Evolution As Seen By God?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

whirlwind

Nov 8, 2007
Romans 1:19-22 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them. For the invisible things of Him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

These "fools," are clearly shown that there is a God....whether or not they are taught doctrine, whether or not they sit in a pew each Sunday, whether or not they ever pick up His Bible. He shows them in nature and He is "clearly seen," so...there is NO excuse. But, the fools, thinking themselves so wise, so scholarly, so above silly ignorant beliefs such as love of God "became vain in their imaginations," coming up with the idea of....​

19:23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

Evolution. Instead of being created in His image, these fools change this truth into us evolving from floating pond scum, to amphibious creatures, to apes, to humans.

Silly men. Men without excuse.​

Genesis 1:27 So God created man in His own image, in the image of God created He him; male and female created He them.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is there a question in there?

Peace

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
More like a proclamation from God's Word, which is correct, as many today who believe in the idea of evolution haved turned away from God, and instead worship the things of His creation more than The Creator.

Templar81

Apr 14, 2010
UK
Well this is why I think there is a lot of scope for there beinga first age in which all theese strange creatures like dinosaurs an monkey-like men lived. At some poitn God could have decided to start the world again 6,000 years ago when he made all creatures nwe along with Adam and Eve.

I like this yeory because there is irrefutable evidence from fossils that the world is much oplder than 6,000 years and this theory really does seem very acceptable and agreeable to me since I am a Christian who lives in the modern world where we have concrete scientific evidence that the world is odler than 8,000 years. Also, there is the fact that if man evolved then all sanctity of man ebing made in the image of God is stripped away. IIf man evolved there was no Adam, no Eve and no Paradise. If these things didn't exist then there could be no fall of man and if there could be no fall of man then how could there ever be any need to reconcile God and man. It is at this point that I leave the science and pick up the Bible.

One other thing and I'm just playing devil's advocate here but how do we actually know that Genesis is mean#'t to be taken litterally. if Moses wrote (and we can't even be sure of that) then he obviously had for his inspiration many of the tales which the ancient Israelites had been telling at firesides for hundreds or thousands of years. Where in the rest of scripture does it acutally say that Moses wrote the Pentetuch in full with God tellign him explicitly what to say?