiah from the LORD, saying, Thus speaketh the LORD God of Israel, saying, Write thee all the words that I have spoken unto thee in a book....And these are the words that the LORD spake concerning Israel and concerning Judah. For thus saith the LORD...."

Stranger

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Stranger said:
(Jeremiah 30:1-5) " The word that came to Jeremiah from the LORD, saying, Thus speaketh the LORD God of Israel, saying, Write thee all the words that I have spoken unto thee in a book....And these are the words that the LORD spake concerning Israel and concerning Judah. For thus saith the LORD...."

Stranger
wherein you see the ezack same thing goin on, right--the Word came to Jer from the Lord, and he wrote the words into a Book. Word is God, words are not God.

Look, if thinking that the Book is the Word gets people to reading the Book--which let's admit most people do not do, anyway, not even Christians--then i say great! The Book is God~Breathed, and yes, it has been scribed, It is not Word, iow, but It will tell you that when you are ready for that, if you are ever ready, that is--if you seek It.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(Deut. 9:10) " And the LORD delivered unto me two tables of stone written with the finger of God; and on them was written according to all the words, which the LORD spake with you in the mount out of the midst of the fire in the day of the assembly. "

Stranger

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Stranger said:
(Deut. 9:10) " And the LORD delivered unto me two tables of stone written with the finger of God; and on them was written according to all the words, which the LORD spake with you in the mount out of the midst of the fire in the day of the assembly. "

Stranger
yes, "words," that make up Law, which you already know was "not adequate." So see how easily Word, which is God, becomes words, which we are told are not adequate for salvation? Word comes straight from God, to you, and is adequate for salvation. Gospel is Word, which is why no universal definition for Gospel exists, either, and we have a quarter million hits for "What is the Gospel?"

You might get to Deut 30, like 8-14 or so, in there is the closest association that i could find, when i was arguing your side, like yesterday. Aside from the obvious, direct one that i've been quoting, which really does say it all. And i would think that there are worse things to make into God than the Bible, but i guess it doesn't work that way.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(Exodus 24:3-4) " ....All the words which the LORD hath said will we do. And Moses wrote all the words of the LORD, and rose up early in the morning,..."

(Exodus 24:7) "And he took the book of the covenant, and read in the audience of the people: and they said, All that the LORD hath said will we do and be obedient."

Stranger

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Stranger said:
(Exodus 24:3-4) " ....All the words which the LORD hath said will we do. And Moses wrote all the words of the LORD, and rose up early in the morning,..."

(Exodus 24:7) "And he took the book of the covenant, and read in the audience of the people: and they said, All that the LORD hath said will we do and be obedient."

Stranger
so BAM do all the words written in the Book, i never suggested not to. What i said was that the Word is God, and the Bible is not the Word, and you are commanded to find the Word, which is not in the Bible.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
bbyrd009 said:
so BAM do all the words written in the Book, i never suggested not to. What i said was that the Word is God, and the Bible is not the Word, and you are commanded to find the Word, which is not in the Bible.
Exodus 24 says the Bible is the Word of God. You don't have to believe it. Just recognize that it is so.

Stranger

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Stranger said:
Exodus 24 says the Bible is the Word of God. You don't have to believe it. Just recognize that it is so.

Stranger
Hey, you can make the Bible into God if you like, i understand. Exodus 24 will then of course not make sense to you, starting from that premise, and you are going to end up at "DEAD," ok, Paul accepts Christ and is now suicidal, Jesus is coming back to save you, or re-save you, whatever, etc. That is your choice. You have free will. And Christianity has even become PC now; you have the biggest army.

So, keep proclaiming you know, as your life continues to melt around you, and you make words into Word, to hide from the Spirit.
I do not know, and i am quite comfortable with my opinion.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
bbyrd009 said:
Hey, you can make the Bible into God if you like, i understand. Exodus 24 will then of course not make sense to you, starting from that premise, and you are going to end up at "DEAD," ok, Paul accepts Christ and is now suicidal, Jesus is coming back to save you, or re-save you, whatever, etc. That is your choice. You have free will. And Christianity has even become PC now; you have the biggest army.

So, keep proclaiming you know, as your life continues to melt around you, and you make words into Word, to hide from the Spirit.
I do not know, and i am quite comfortable with my opinion.
Yes, it's apparent you don't know. Why are you comfortable in parading your ignorance?

I do know. I'm comfortable with that.

Stanger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
bbyrd009 said:
He who says he knows does not yet know as he ought to know.

but don't worry Stranger, that is not for you.
Who's it for?

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
bbyrd009 said:
Whoever needs it, when they come and search for it. You, when you are finished with knowing, maybe.
But you said it wasn't for me.

How can one be finished with knowing. If you know.....you know.

Stranger

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Stranger said:
But you said it wasn't for me.

How can one be finished with knowing. If you know.....you know.

Stranger
you watched the moose video? the moose knew it was in no danger, too. Dint you see it sniffing the steel bolt from the compound bow? Knowing is a barrier to learning. You don't know squat. And i don't either. Do you need the refs for that?

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
bbyrd009 said:
you watched the moose video? the moose knew it was in no danger, too. Dint you see it sniffing the steel bolt from the compound bow? Knowing is a barrier to learning. You don't know squat. And i don't either. Do you need the refs for that?
No, I missed that one. I got better things to do then watch dumb moose.

The Christian knows. I know you don't know. That is what I have been trying to tell you.

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
bbyrd009 said:
ah well just remember i said i thought you were fine, when the time comes. HNY.
What you said makes no difference to me. ABC. DEF. GHI. Deep stuff.

Stranger