Except a man be born of WATER and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I have dealt with my share of "educated idiots' who were told at graduation by a Professor that they actually knew something! Why is it, when you cannot win the argument, that you give us your educational resumé? No one who would teach someone Baptismal Regeneration (or the evasive dodge that does not admit Baptismal Regeneration, yet says that someone is not saved if they are not baptized)... is any spiritual "giant," but a Giant Heretic!

I am not anti-education nor anti-theology in the least! But it is a fallacy to believe that just because you went to a University, that you know the Bible and Christ better than someone who did not. Name-dropping (implying that "spiritual giants" taught you something, is the fallacy of an appeal to authority). It's great that you like certain teachers! It's awesome that you sought out a University or College to fill your thirst for knowledge and understanding! I believe that you are smart and want to believe the Bible to the best of your capability and knowledge! But allow me to make an observation from my experience...

I have met many people in my life. I have been many places around the world, and I have met many educated, and uneducated people. While I have learned a lot from some very intelligent teachers; I have learned even more from those who have no claim to "Higher Education" in the way of knowing God, loving Christ, and obeying Him to their utmost ability. My point is, knowledge is not knowing God; it is not spirituality. I know a lot more than many Christians that I have met, yet I am more challenged and humbled by their faith and practice than most of the educated "spiritual giants" I have known. Education and being right is much more than having a formal education. Personally, I can easily say that I learned far more in 4 years of military experience and travel than I have in my 3 1/2 years of University Education. Life can be a greater teacher for some people than a formal education. This may not be true for everybody, but it has been true for the majority of people I have met.

Each to his own.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Okay, if you don't want to answer the questions isr and instead make irrelevant comments, that's fine, if that suits you and is all that you can do.

Tong
R0780
I only said what you said so if the cap fits wear it.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It's good that you don't believe as others do, that being baptized is getting born again.

You said "...repentance is getting rid of the old man and baptism is putting on the new man." Please cite the scriptures where your statement there is coming from. I know no scriptures that teaches that repentance is getting rid of the old man and that baptism is putting on the new man.

You also said "You can't put on the new until you have got rid of the old. Is that too hard for you to understand?" There is only an old man when there is a change to being a new man. So any discussion of scriptures pertaining to the old man and the new man could only have meaning to the Christian, because to the non-Christian, there is no change to a new man in the first place. Now regarding the Christian then, what is the old man but refers to his former sinful self, and what is the new man but refers to his new self that was created according to God, in true righteousness and holiness, renewed in knowledge according to the image of God who created him? So the Christian, he is a new man. The old man he was, when spoken of, is taken only as a reference to what he formerly was, but not as though it is something that still exist that one can put on and off. Nay. For the old man had died when the new man was created by God.

Tong
R0779
??????????????????????????????????????????????

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I'm not stupid, marksman, nor jealous, like you marksman, nor a scared coward, marksman, like you are, marksman, who seems too afraid of me to address me in second person singular. It does not leave a good impression, outjie.
Thankyou for all those compliments.

user

Aug 4, 2019
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thankyou for all those compliments.

You must be doing something right. I see they have a real hatred for what you present, and you presented it very well with humility.

They don't hate you, they hate Bible Truth.

Romans 6:4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

1 Peter 3:21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:

Keep up the good work.
God Bless!

Last edited:

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Something to do with men denying the power of God and His right to save whom He will save. Nothing to do with what you believe but who God is.
The Devil himself knew who God was.
Many a one claiming to be a Christian truly rejects God as well, Jesus says so. remember what they will say to Jesus, Didn't we ect ect, but Jesus will says that he never knew them.
Jesus only Saves they who are willing to come to him.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The Devil himself knew who God was.
Many a one claiming to be a Christian truly rejects God as well, Jesus says so. remember what they will say to Jesus, Didn't we ect ect, but Jesus will says that he never knew them.
Jesus only Saves they who are willing to come to him.
Not about salvation but where will you be when HE comes, will one be at the wedding or locked out, many will be saved, by the skin of there teeth and much pain, but that as you say is there refusal to go to Christ, just like Noah and His family, when God shut the door.
As it was in the days of Noah, it is written.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You must be doing something right. I see they have a real hatred for what you present, and you presented it very well with humility.

They don't hate you, they hate Bible Truth.

Romans 6:4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

1 Peter 3:21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:

Keep up the good work.
God Bless!

That is what I thought and try to obtain but I guess it takes all kinds. And you have hit the nail on the head when you said they don't hate me, they hate Bible Truth. I admit I had not discerned this but you have made it very clear.

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Not about salvation but where will you be when HE comes, will one be at the wedding or locked out, many will be saved, by the skin of there teeth and much pain, but that as you say is there refusal to go to Christ, just like Noah and His family, when God shut the door.
As it was in the days of Noah, it is written.
He has come ! you have to be truly born again to enter into the kingdom of God.
Fact is that people have been born again for 2000 years now.
The second coming is when all who survive will be born again.
The Door has always been open now for 2000 years.

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ephesians 5.26 speaks of 'the washing of water by the word'.

Indeed. The Word of God is the WATER that Jesus spoke of.
Amen! The word "water" is used in Scripture as an emblem of the Word of God, and in such it is associated with cleansing or washing. (John 15:3; Ephesians 5:26)