Ezekiel is a true prophet of God: Animal sacrifices will be in Christ's Millennium

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
While I appreciate you going to Scripture to try and prove all animal sacrifices are now idolatrous, your example simply confirms the argument, that they are only when offered to false gods, and in this case, men, which at the time became acceptable for the Caesars of Rome.

All sacrifices and burnt offerings of man, that are not to the true God, are always idolatrous and to devils. This included the rebellious children of Israel, whose sacrifices were an abomination to the God of Israel, even when offered in His name.

Once again, no Scripture says any offering nor sacrifice made to the Lord God, is become sinful, and so Ezekiel's prophecy of them must be disannulled by theological sentiments, or symbolized away as false.

Sorry brother/sister, but this is the differently-worded practice of those gross symbolizers, that turns much of the Bible into symbolic fables only.

I've seen enough of it from OSAS, JW's, and Amils, to see the results it abundantly used for false doctrine, gospel, and prophecy.

According to Scripture, if the plain words of prophecy do not come to pass as written, they are false prophecy.

No light of the NT reveals any and all burnt offerings and sacrifices are sinful. They never were, nor will they be in Christ's Millennium, otherwise the Lord God would have been sinning and commanding sin, since He first made an animal sacrifice to clothe sinful man.

Your Premil beliefs correspond to the JWs.

Hebrews 10:18 says, there is no more offering for sin.”

You say the opposite. You say there will be countless more offerings for sin.

You fail to see: Calvary completely finished the Old Testament shadow and type. That is why there is no more sacrifice for sin. I find your belief extraordinary. Honestly! This belief should not be allowed on an evangelical site. It is a direct assault upon the cross. It undermines the finished work of Christ. It abrogates the new covenant.

Hebrews 10:26 says, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins.”

Amils take Scripture at its word. You do not. You fight it with what you have erroneously been taught.

It is both alarming and sad how many (that sincerely profess Christ) champion the re-starting of rival sin offerings in the future to compete with Calvary when Christ fulfilled and eternally removed them at the cross. Most of this error has emanated from false teaching of men that should know better. The fact is, the New Testament totally forbids the resurrection of the old covenant including the rebuilding of the temple in Jerusalem, the restarting of the abolished animal sacrifices, and the resuming of earthly high priest’s office, as part of a God-ordained arrangement. Their expectation to return to the Old Testament type, shadow and figure is gravely misplaced.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
While I appreciate you going to Scripture to try and prove all animal sacrifices are now idolatrous, your example simply confirms the argument, that they are only when offered to false gods, and in this case, men, which at the time became acceptable for the Caesars of Rome.

All sacrifices and burnt offerings of man, that are not to the true God, are always idolatrous and to devils. This included the rebellious children of Israel, whose sacrifices were an abomination to the God of Israel, even when offered in His name.

Once again, no Scripture says any offering nor sacrifice made to the Lord God, is become sinful, and so Ezekiel's prophecy of them must be disannulled by theological sentiments, or symbolized away as false.

Sorry brother/sister, but this is the differently-worded practice of those gross symbolizers, that turns much of the Bible into symbolic fables only.

I've seen enough of it from OSAS, JW's, and Amils, to see the results it abundantly used for false doctrine, gospel, and prophecy.

According to Scripture, if the plain words of prophecy do not come to pass as written, they are false prophecy.

No light of the NT reveals any and all burnt offerings and sacrifices are sinful. They never were, nor will they be in Christ's Millennium, otherwise the Lord God would have been sinning and commanding sin, since He first made an animal sacrifice to clothe sinful man.
As is clearly shown in post #13,the Temple seen in Ezekiel is the 2nd Zerubabbel temple built in 536BC, it isn't future as you falsely claim

• Haha
Reactions: Keraz

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
thus you shall make atonement
Neither the REB, or the KJV say 'atonement, but the CJB and the NIV say, correctly that the atonement is for the Temple.
For what purpose would we need a third temple? Christ is the realization of the shadow, symbol, and type. He is the ultimate fulfillment. He is the eternal temple. Is He not enough? Is He not acceptable enough? Do you need something greater?
What God wants or needs, is not for you to say. Remember He is a God who does not change, many Prophesies say there WILL again be sacrifices and offerings made in a new Temple. You reject many scriptures to say otherwise.

Reactions: robert derrick

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Will there be sacrifices in the new Temple?

