Example Vs Pattern

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
An example and a pattern are two different things. For instance; I have a friend who does wood working and if he has an idea in mind for what he wants he is working from an example he has in mind. That is a way or one way to do it, but if he uses a pattern it is far better. Crude analogy of following after Jesus as your example or having a pattern to live by. In a pattern, it is like you lay the pattern over the material to make what it is you are after. Now, sincere believer's that follow after and try to be like Jesus are living out an example. Believer's who see Christ as a pattern are being swallowed up by the pattern. Everything you ever thought you were becomes him, swallowed up. What does the scripture say "I must decrease, that he may increase.' swallowed up by a new life in Christ. But how will that life be lived? By your creation, you understand the only way for Christ to come out of you is by your creation.

This is how Paul explained it "I no longer live, but Christ liveth in me." You need to underline "Christ liveth in me." That is the two that became one at the new birth. Christ is singular and me is singular, but the two singles have been enter meshed. It's like if you put a sock in water! the water goes into the sock and the sock goes into the water. One takes over the other, Christ has no expression without you, and you have no life with out him. Can you since some mind renewal needs to take place to understand Christianity. We are told "it's so simple a child could understand," I beg to differ in the over all plan of God you will need a life time of revelation to have understanding. I believe there are things we will never know until we step out of these bodies as we know them.

It's like this; Christ has no mind without you giving him a mind for expression. How do I do that? I listen first of all, listening means all your preconceived ideas are put on a shelf. Then you learn the Christ that is in you, you find out how he lives (by your creation) and give a mind to that. You stop the nonsense, you can always go back but for a time you have to give the Holy spirit free rein over your mind. He will teach you Christ, you look no further than in you, for therein lies the answer and the revelation of that is found in the written word. That is what the Holy Spirit will reveal to you and you can give your mind to knowing Christ in you the hope of glory.