Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

walking4him

Mar 31, 2008
Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed is a controversial documentary film which claims that educators and scientists are being persecuted for their belief that there is evidence of design in nature. Hosted by Ben Stein, it claims that what the film calls "Big Science" allows no dissent from the scientific theory of evolution, and blames evolution for a range of modern movements from Nazism to Planned Parenthood.It is due to be released on April 18, 2008This seems like a very good movie that should be seen by all since as someone on another board said
the extent to which aggressive atheism has co-opted science borders on fascism
.What are your thoughts on the movie and what it can/may do for the intelligent design movement? Is this gonna flop, quietly come and go from cinemas, or will it spark real honest debates and not arguments?http://www.expelledthemovie.com/ link to movie web sitehttp://www.expelledthemovie.com/playground.php link to trailer

Wakka

Jun 4, 2007
Yeah, I've been following this for a few weeks now. I love Ben Stein

Cybella

Mar 25, 2008
I expect that it will probably have about the same impact as "Super Size me" - big.

forgivenWretch

Feb 10, 2008
Tennessee
How about we all pray that it will be a HUGE success and that it gives Christians something to stand with and further it's message, and help turn our world back to Christ.We reap what we sow. Sow negativity/reap negativity...Sow positive/reap positive. It's our choice, what will we do????

walking4him

Mar 31, 2008
I may be a lay person when it comes to science, but the little that I know it seems that there are pattern that point to at a designer of all.

i love god

Apr 16, 2008
you guys are right evolution is terible it is like a great big sign that says God does not eczist i hope that movie helps get rid of evolution !

Red_Letters88

Jan 5, 2008
(walking4him;45471)
Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed is a controversial documentary film which claims that educators and scientists are being persecuted for their belief that there is evidence of design in nature. Hosted by Ben Stein, it claims that what the film calls "Big Science" allows no dissent from the scientific theory of evolution, and blames evolution for a range of modern movements from Nazism to Planned Parenthood.It is due to be released on April 18, 2008
Well I got the chance to see it tonight. I was expecting just what your review up there says but I got a different message. Dont get me wrong, the movie almost flawlessly presents it case that the freedom of ID has completely been removed to follow. Now its either follow the mainstream or your a complete moron. We as Christians know that the mainstream isnt a good idea, no matter how much persicution. But let me share what really spoke to me about this movie, especially coming from the anti-God, religion, Intelligent Design, Creation...The hate in their blind teachings, their lack of faith, and their intolerance of opposition to the almighty Darwin are so strong, so hate driven, so twisted...its not just creation vs darwin anymore.All too often we forget that Christ told us the world will hate us, persicute us, and kill us- but we have to remain faithful till the end.What I got from the movie was so much more than just ID and Darwin- its not really something I can explain for you. Much time, thought, and care went into this documentary. Even if you think this movie to just be what the review says- Go see it, youll get so much more. I immediately prayed that I will have the courage to face the mainstream- which will soon be the entire world against Christ. Go see it.

walking4him

Mar 31, 2008
Yeah I didn't get a chance to watch it this past weekend b/c of b-day celebrations, but it's on my to do for this week.

RaddSpencer

Mar 28, 2008
Ben Stein is a very brave man -- he is hitting a very sensitive chord with the "opposition". Just look at the comments about his movie on digg.http://digg.com/movies/Box_office_flop_Ben...o_Michael_MooreEspecially this one (by DeepFriedFetus --- bizarre name huh)"Did Ben Stein actually think he was going to make money off of this? I mean, he's defending "intelligent" design, the de facto delusion for Christ-crazy rednecks who aren't exactly the movie-going demographic (they'll stick to their good ol' Nascar, thank you very much), while alienating and outraging anyone with an IQ over 100 and a shred of common sense. Who's going to see this movie?"I think he is talking about us XD. BTW, that hostility reminds me of Stephen in the book of Acts. Acts 7:54-60But you know, Ben Stein definitely is right about one thing. Scientists in academia are not in 100% agreement about this. There is a lot of peer pressure going on. In fact most of my professors (who are scientists/engineers) tend to avoid talking about Darwinism if possible, and I think I know why.Dr. Emery S. Dunfee said this (University of Maine)"One wonders why, with all the evidence, the (Godless) theory of evolution still persists. One major reason is that many people have a sort of vested interest in this theory. Jobs would be lost, loss of face would result, text books would need to be eliminated or revised."[url="http://christiananswers.net/q-aiia/aiia-scientists.html]http://christiananswers.net/q-aiia/aiia-scientists.html[/url]Once an idea gets entrenched into academia, it takes a long time to remove it. (I haven't seen the movie yet, I intend to see it as soon as possible).

followerofchrist

Nov 22, 2007
I just checked my local theatre and its here so I am definately gonna try and go see this one. Ugh I can't believe it monday, now I have to wait all week!

