Expose on Mormonism.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
<post #18> I love the Bible as well, and have rea every page within multiple times and prize it. And yes, therein is the Christ I am talking about. The Son of God, who's one with the Father. Who's virgin birth we celebrate this time of year. The Alpha and Omega, the Only Begotten. The Perfect lamb. The creator who made this world, who entered mortal life humbly as a baby in a manger. He endured all hardships on this earth, things like being hungry, thirsty, persecuted, hurt, etc. He lived a perfect life, and then took upon Himself the entire world's sins, suffered and died for them. He did this so that we each may be saved, and there is no other way but through Him. He rose from death on the day. He then ascended to heaven and will return again, the victorious king.

^That is the Truth of what I believe. Christ is my Savior and king.
I believe that your understanding of the Bible Jesus is tainted by the added information.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe that your understanding of the Bible Jesus is tainted by the added information.
If you have concerns or want to know something about my belief in Christ or relationship with Him, just ask.
I already addressed some false information (by getting the right information out) in post #19.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
was beginning, what has God got to do with religion, we are supposed to be telling the people about Christ, not fighting over which of mens religions are right....

Reactions: amadeus

Harvest 1874

Apr 1, 2018
Tampa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Speaking my beliefs here:
There is a mountain of difference between being the only Son, who's forever walked in the Father's ways.
Others are God's sons, whom come to walk in His ways.

Actually the Holy angels, the angelic sons of God (Job 38:7), that is those who didn't succumb to the temptations which their fallen brethren did in the first age, have always walked in the Father's ways likewise, even as our Lord, that is why they are called "Holy" angels. Nevertheless your point is taken.

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dude, my faith is not based in Joseph Smith. It's based in Christ. Christ is my Savior, and no one else.
However, the Christ that you say is your Saviour, the definition of who He is, is tainted by the words of Joseph Smith; so that the Jesus you believe in is a different Jesus than the Jesus of the Bible (e.g. 2 Corinthians 11:3-4 (kjv) is prophetic of what God foresaw would happen with Joseph Smith, and so is Galatians 1:8: and 2 Corinthians 11:13-15 is prophetic of what God foresaw would happen with those who followed the teachings of Mormonism).

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn't read the link because I'm sure there's nothing there I haven't seen before. So I'll just point out key things about Mormonism I consider critical.

The everyday Mormon is not taught what is taught to Temple Mormons. Only they have been determined to have progressed to the point they can handle the information.

Jesus and Satan are physical sons of God the father and one of his wives.

The father and his wives are the offspring of another God in his wives on another planet. There are untold numbers of planets and Gods in Mormonism.

Salvation is by works.

You can work your way from an average believer to a temple Mormon to being an angel and then to being a God.

The book of Mormon is another part of the Bible.

There are several other books that are sacred to Mormons.

Every body was born as a spirit child to the father and his wives. Then they descend to the earth into their earthly mother's.

There's tons more, but that hits the highlights which make it clear to everyone Mormonism is a cult.

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you do not define the Jesus and doctrine that you believe in by the doctrines of Mormonism, then, technically, you are not a Mormon.

Yet you claim to be a Mormon but deny that you believe in the doctrines of Mormonism:

such as, what was posted in post #35, above (Expose on Mormonism.).

Do you believe what is posted in that post (#35), understanding that those teachings come from Mormon sources?

re #49.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you do not define the Jesus that you believe in by the doctrines of Mormonism, then, technically, you are not a Mormon.

Yet you claim to be a Mormon but deny that you believe in the doctrines of Mormonism:

such as, what was posted in post #35, above (Expose on Mormonism.).

Do you believe what is posted in that post (#35), understanding that those teachings come from Mormon sources?
I'm going to cut to the chase here:
I've already shown you that your expose is full of false information. My post was ignored. The quotes in #35 were cherry-picked from non-authoritative sources and critically important context. My repeated statements explaining my love of Christ and invitations for you to ask questions have been met with no real response. I am feeling like you only want to see this stereotype in your head and don't remotely about what I say or actually believe.

@justbyfaith, what you've been told about "the other Christ Mormons believe in" is bunk. Now, I don't care if you want to get your facts straight or just want to believe that bunk. That's your choice. I'm going to continue on celebrating my Savior regardless.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm going to cut to the chase here:
I've already shown you that your expose is full of false information. My post was ignored. The quotes in #35 were cherry-picked from non-authoritative sources and critically important context. My repeated statements explaining my love of Christ and invitations for you to ask questions have been met with no real response.

@justbyfaith, what you've been told about "the other Christ Mormons believe in" is bunk. Now, I don't care if you want to get your facts straight or just want to believe that bunk. That's your choice. I'm going to continue on celebrating my Savior regardless.

You should consider:

The everyday Mormon is not taught what is taught to Temple Mormons.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The titles of chapters 4 and 8 are "Guide to Documentation" and "Documentation". That should tell you something right there.

You have a vested interest in believing that the documentation presented is false information. Perhaps you have even been taught to say that anything that contradicts your faith presented from Mormon sources is false information.

But the proof will be in the pudding: if you go and search out in your own resources whether this information is true or not, and find that it is true, perhaps even then you will not be convinced.

However, I do not believe that those attempting to win Mormons to Christ would attempt to win them with information that didn't check out when the Mormon prospect looked into it themselves. The process would be self-defeating.

But once you've looked into it within the resources given to you by the Mormon church, then maybe you can get back to me and tell me that it was all false information...after you have done the research. But I don't think that you have had the time to do that yet.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again: @justbyfaith are YOU interested in getting the facts straight of what I ACTUALLY believe?
Are you a temple Mormon?

If you are not, then I believe what has been said about it that the non-temple Mormons are not given the whole scoop (on what are the real doctrines of Mormonism).

If you are, then you would be among those who are in step with the conspiracy to keep the real doctrines of Mormonism away from the non-temple Mormons; and how would you be able to do that if you revealed it to non-Mormons?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
By all means, give us a synopsis of what you believe as a non-temple Mormon. Please be sure to define your terms as you go along.