Explain why spiritual fruit should come as a natural result of the Gospel?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

rmoore1021

Jan 21, 2012
Read John 15:5 and Galatians 5:22-23. In what ways are you forcing good fruit?

“I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. -JOHN 15:5

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.- GAL 5:22-23

Lively Stone

Jan 15, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Everyone who has salvation in Jesus Christ is given the fruit of the Spirit---in undeveloped form, immature. We 'force' it to grow as we choose to exercise it in choosing to give over our natural instincts to the steady and steadying control of Holy Spirit.

As we learn of Him, spend time with Jesus, follow the word of God in obedience, and choose to reveal the precious fruit of the Spirit, it will become a natural outflow of the new man within us. I am so grateful to know that I have the nine-fold fruit in me already and don't have to strive to conjure it up! THAT would be pretty impossible! God has placed it in me and it is my responsibility as a child of God who desires to be faithful to Him to walk in ways that are pleasing to God and that show the world whose I am.

I am also grateful to God for His limitless patience with me as I sometimes take a long time to mature in certain areas!

Reactions: Redeemed86

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Practicing our sanctification by putting love lessons from the Holy Spirit into practice in all circumstances

Reactions: Angelina

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
The sanctification process is the ground where Spiritual fruit begins to produce the most because the Holy Spirit is training us how to walk in a way which is contrary to our natural carnal state.

A state in which we once walked and practiced while in the world. Fruit bears when we choose not to take up our former ways of living or dealing with everyday situations and choose to walk according to the will of God. Fruit bearing, is a victory in our lives because it shows that we have overcome another obstacle that had hindered us from being truly free, transforming us daily into his image.
2 Corinthians 3:17, 18

Be Blessed!!!

Reactions: Angelina

Stefcui

Jan 29, 2012
The City
The fruit is the evidence that we have become a true Christian. It is not our knowledge; it is our fruit that identifies us. The importance of fruit cannot be overstated. If we have wrong knowledge we can be trained and taught; if we do not have fruit then knowledge becomes a counterfeit Christianity. Talking with our brothers is a means in which we can practice virtue and love. This is one of the reasons the church exists… not just to worship God; but to develop our Godliness among others who also love God.

God bless
Steve