Expose on Mormonism.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There's tons more, but that hits the highlights which make it clear to everyone Mormonism is a cult.

Speak for yourself, for this is certainly Not clear to everyone. Lots of people I have met would call Mormonism a cult and JW's and Oneness Jesus Only, and others. My experience is that every group of people holding themselves out as Christians has errors, some times as I see them terrible errors in what they teach and what they believe. These errors for me are just as prevalent, or even more so, among what are commonly called mainstream Protestant denominations.

But among them all... yes, even among the Mormons... I have know people who love God. What good is a good doctrine known by an evil heart? Some babies in Christ we have known know nothing about what the Bible says, but they know God and love Him above according to what I can see in many belonging to what might definitely be identified as NON-cult church groups.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm sure you love the idea in your head of who you think is Christ...:p...:eek:
"And it came to pass, when king "--- " heard the saying of the man of God, which had cried against the altar in Bethel, that he put forth his hand from the altar, saying, Lay hold of him. And his hand, which he put forth against him, dried up, so that he could not pull it in again to him" I Kings 13:4

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Speak for yourself, for this is certainly Not clear to everyone. Lots of people I have met would call Mormonism a cult and JW's and Oneness Jesus Only, and others. My experience is that every group of people holding themselves out as Christians has errors, some times as I see them terrible errors in what they teach and what they believe. These errors for me are just as prevalent, or even more so, among what are commonly called mainstream Protestant denominations.

But among them all... yes, even among the Mormons... I have know people who love God. What good is a good doctrine known by an evil heart? Some babies in Christ we have known know nothing about what the Bible says, but they know God and love Him above according to what I can see in many belonging to what might definitely be identified as NON-cult church groups.
Great post.
I am a person who has visited and studied many faiths. In each one I have found some people who love God, whom are striving to follow Him, and are his honest disciples. They have not have the most correct beliefs, but salvation is not based upon successfully completing a theology test. Even a little kid whom knows to little theological knowledge, can be a true disciple of Christ and such babes should be celebrated and welcomed.

In each faith I've visited and studied I've also unfortunately found some people whom have a loooooong way to go in coming to Christ. We all have our flaws.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am unaware of any insults (even in this thread) that I have specifically leveled against you. If you want to give page # and post # of said insult, I would appreciate it.

I feel that while I may have attacked your belief system, I have not attacked you personally to my knowledge. If I have, then I apologize; but please make it clear to me how I have insulted you.
You have certainly insulted her personally by saying that her heart was not right, as if you could see her heart so clearly as that. You have presumed what is in her heart based on what you believe about Mormons in general. If everything little thing you believed and knew about God was absolutely correct you still would not be justified in attacking another person. Do you really believe that God gave you that task here? No need to answer.

Jesus had such knowledge and yet when accused falsely and faced with torture and death that a few words might have spared him, he chose to remain silent. You are not Jesus and yet you go on as if you knew it all right and knew that the one you attack knows it all wrong. You are not all right and neither is she all wrong.

Reactions: Jane_Doe22

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Yet some of these religious organizations are more abusive to their members, disfellowshipping and breaking up families, all to strong arm people into compliance.

People don't need unnecessary stumbling blocks.

Reactions: Pisteuo

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
More reading material.

The banned Mormon video is especially interesting.

Mormonism
And if anyone cares, literally every sentence of this "banned" video has some false information/twisting in it. Even the title is false. The video comically incorrect and the animation kind of makes your eyes bleed, but it's not banned.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Great post.
I am a person who has visited and studied many faiths. In each one I have found some people who love God, whom are striving to follow Him, and are his honest disciples. They have not have the most correct beliefs, but salvation is not based upon successfully completing a theology test. Even a little kid whom knows to little theological knowledge, can be a true disciple of Christ and such babes should be celebrated and welcomed.

In each faith I've visited and studied I've also unfortunately found some people whom have a loooooong way to go in coming to Christ. We all have our flaws.

But the Bible does certainly have certain demands demands that have to be met.

The first question when someone says they love God should be which god?

The God of the Bible assuredly is not the God of Mormonism, Jehovah witnesses and many others,

If you think you're working your way to heaven you're not going to make it.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yet some of these religious organizations are more abusive to their members, disfellowshipping and breaking up families, all to strong arm people into compliance.

People don't need unnecessary stumbling blocks.
Psst-- my favorite aunt, whom I regularly call for advise and just fun, is very ex-LDS. You don't abandon family or mistreat people simply because the different faith path they have taken.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Is your opinion they know God, that does not make it so.

