Evolution vs. God ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so you say, but it might have everything to do with it

You obviously have strong leanings toward evolution. I won't try to dissuade you.

If you want more "evidence" to bolster your belief's, do a search on the "Beefalo" and "Liger"

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
You obviously have strong leanings toward evolution.
i just don't really get the argument against God using evolution as a perfectly viable vehicle for growth and change. Not sure if "micro" and "macro" evolution would make much difference there, but maybe.

i think the most resistance comes from believing/not believing that humans also evolve, i guess? Making humans evolve from apes? This is the major sticking point i guess, right?

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i just don't really get the argument against God using evolution as a perfectly viable vehicle for growth and change.

That's because you're not sure that God is who He says He is.

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
hardly natural process at work there, what is the point in your opinion?

You held the "Coywolf" up as proof of evolution. That wasn't a natural process either but you seem to accept it as such.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
That's because you're not sure that God is who He says He is.
because i allow that God might use evolution, for all i know? Seems like a circular justification to me. I mean we are talking about theories here anyway, no one knows anything iow

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Doesn't evolution just mean 'change'?
I do not believe in the 'apes into people' joke, but I may believe in change and adapting. Why is that different from evolving?
I think Darwin just made up the next step. I am still amazed at the amount of intelligent people ( a professor friend of ours) can believe that a blob of jelly slithered out of a pond and in time "became" an animal....yet he cannot believe in God! That is a too far reach for him...( head shaking)
Did Penguins once fly? They have tiny wings..if not, what were they for..they don't seem to do them much good.
Or did God just make them that way?
I have no idea.

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
actually looks like he hated what was made of evolution i guess

for a short sharp concise explanation of evolution via google see [Evolution vs God] by Ray Comfort

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
for a short sharp concise explanation of evolution via google see [Evolution vs God] by Ray Comfort
the prob there for me is i do not see an "evo VERSUS God" scenario even going on, except in peoples' minds, so i'm afraid my eye would be too jaundiced to even allow Mr Comfort to explain himself after that. Might be great though, for all i know.

much of the problem could be a too literal grasp of "dust of the earth" even, who knows?

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
I wonder if genetic mutation is a result of the fall. Then the world would actually be in a state of devolution in the long term as our genes approach minimum viability.

In the short term natural selection is a valid concept. But to turn natural selection into a long term process through which all life comes to existance seems a premature conclusion.