When the Lord’s righteous people go to live in all of the Holy Land, soon after it is cleared and cleansed by the Lord’s Day of fiery wrath, Ezekiel 34:11-31, they will build a new Temple in Jerusalem, according to the details given in Ezekiel 40-46
This sounds much better to me, than unbelievers building profane temples to their god, and then the King claiming it as His own on earth, after kicking out the idolatrous builders.

Do you have Scripture proving that the King's house in Ezekiel will be made with hands of His own saved people in His earthly kingdom? Or even His resurrected saints.

Many Old Testament prophesies attest to this, how it will be built by men from far away, Zechariah 6:15, and it will be greater than the former ones. Haggai 2:9
Excellent and thanks much. It's one of those times I wish I had seen it first. This is one of those proofs worth making a thread of, and I'd like to do so quoting you. Or you can yourself: The house in Ezekiel is the Lord's in His Millennium. And it will be made with His own hands, as well as that of His own people.

The proof is perfect. Zech 6 is not just speaking of His spiritual rule today, sitting in the throne of His saints hearts, but makes it clear the King's temple is on earth.

It is not the spiritual tabernacle of David, that the Lord pitches on earth today.

And those from afar can include both newly saved saintsm far removed from corrupt Jerusalem, as well as resurrected saints from far above coming with clouds.

The prophecy of the desire of all nations in Haggai 2 shows it also is physically on earth, where the King owns all the silver and gold of all the nations on earth, which are now His to rule.

It will be a Millennium kingdom of peace on earth, ruled by the Prince of peace Himself, sitting with His glory in the house measured in Ezekiel.

The New Testament too, makes it clear there will be a Temple, 2 Thess. 2:4, Rev. 11:1-2,
I don't agree any corrupt building made with hands of men, that hate the Lord and make war with His people, is ever called by God His temple, whether in the OT or the NT. The temple here is the body of Christ and household of saints today.

This is not just a figurative or symbolic reading, but literally what Scripture says of the spiritual house, priesthood, nation, and temple of God today, which is the only temple and house of God on earth, before His coming again.

All antichrist false apostles deceivably sit in the congregation of saints, amidst the members of the temple Christ, showing themselves as the Head and God of the churches, that they rule as lord's over God's heritage.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
that will exist until the end of the Millennium, when God Himself will be the Temple. Revelation 21:22

True
We are told that during this age of Church dispensation, Christ is our high priest and we are the spiritual Temple, 2 Cor. 6:16 and no sacrifices are required. Hosea 9:4

True. Not required, nor sinful.
Hebrews 9 & 10:1-21 are the scriptures that clearly tell us that Jesus made the once and forever sacrifice for the expiation of our sins. Now there is no Temple and Christians are His ‘body’ on earth. This is just for the time from the early church until the new Temple is built, when there will again be offerings and thanksgiving gifts made by the Lord’s holy people. Isaiah 56:1-8, Jeremiah 33:14-15
Amen and true. At this time, neither animal sacrifices, circumcision, nor temples of stone and wood are necessary to serve God and please Him on earth.

I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

And even this sacrifice of our own body is worthless, if we do so with impure hearts and unclean hands, including martyring ourselves.

And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.

Daniel 7:25 and Daniel 9:26-27 tells us how, in the last days, an invading leader will make a peace treaty with the holy people,
Which is Christians decieved into false Christianity made by the last great false apostle and antichrist on earth.

I believe he could be a Syrian born Jew converting to Christianity in name only, or a born again saint becoming a christ unto himself.

For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.

He will not be some world leader, nor of another religion, but will be a great proselytizing preacher, luring Christians and unbelievers alike into his own gospel of Christ.

And then if any man shall say to you, Lo, here is Christ; or, lo, he is there; believe him not.

but will break it and put a stop to the sacrifices and offerings. Obviously there will be sacrifices and offerings taking place, for him to stop them.
He made indeed bring in animal sacrifices again, but unto himself and not the true God. And any temple he may have built for himself to sit in, is his own and not God's.

But like every antichrist ever come out of the apostles' doctrine, he will certainly stop the spiritual sacrifices and offerings of the saints, from going to the true Head Jesus Christ, and now unto himself.

The manner of Christian cultism is for the great 'Pastor' making himself lord and head instead of Jesus Christ. H does not minister Scripture of truth to the saints, in Christ's stead.

Not for that we have dominion over your faith, but are helpers of your for by faith ye stand.

Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.

The decieved begin to care more about being reconciled to the commandments, gospel, and rule of the great pastor-head, than to Jesus Christ Himself.