If they truly worship the God of the Bible then they cannot follow the teachings of cults. The Holy Spirit would pound them into the ground to get them out.

And most assuredly true Oneness rejects the biblical God.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And if anyone cares, literally every sentence of this "banned" video has some false information/twisting in it. Even the title is false. The video comically incorrect and the animation kind of makes your eyes bleed, but it's not banned.

Are you denying Mormonism teaches God has many wives? That he is the offspring of a God on another planet?

Things like this video are not new. I have been aware of these issues since the 1970s.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Psst-- my favorite aunt, whom I regularly call for advise and just fun, is very ex-LDS. You don't abandon family or mistreat people simply because the different faith path they have taken.

I don't know what the rules are now but up to a few years ago for a LDS member to associate with the disfellowshipped member resulted in them being disfellowshipped.

The LDS does not let somebody just resign their membership. They will disfellowshipped them.

Rules are changing. When I was young Blacks could not be Mormons. Women had to get married to ever have a chance of being resurrected. And they can only be resurrected if their husbands called them out of the graves.

It had to be a celestial marriage to be eligible. And men were married to more than one woman, some long dead.

By the way, a celestial marriage had to occur in the temple.

You probably don't know as much about your religion as you think you do.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But the Bible does certainly have certain demands demands that have to be met.

The first question when someone says they love God should be which god?
And who will decide if they answer truly or not? How many people sitting in designated Christian pews could describe the difference between God and each and every false god that anyone follows? We are to live for God by faith, NOT by knowledge. What is it Jesus says about this?

"Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of the harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn" Matt 13:30

Is it harvest time... and are you one of the reapers to whom the Master speaks?

The God of the Bible assuredly is not the God of Mormonism, Jehovah witnesses and many others,

If you think you're working your way to heaven you're not going to make it.
Where is heaven? Those who were building the tower of confusion to reach it never did attain to it. They were looking in the wrong place in the wrong way.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jane_Doe22

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Maybe someone can do a repeat post on this since she has put me on Ignore.

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is your opinion they know God, that does not make it so.

If they truly worship the God of the Bible then they cannot follow the teachings of cults. The Holy Spirit would pound them into the ground to get them out.

And most assuredly true Oneness rejects the biblical God.
Who is it that knows God? Who is it that does not?

"Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you; depart from me, ye that work iniquity." Matt 7:22-23

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And who will decide if they answer truly or not? How many people sit in designated Christian pews could describe the difference between God and each and every false god that anyone follows? We are to live for God by faith, NOT by knowledge. What is it Jesus says about this?

"Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of the harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn" Matt 13:30

Is it harvest time... and are you one of the reapers to whom the Master speaks?

Where is heaven? Those who were building the tower of confusion to reach it never did attain to it. They were looking in the wrong place in the wrong way.

You're trying to divert the conversation. God decides who saved and who is not.

But, we know Oneness, Mormonism and Jehovah witnesses, in example, do not teach the biblical God and/or salvation.
There are a lot of people in churches and even in pulpits that are not saved.

There are street people and those living in ghettos in Muslim nations and in grass huts in Africat hat are saved.

Where heaven is is off topic.

The apostles talked to a lot of people. Some were so obviously not saved and they warned them they better get saved.

We live for God by faith and knowledge Christianity has been called the most knowledge based religion in the world.

God commands us to study to always be prepared with an answer.

Some who do salute strictly by faith are going to get a warm awakening when they die.

I have brought people around by answering their questions on issues that required some knowledge of science.

You want turn somebody off the listening that is cynical. Quote the Bible out of.

Paul on the street of idols began talking about their religion and skills. Then he led them around to Christ. Did not start off talking about Christ.

Angels are the harvesters, not humans. But humans are the preachers and we are not told to let God do it all but that we are tools of God who have work to do.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have certainly insulted her personally by saying that her heart was not right, as if you could see her heart so clearly as that. You have presumed what is in her heart based on what you believe about Mormons in general.
I have said nothing about what is in her heart. Produce page # and post # where I did. I do not believe that I have the right to judge the hearts of other people; I can only judge them by what they believe and by their actions (Isaiah 56:1-2, 1 Corinthians 6:2-3, Philippians 1:9): and therefore I would not have said anything about her heart not being right. That would have been going too far and crossing the line impaho.

Last edited: