explain to me why tattoo is bad. and why Pure Spirit is better than Mystic tattoo spirit. thanks.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We were created to love perfectly. That is the gospel; this is it; this is everything. If we loved perfectly, we would be in a Garden relationship with God and Neighbor. If we loved perfectly, sin (loving imperfectly) would not exist. Heaven has no sin because every part of creation will be operating as it is created to operate.

You can trace every action and opinion and emotional reaction to a capacity/lack of ability to love outwardly.

Tattoos are not evil. They just are. All the connotations and meaning behind them are the only relevant and personal issues, which will be sorted out by God.

What does God say about tattoos? And then, what do you say?

Stranger

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
We were created to love perfectly. That is the gospel; this is it; this is everything. If we loved perfectly, we would be in a Garden relationship with God and Neighbor. If we loved perfectly, sin (loving imperfectly) would not exist. Heaven has no sin because every part of creation will be operating as it is created to operate.

You can trace every action and opinion and emotional reaction to a capacity/lack of ability to love outwardly.

Tattoos are not evil. They just are. All the connotations and meaning behind them are the only relevant and personal issues, which will be sorted out by God.
Loving is very nice Aspen.
But without actions, love is meaningless.

Jesus said that if we love Him, we will obey His commands.
John 14:15

Jesus is God.
HE made up the rules.

Jesus said our body is a temple.

James 2 said that without works, action, our faith is dead.

Sorry, no Bible for scripture but I'm sure you know it.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Because of the law, do we not know the mind of God concerning these things? We are not under the Law. But does that mean it is ok to muruder someone as a Christian?

Stranger
never said it was, but are you perfect?? I know of no man who is, but Christ. Now if you where to kill am man while defending your children would God be mad at you???

See how silly it gets.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
John 13:34-35 doesn't address tattooes. Nor do any other verses you gave.

Because of the law, do we not know the mind of God concerning these things? We are not under the Law. But does that mean it is ok to muruder someone as a Christian?

Stranger
Correct.

We are not Under the law, but we must still follow the law.

Jesus did not abolish the law.
Mathew 5

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Loving is very nice Aspen.
But without actions, love is meaningless.

Jesus said that if we love Him, we will obey His commands.
John 14:15

Jesus is God.
HE made up the rules.

Jesus said our body is a temple.

James 2 said that without works, action, our faith is dead.

Sorry, no Bible for scripture but I'm sure you know it.

Love is action

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
never said it was, but are you perfect?? I know of no man who is, but Christ. Now if you where to kill am man while defending your children would God be mad at you???

See how silly it gets.
I'm afraid that YOU are the one who comes to silly conclusions.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

See how silly it gets.

No I am not perfect. And if a man threatened my children I would kill him outright with no regret. But that is not murder. It is not silly when you know the Word of God.

But being a Christian and not under the law, doesn't mean it is right to murder someone. We know the mind of God through the Law. We know the mind of God concerning tattoos under the Law. Just because we are not under the Law doens't mean God has changed His mind concerning these things. He hasn't.

Stranger

Reactions: GodsGrace

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Correct.

We are not Under the law, but we must still follow the law.

Jesus did not abolish the law.
Mathew 5
You are supposed to Love, it fulfills all the requirements of the law. Again teh laws was not given to us gentiles,

Rom 2:12 For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law;
Rom 2:13 (For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.
Rom 2:14 For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:
Rom 2:15 Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another

so for you to decide, is it by the law you live and be judged or is grace your defense.

So are you teh righteousness of Christ or one of these...

1Ti_1:9 Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I'm afraid that YOU are the one who comes to silly conclusions.
ANd when you stand before Christ and ask him,

why cant he enter in, Well you see you condemned him because he had tattoos,

oh and what about her, well you condemned her because she smoked,

and these two, well you condemned them for having sex

see all of these you made accusations and so cannot enter, should i than allow you to enter in??

Mat 18:34 And his lord was wroth, and delivered him to the tormentors, till he should pay all that was due unto him.
Mat 18:35 So likewise shall my heavenly Father do also unto you, if ye from your hearts forgive not every one his brother their trespasses.

Mar 11:25 And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses.
Mar 11:26 But if ye do not forgive, neither will your Father which is in heaven forgive your trespasses.

I wish to have none witheld from heaven n my account, do you have a list???

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
You are supposed to Love, it fulfills all the requirements of the law. Again teh laws was not given to us gentiles,

Rom 2:12 For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law;
Rom 2:13 (For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.
Rom 2:14 For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:
Rom 2:15 Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another

so for you to decide, is it by the law you live and be judged or is grace your defense.

So are you teh righteousness of Christ or one of these...

1Ti_1:9 Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,
The above is all wrong.
Do you go to a church?
Which one?

I'll address this tomorrow when I'm at my desk.
You even quoted Romans 12:13.
Which does NOT support your premise.

Incredible.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok
So love is what you do or don't do.

How is making many tiny little holes filled with ink in your body, loving your body?

Depends. For me, my tattoos remind me of my relationship with God and Neighbor and my continual responsibility to practice my sanctification. I wear a ring that serves the same purpose. I believe my soul (body, spirit, Christ within me) is an instrument for service and worship so whatever help to keep it in tune is good and loving.