And when they had lifted up their eyes, they saw no man, save Jesus only.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

This is confirmed by the prophesies detailing how it will be during the period the righteous people of God will be living the Land before the Return of Jesus:
Psalms 51:18-19 Now Lord, show Your favour to Zion and rebuild Jerusalem. Then You will delight in the appointed sacrifices, young bulls will be offered in Your altar.
This is more proof of animal sacrifices of the Lord, during His Millennium as per Zech 6 and Hosea 2.

Jeremiah 17:24-26 Now, if you obey the Lord’s Commandments, then a ruler will again occupy David’s throne and Jerusalem will be inhabited forever. Then people will come bringing whole offerings, sacrifices as thank offerings to the Lord’s House.
Same again. Good work.

No Hebrew nor Jew ever occupied the throne of David as king, after their captivity in Babylon. The 'Maccabean dynasty' is never acknowledged by Scripture as fulfillment of Jerem 17. Nor any other prophecies of the King sitting on David's throne.

Neither Jesus nor His apostles ever so much as mention them.

Jeremiah 33:14-18 The days are coming when I shall bless Judah and Israel…….there will always be a Levitical Priest to burn the grain and other offerings every day.
True, during the Millennium, the Levites of the house of Zadok will be doing the office of priest, to come near to the King with His holy things. The rest of the Levites will be guardians of the gates of His house, to offer burnt offerings and minister to the people. (Ezek 44)

Ezekiel 45:13-25 The details of and the dates for making all the sacrifices and offerings on the Altar of the Temple.
Once again, you have provided abundant prophecy of Scripture for the animal sacrifices, by the priesthood of saved natural Hebrews and Jews during Christ's Millennium.

All of which are in just as much detail, as they were by the law of Moses.

To reject them or to symbolize them into not coming to pass, is to make all such prophecies, and their prophets to be false.

When a prophet speaketh in the name of the LORD, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the thing which the LORD hath not spoken, but the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him.

Isaiah 60:6-7 Livestock in droves will be in the Land to serve your needs, as acceptable offerings on My Altar and I will adorn My glorious Temple.
Amen again. Excellent work. I don't need to look up all the Scriptures you've given, but just record them.

And animal rights' activists aside, they will be in service to the King of Kings on earth.

The context of these scriptures proves that all this will be for the last days’ period before the Return of Jesus. What will happen during the Millennium isn’t told to us, although there will be priest’s then. Revelation 20:6
Are you saying, that the saints of God will build themselves their own temple of stone, and sacrifice with burnt offering to the Lord Jesus Christ?

Otherwise, all Scriptures you quoted are only after the Lord's coming again and during His Millennium.

And if there is such a Christianity in Jerusalem, it will more likely be the corrupted ministry of the last great antichrist, that is built by himself for his own glory. The only churches of God will be scattered assemblies of their own households, etc...

But the prophecies are certainly not speaking of unbelieving Jews in their own Jews religion. No more than they were, when they rejected Jesus and began persecuting His saints on earth.

But we know there will be no Temple in Eternity. Revelation 21:22
True. Other than God and the Lamb.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?” (1 Corinthians 3:16)

“Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.” (1 Peter 2:5)

It’s that simple.
This is true for the temple of God today on earth, which is the body of Christ. In it will sit the last great antichrist ministering himself as God and Head of the body. (2 Thess)

The temple and worshippers are also the body of Christ measured in judgment of righteousness. (Rev 11)

However, there are no measured rooms of cubits' length in the Lord's resurrected body, nor His temple of saints on earth.

Jeremiah is not a false prophet, where the prophecies of distinct measured dimensions of the King's house will not come to pass.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Accepting Robert's Millennium requires asking a pertinent question. Tell us Mr. Derrick: Do the animal sacrifices atone for sins committed during your millennium?
Ezekiel only prophecies of offerings for sin, but says nothing of atonement.

They will be offered by sinners, ministered by Levites at the gates, and used to feed the priesthood of the King.

I suppose you could have looked that up for yourself, Mr. Gedge.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hebrews 10
8 Above when he said, Sacrifice and offering and burnt offerings and offering for sin thou wouldest not, neither hadst pleasure therein; which are offered by the law;
I appreciate the honest effort to correct me by Scripture.

A question here is why the Lord ever commanded animals sacrifices in the first place, if they are so sinful to Him.

The Scripture is not condemning animal sacrifices, but only showing that as with the death of the wicked, no killing of His creatures is pleasurable to Him, though necessary at times.

