Evolution and Clothes

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Oic now, you are trying to continue the Buddha joke thingy that you are trying to get rolling, that has that huge flat spot in the wheel lol.

So i guess you are a Catholic, too, are you? Is that why Scriptural quotes like "knowledge = fear" ties you up in knots so easy?

You think you hate me, Stranger, but i tell you that you really hate God, ok, just like any adolescent who has been denied something by their parents. It is part of the process, and i forgive you, alright, which i know of course that you are above forgiveness or whatever right now, but maybe you will appreciate it later. Understand why you hate me, and why i take it as a compliment, now. And believe me when i tell you that God loves you just like you are, and of course God does not care what you believe in the slightest, and this can be illuminated with the Book in many, many places, it is the central understanding of "change your mind," and when you see that you are not in the Promised Land, worshipping Nehushtan, as you have been led to do all your life, and you recognize that you are out here in the Wilderness with the rest of us, Muslims, and Sufis, and Catholics, and there's even like 4 Pentecostals out here, i think, all those people that you currently hate, along with me, led by a pillar of fire and a cloud, that's where you want to be.

Leave the blind to lead the blind, your tent is out here waiting.

shnarkle

Nov 10, 2013
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Stranger said:
Evolution teaches that there is a change when there is a need.
I think that's more in line with adaptation. Evolution shows that mutations are random and that some mutations happen to be beneficial while others aren't. There doesn't seem to be any guiding principle based on need.

But there is nothing more better to endure the climate it is under than the animals fur or feathers.
Unless the climate becomes exceedingly hot.

And nothing is more dependent on clothes to protect from heat and cold then the skin of man.
Some men; not all.

Which begs the question why? Why would animals evolve from a better and greater skin to that which man has? And why does man always have to be covered?

The answer is of course that the theory of evolution doesn't make sense.

Stranger
There are yogis who can sit stark naked completely exposed to the elements, and maintain whatever body temperature they need. They can stay underwater for insanely long periods of time. They can regulate their heart, blood pressure, and many other autonomous functions of the body.

I agree that Evolution doesn't make sense when looking at birds today verse birds from the beginning; they both still build bird nests and lay eggs, but we used to live in caves and mud huts, now we live and work in skyscrapers. We used to drop seeds into the ground with a stick, now we have plows and harvesters etc.

Over the years of looking at Evolution I've noticed that it actually is quite similar to what I find in the bible. Paul states that our salvation is not by will or effort, and the survival of the fittest seems to fit with this. Evolution talks about new species, the bible talks about the "new creation". Could the new creation be the next step in Evolution? I jest, but there's a strange similarity to these two perspectives that causes me to wonder if it isn't just a new analogy/metaphor/mythology to explain the world around us.

Reactions: bbyrd009