Reactions: Helen

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The above is all wrong.
Do you go to a church?
Which one?
Dont and you will never find me in one because we are His church,

Isa 66:1 Thus saith the LORD, The heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool: where is the house that ye build unto me? and where is the place of my rest?
Isa 66:2 For all those things hath mine hand made, and all those things have been, saith the LORD: but to this man will I look, even to him that is poor and of a contrite spirit, and trembleth at my word.

Mar_14:58 We heard him say, I will destroy this temple that is made with hands, and within three days I will build another made without hands.

Act 7:47 But Solomon built him an house.
Act 7:48 Howbeit the most High dwelleth not in temples made with hands; as saith the prophet,
Act 7:49 Heaven is my throne, and earth is my footstool: what house will ye build me? saith the Lord: or what is the place of my rest?
Act 7:50 Hath not my hand made all these things?
Act 7:51 Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye.

Reactions: pia

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Depends. For me, my tattoos remind me of my relationship with God and Neighbor and my continual responsibility to practice my sanctification. I wear a ring that serves the same purpose. I believe my soul (body, spirit, Christ within me) is an instrument for service and worship so whatever help to keep it in tune is good and loving.

That sounds well and good unless God has said otherwise. Which he has. Yet you want to ignore it and pretend to use it to the glory of God when God despises it. Warped.

Stranger

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That sounds well and good unless God has said otherwise. Which he has. Yet you want to ignore it and pretend to use it to the glory of God when God despises it. Warped.

Stranger

Leviticus 19:28 "Do not cut your bodies for the dead or put tattoo marks on yourselves. I am the Lord"

Indeed

Right after:

Leviticus 19:27 “‘Do not cut the hair at the sides of your head or clip off the edges of your beard.

And before:

Leviticus 19:19 “‘Keep my decrees. Do not mate different kinds of animals. Do not plant your field with two kinds of seed. Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material."

Guess we are all screwed......

Or, perhaps they may only apply to the Israelites for the purpose of continuing their culture rather than taking on pagan practices ........hmm

Reactions: bbyrd009 and Helen

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Abstain from all appearance of evil." I Thess 5:22

"Wherefore, if meat make my brother to offend, I will eat no flesh while the world standeth, lest I make my brother to offend." I Cor 8:13

If meat or tatoos or mini-skirts or long hair on men or etc. "make my brother to offend" I will do what? Do any of those or anything within "etc" look like evil to my brother?

I have always loved beer. But... now it has been several years since I have had a beer, because it might offend one of my brothers if he were to see me drinking it.

At home my wife would not be offended if I were to drink one can of beer, but if I keep it in my refrigerator and a brother visits me, should I not invite him to make himself at home including helping himself to the contents of my refrigerator? It is very easy to get ourselves into trouble by nit picking, but it is also easy to get ourselves into trouble by our self-righteousness.

We all need God's help to walk as Jesus would walk if he were in our shoes.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Leviticus 19:28 "Do not cut your bodies for the dead or put tattoo marks on yourselves. I am the Lord"

Indeed

Right after:

Leviticus 19:27 “‘Do not cut the hair at the sides of your head or clip off the edges of your beard.

And before:

Leviticus 19:19 “‘Keep my decrees. Do not mate different kinds of animals. Do not plant your field with two kinds of seed. Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material."

Guess we are all screwed......

Or, perhaps they may only apply to the Israelites for the purpose of continuing their culture rather than taking on pagan practices ........hmm

Yep true...we know that all those who maintain that we must all keep " the law"
sure do pick and choose how much or which laws they will keep. I bet most of them enjoy their bacon. And also sit next to their menstrating wife or daughter on the couch. :eek:
I guess they think " one rule for them, and another law for me."
Knowing the the Book says in the NT:- " For whoever keeps the whole law, and stumbles at just one of them , is guilty of breaking all the law"!! James 2:10

Last edited:
Reactions: aspen

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The point of the law is for us to develop empathy and compassion for our neighbor when they fail to meet the law because we cannot follow it either. Pharisees had no compassion and certainly no empathy because they were set apart; any move towards empathy would give them doubt about how special they were

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The point of the law is for us to develop empathy and compassion for our neighbor when they fail to meet the law because we cannot follow it either

No teh point of the law was to show the Israelites that they cannot save them selves by there works, something christians should take note of.

Pharisees had no compassion and certainly no empathy because they were set apart; any move towards empathy would give them doubt about how special they were

Well they where not special they just thought they where, and they where certainly not set apart, that was there doing. Those called by God could never put themselves on pedestals, which is why Jesus had so little time for them,

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No teh point of the law was to show the Israelites that they cannot save them selves by there works, something christians should take note of.

What were the Israelites trying to save themselves from? They didn't have a concept of Heaven or Hell for the majority of the OT.

Well they where not special they just thought they where, and they where certainly not set apart, that was there doing. Those called by God could never put themselves on pedestals, which is why Jesus had so little time for them,

That's my point - the Temple Priests were separated from the people and they could not relate to them - Jesus lived the lives of the people and loved them.

Levites were actually separated by God from the other tribes, so it was based in history, not just their minds.