The commandment of thou shalt not kill, is not only for man, and yet the Lord once commanded His own people to kill all the people and their cattle. As well as make animal sacrifices to Himself.

Neither the law of Moses nor animal sacrifices are now necessary to be atoned for today in Christ Jesus.

9 Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second.
10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.
You are mixing up Scripture, by mixing in your own tradition.

Taking away the first, does not mean for all time, only for now. The Levitical priesthood has been removed from out of the Lord's sight for now, but those of the house of Zadok will once again come near to Him as priests, and the rest will be guardians of the gates of the King's house on earth.

It is only the offering of the body of Jesus, that is once for all.

Does Paul make Ezekiel a false prophet by declaring that the first sacrifices were taken away once for all to establish the second Sacrifice?
No, only those who say his prophecy will not come to pass as written, because they declare it is become sin to make animal sacrifice once for all time.

Last edited:

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. Ezekiel did not write about the Millennium. What he described was a pattern God wanted Israel to follow. It was an ideal life under the old covenant but Israel never followed that pattern. It was NOT prophecy.
And, lo, thou art unto them as a very lovely song of one that hath a pleasant voice, and can play well on an instrument: for they hear thy words, but they do them not.

And when this cometh to pass, (lo, it will come,) then shall they know that a prophet hath been among them.

Yes, it is prophecy.

Now, if you want to say it is prophecy fulfilled before the Lord's reign on earth, then do so.

Calling it illustration or symbol or not prophecy at all, doesn't do away with the prophecy coming to pass, if it is prophecy of God.

All prophecy in Scripture is the oath of God, that He himself promises to bring to pass, and no man's deeds will disanull it.

Ezekiel is prophesying what the Lord will have done as King of glory on earth. It is not an idealist fable for men to try and construct on their own.

The prophecy is exactly what the King's house will be during His Millennial reign on earth.

If not, then it is only a false idealized fable:

And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Do they all say those sacrifices are the atonement for the Temple? [or House}
So they aren't for personal sin covering, but to sanctify the Temple.
In post 10 you said:

"As Ezekiel 45:20 says: they cover for those who make mistakes and for the simple minded."

So which is it?

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Do you have Scripture proving that the King's house in Ezekiel will be made with hands of His own saved people in His earthly kingdom? Or even His resurrected saints.
Not the resurrected martyrs. They will be the Priests and co-rulers for King Jesus. Revelation 20:6b
WE Christians will build the new Temple. Zechariah 6:15, Zechariah 8:7-9
Otherwise, all Scriptures you quoted are only after the Lord's coming again and during His Millennium.
No,
The new Temple will be built before Jesus Returns. He will Return to it and reign from it. Zechariah 14:16-21

Please refer to my website for many more articles on the subject of the Temple and of all the Prophetic Word.

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
In post 10 you said:

"As Ezekiel 45:20 says: they cover for those who make mistakes and for the simple minded."

So which is it?
Simple! Those offerings and sacrifices in the new Temple are for covering and for sanctification, But mainly they are for the glory of God, as Isaiah 56:7, Ezekiel 20:40-41, Jeremiah 33:18, tell us.

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Simple! Those offerings and sacrifices in the new Temple are for covering and for sanctification, But mainly they are for the glory of God, as Isaiah 56:7, Ezekiel 20:40-41, Jeremiah 33:18, tell us.
Simpler!! Covering/atonement of whom?

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Once again, no Scripture says any offering nor sacrifice made to the Lord God, is become sinful

You sure did put a lot of words in my mouth.

Christ takes sins away.

Sacrifices are no longer needed.

“For the law having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect. For then would they not have ceased to be offered? because that the worshippers once purged should have had no more conscience of sins.” (Hebrews 10:1-2)

God hasn’t had pleasure in those sacrifices. Why would they be needed ever again?

“In burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin thou hast had no pleasure.” (Hebrews 10:6)

Reactions: WPM

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Simpler!! Covering/atonement of whom?
Why do you want me to repeat myself. Ezekiel 45:29 says who.
Christ takes sins away.

Sacrifices are no longer needed.
We all know the redemptive and atoning sacrifice of Jesus. No further sacrifice for our sins is required, but from the Prophesies, we know that God does ask for them again in a new Temple.
It just isn't good enough for people like you to ignore or reject the many Prophesies which prove there will be a new Temple and we Christians will worship in it. Zechariah 1:16-17

Status
Not open for further replies.