RaddSpencer

Mar 28, 2008
Here is another interesting article on the movie (it talks about Stein talking to Richard Dawkins --- otherwise known as "Darwin's Rottweiler").http://www.townhall.com/columnists/DineshD...richard_dawkins So Darwinists know that spontaneous generation did not create life on earth -- it must have been introduced by either aliens or a meteriod that contained bacteria/viruses which crashed to the earth. Look at this quote (from the article)."In order for evolution to take place, there had to be a living cell. The difficulty for atheists is that even this original cell is a work of labyrinthine complexity. Franklin Harold writes in The Way of the Cell that even the simplest cells are more ingeniously complicated than man's most elaborate inventions: the factory system or the computer. Moreover, Harold writes that the various components of the cell do not function like random widgets; rather, they work purposefully together, as if cooperating in a planned organized venture. Dawkins himself has described the cell as the kind of supercomputer, noting that it functions through an information system that resembles the software code."So, saying that the original cell just "happened" by chance is like saying that the entire internet (with all the computers, switches, routers, core routers, etc) just came together and started working --- with no intelligent input (hardware manufacturing, setup, coding, etc....) at all.

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, us southerners are pretty much used to this "dumb south" perception. I always go back to the facts that the south and midwest are the two fastest growing economic sectors in America - and, as they say, the facts don't lie.
wink.gif
I think Stein's motive - as highlighted so well already - was to show how vehement this new "scientific culture" has become towards God. Quotes like the above from Radd show us the less educated-educated IMHO. The main defense now seems to have reverted to name-calling.But, as the Digg comments show, this indoctrination is paying off to a large degree.

RaddSpencer

Mar 28, 2008
(Denver;46462)
But, as the Digg comments show, this indoctrination is paying off to a large degree.
Talk about calling the pot calling the kettle black. May Digg Atheists claim that church-going Christians are "sheeple" (sheep + people -- its a technical term XD). They accuse Christians of just parroting what the pastor says, or what Ken Ham (of answersingenesis) says, or insert Christian leader here says.On the next story (about Evolution and Richard Dawkins) no less -- they then parrot what their Atheistic professor, Dawkins, or insert any Darwinist here says. Come on guys, be consistent.And another thing, Where did this supposed "incompatibility" between Christianity and science come from? No statement could be ANY FURTHER FROM THE TRUTH!"(1) The intellectual climate that gave rise to modern science (roughly three centuries ago) was decisively shaped by Christianity.3 Not only were most of the founding fathers of science themselves devout Christians (including Copernicus, Kepler, Galileo, Newton, Boyle, and Pascal),4 but the Christian worldview provided a basis for modern science both to emerge and to flourish. Christian theism affirmed that an infinite, eternal, and personal God created the world ex nihilo. The creation, reflecting the rational nature of the Creator, was therefore orderly and uniform. Further, humankind was uniquely created in God's image (Gen. 1:26-7), thus capable of reasoning and of discovering the intelligibility of the created order. In effect, the Christian worldview supported the underlying principles that made scientific inquiry possible and desirable."[url="http://www.reasons.org/resources/apologetics/christianscience.shtml]http://www.reasons.org/resources/apologeti...anscience.shtml[/url]Richard Dawkins and his Atheistic brethren need to AT LEAST show some respect to their scientific fore-fathers. The funny thing about him is that he won the Faraday award --- Michael Faraday was a CHRISTIAN btw.[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_l_jw3Dc7A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_l_jw3Dc7A[/url]

followerofchrist

Nov 22, 2007
It was very interesting. But I walked in their assuming that Ben Stein was a christian, and after the movie I wasn't sure. Does anyone know what his beliefs are?

Red_Letters88

Jan 5, 2008
Must not have been paying attention huh Follower? Didnt you watch the part about WW2/Nazis/Jewish killings? Stein makes it clear several times that he is Jewish.....I mean come on man his last name is Stein
smile.gif

RaddSpencer

Mar 28, 2008
(Red_Letters88;46681)
Must not have been paying attention huh Follower? Didnt you watch the part about WW2/Nazis/Jewish killings? Stein makes it clear several times that he is Jewish.....I mean come on man his last name is Stein
smile.gif

Jewish people can be Christians too. I had two friends in Hawaii that were Jewish and Christian. They insisted on calling Jesus -- Yeshua and God Yahweh. etc... Jesus died on a tree, not a cross etc...