Evolution vs. God ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Show me an example of animals adapting. I wanna see the before and after.
Hi Job.... I didn't think I had written it THAT badly. As I said, what I was taught at school as evolution, is what i call the ability to adapt, just like His Blessing in Genesis. I got one of those 'knots' in my stomach viewing your reply/question, I usually only get that when a religious person poses as a Christian, but I have been a bit unwell of late, so perhaps this time, it is a physical thing and not of the spirit. At least I hope so, I mean just think a little while, if animals didn't have the ability to adapt, how did any at all survive The flood or the ice Ages we've had?

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I got one of those 'knots' in my stomach viewing your reply/question, I usually only get that when a religious person poses as a Christian,

That gave me a chuckle.

So because I disagree with you, I'm not a christian.

I'll have to remember that.

m

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I mean just think a little while, if animals didn't have the ability to adapt, how did any at all survive The flood or the ice Ages we've had?

Animals adapted in the flood by moving to drier ground, namely the Ark. And the Ice Age caused the extinction of many different species. Animals that were not able to adapt.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Well you see when I was you I had good eyesite, now I ware glasses. I certainly never adapted I seemed to have devolved.

Reactions: Helen and Job

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
That gave me a chuckle.

m
Oh my goodness, where ARE you coming from, that's not whatsoever what I meant. I think we need to leave it there my friend, I guess my way of having learned English, which at times gets in the way of how I mean something, and senses of humor is different also.......All the very best to you, and I do mean that......Pia

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
That gave me a chuckle.

m
I forgot to add, as well as when I get the wrong end of a thing, and I need Him to show me the right way. It's in the middle of my stomach, and it just feels tighter than normal at times. Besides I don't even know you! What a silly thing to think, that I am calling you a non Christian ! It was just a sentence of words, which didn't seem to sit quite right, no biggie. So not you personally whatsoever, I just couldn't figure out if you were pulling my leg or not. Are you quite a young person ? Oh well at least you got a chuckle out of it, marvelous.........Pia

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you quite a young person ?

You're 3 years older than me.

We should never use a person's age to determine someone's understanding of the scriptures.

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What a silly thing to think, that I am calling you a non Christian ! It was just a sentence of words,

"A sentence of words" is how we convey our thought's in these forums.

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's in the middle of my stomach, and it just feels tighter than normal at times.

That's probably an anxiety/panic attack. I've had those.

And just for the record. I harbor no ill will.

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I "think" this is the sort of thing pia is talking about.

Have you ever heard of the Coywolf?
We have them here now in Alberta Canada. The have bigger heads and longer legs than a coyote ...
Because the wolf species was getting to low..the wolf mated with the coyote.
They have spread across Canada and down the East Coast..as far as New York. Google it, they have good videos.
The trouble is they have inherited the confidence of the coyote...one video showed the coywolf calmly walking through a back yard in New York.
They don't have the fear that regular wolves have...
There are so many of them now...they have finally be identified as a "breed" of their own!! So we now have three species..The Wolf, the Coyote, and the CoyWolf.
My friends were walking their dogs..and saw one. It was a bit of a shock because they are bigger than coyotes!

I am sure that we don't know the half of how animals are adapting to survive.
Hey, you challenge pia,but you haven't said what you yourself believe :)

Thank you and sorry if I didn't make it too clear. I still falter at the English language at times, but I do my best lol, at least I can still write and speak in my native tongue , which surprises my relatives over there, me too actually...Catch you soon.....Love always Pia

Reactions: Helen

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You're 3 years older than me.

We should never use a person's age to determine someone's understanding of the scriptures.
Not the scriptures at all, when I thought you were putting me on, that's all dear.......

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
"A sentence of words" is how we convey our thought's in these forums.
Yes but I would certainly never claim, nor would I be able to, that I KNOW you, who you are, your life, your thoughts and all the rest. Same thing with us and Jesus, as you do seem aware of, we either know ABOUT Him, through what's written and what other people have taught us, or we get to KNOW Him. As He said:" Ask, seek and knock.", Turns out He wasn't kidding. He is so much more real than I could have ever imagined, if I had ever tried to imagine it, which I had not at the time, I was blessed to be rescued by Him and then to see Him and speak with Him, even after what I had just done, in purposely exiting the world.. Anyhow, that's a whole other story.....Have a nice day

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would certainly never claim, nor would I be able to, that I KNOW you, who you are, your life, your thoughts and all the rest.

There are people here who do make that claim. So when I saw your post, I just lumped you in with them.

Sorry if you were offended.

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
There are people here who do make that claim. So when I saw your post, I just lumped you in with them.

Sorry if you were offended.
Not offended, just a little puzzled, as I said, I did think you were just funning me, as they say, which made me think about your age, I apologize. I would love to get to know more about people, they are very interesting creatures, pardon me, WE are. But it can be difficult when only written words are exchanged. Again, same as Jesus. We can know some things through the written, but to know Him in the power of His resurrection, that turned out to be something else entirely. Just astonishing. Such Love I never could have imagined. :)

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
If a white woman marries a black man and the woman gives birth to black child, is that evolution?
might be a good point, but i think it will fail because whites and blacks are the same species, whereas coyotes, wolves, and dogs are all genetically distinct. but this also might be a matter of degrees, as even a brother and sister from the same parents are also "genetically distinct" to an extent--but i believe this is why we have the distinctions "family, genus, species" etc

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Where did these super-genes come from? Did they just suddenly appear?
the prob there imo is that "super genes" was the term coined to explain how a few people were apparently immune from the poor cholesterol metabolization that is chronic in developed society, despite engaging in the same habits; but the phrase was popular enough that it has now been borrowed for lots of other concepts.

So my guess is that they were latent, to answer your question, but i'm not sure this discredits evolution; and might even be used to explain it.