Exposing lies of all denominations, Pope Francis. Who is Mary? First of many threads!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Are you part of a denomination? Do you belive your denomination holds ALL TRUTHS?

• Yes, I am part of a denomination and believe it holds ALL TRUTHS!

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • No, I am not part of a denomination. Willing to test all- with the WORD!

Votes: 6 75.0%

• Total voters

Richard_oti

Mar 17, 2008
Uhhh huu....I didn't realize til recently that people take it as someone shouting, if they use capital letters........I use them for emphasis in a sentence, not shouting......But I'm guessing now, that only I knew that lol, and that a whole lot of things I have written, can be taken the wrong way in that case.......That's not good !...............So what would be considered the right way to put emphasis on a word or words ? So others know that it is NOT shouting ( like here) ?

Back in the days of plain text, before the use of HTML, we used to use *astericks* to emphasize a word. Around here, I typically use bold.

Edit: Oops, too slow, @"ByGrace" "Trump"ed me again. <chuckle>

Last edited:
Reactions: pia

EndTimeWine

Nov 5, 2017
Albany
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of Moses? That was alluded unto in the book of Jude, v9.

Relax EndTimeWine, I see some of this that is going on as the result of purely misunderstanding one another.. As @bbyrd009 would say: "Forgiveness" is key.
There is nothing to forgive because I am not angry nor do I take insult to others learning process. God Bless!

Richard_oti

Mar 17, 2008
Back in the days of plain text, before the use of HTML, we used to use *astericks* to emphasize a word. Around here, I typically use bold.

Speaking of being "trump"ed By"Grace". It got me thinking:

Everyone here should know by now, that I advocate upholding the Instruction.

Everyone here should also know, that "grace" trumps "law".

However:

Rom 3:31 Do we then make the law of none effect through faith? God forbid: nay, we uphold the law.

For neither "grace" nor "faith" allow us to cease from striving not to sin:

For:

1Jo 3:4 Every one that doeth sin doeth also lawlessness; and sin is lawlessness.

Heb 10:26a For if we sin wilfully ... 29d and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?

Reactions: KBCid

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Well I have to say that sometimes I uses CAPS within a sentence for emphasis (if I'm on my iPad).. because I find the bold harder to use, unless I'm on my laptop. Bold to me is better emphases.

But THIS IS CONSIDERED TO BE SHOUTING! :D
That is what I was told many years ago when I started using the internet.
But, there you go...different strokes for different folks. :)
Thanks for that, I hadn't even realized that 'bold' can be called up and used....I wasn't kidding when I said that I am, for the most part, a VERY computer illiterate person lol

Reactions: Richard_oti

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Yeah, she's fast for sure and always helpful.......Haha, so like that?..... Is there really that much difference ? Almost forgot to say thank you to you also.......:D

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So what would be considered the right way to put emphasis on a word or words ?

This is how I make certain words stand out. "Sometimes" I just do "this". Or sometimes "this". If I really want your attention I use bold colors.

Reactions: pia

Richard_oti

Mar 17, 2008
This is how I make certain words stand out. "Sometimes" I just do "this". Or sometimes "this". If I really want your attention I use bold colors.

Yeah, beside your rather monochrome avatar, you are a rather colorful person! <grin>

Reactions: pia and Job

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah, beside your rather monochrome avatar, you are a rather colorful person! <grin>

I don't know if I was complimented or slammed.
default_huh.png

default_025.gif