Faith-based tattoo: as a result of one, did you ever talk with someone? (Poll included)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Faith-based tattoo: as a result of one, did you ever talk with someone?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Yes she had the original tat redesigned.
@Taken

Good to keep praying for her, right? that she may learn from God's Word and her experiences.

What can usefully be remembered also is that ppl with tattoos not unusually will go back to the artist after some years anyway if there is a bit of ink fading and have an existing tattoo touched up with a bit more pigment. It's not necessarily going to be a re-design. Shows also how a good, longer term relationship with a tattoo artist can be helpful.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Not sure I would judge someone who wanted to get ink.
@Eternally Grateful I agree, yes. I may have mentioned that my wife and I talked to a young lady with John 3.16 machined in ink into her wrist; it led to our conversation; other conversations have doubtless arisen also; going to the tattoo parlor is exactly the sort of thing that young ladies might do; she seemed to have a quiet demeanor and also confidently desired to go for it.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
If it works- go for it. ..New generation, new ideas to present the gospel! Love them all!

@Ronald Nolette I do think that grandparents these days ought just quietly to get accustomed to the idea that it's something that their earnest, Christian grandsons and granddaughers might well go for.

II may have mentioned that my wife and I talked to a young lady with John 3.16 machined in ink into her wrist; it led to our conversation; other conversations have doubtless arisen also; going to the tattoo parlor is exactly the sort of thing that young ladies might do; she seemed to have a quiet demeanor and also confidently desired to go for it.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
No sweat, my friend. :D

How do you like my makeover?
@Qoheleth Yes, looks rather striking....

Like you said, if Christians do make 'informed, uninhibited, and conscientious decisions', then I guess it's all part of Romans 14 Christian liberty - esp. when the inking is for faith based designs often used as talking points in witness. All the young ppl with Bible verses tattooed with whom I have talked seem to have had them done as witness tools.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Qoheleth Yes, looks rather striking....

Like you said, if Christians do make 'informed, uninhibited, and conscientious decisions', then I guess it's all part of Romans 14 Christian liberty - esp. when the inking is for faith based designs often used as talking points in witness. All the young ppl with Bible verses tattooed with whom I have talked seem to have had them done as witness tools.
You're kinda mixing your own words with mine in my mouth there but, oh well...

To each their own kick, man, you dig?

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Ronald Nolette I do think that grandparents these days ought just quietly to get accustomed to the idea that it's something that their earnest, Christian grandsons and granddaughers might well go for.

II may have mentioned that my wife and I talked to a young lady with John 3.16 machined in ink into her wrist; it led to our conversation; other conversations have doubtless arisen also; going to the tattoo parlor is exactly the sort of thing that young ladies might do; she seemed to have a quiet demeanor and also confidently desired to go for it.

Old habits die hard! Especially in old crusty salts!!!:) Too many people have the mindset that if I didn't do it, it probably isn't good.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do think that grandparents these days ought just quietly to get accustomed to the idea that it's something that their earnest, Christian grandsons and granddaughers might well go for.
quietly...
because they are earnest...

Interesting how, so often, the rights of some seem somehow to outweigh those of others

"Be quiet, for they are earnest."

Just thinking out loud

Usually never a good idea

unless you're young... and earnest

Hafa Adai

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I did do it. It was a bad idea.
@Qoheleth I guess...if a young Christian does think it a good idea - e.g., to receive a John 3.16 inking on the wrist for witness tool purposes (as the young lady did with whom my wife and I talked) - then maybe the least one can do is not give her a hard time for it....

(In fact, encouraging the young person in Gospel witness can even be a good thing.....)

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@L3astAm0ngManyB13ss3d (Maybe just as well respond here...topically...)

Seems like you are now rather keen to leave behind your un-inked skin at certain placements in order to have ready made tattoo parlor inked up lead-ins to talk to ppl all about what you want to talk about...

Is there a good parlor near you?

Oh yes,we have several really good artist that myself and my daughter both know.

I figure that life has left enough scars, so I'm going to add beauty,although our scars have meaning as well !

Reactions: farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Oh yes,we have several really good artist that myself and my daughter both know.

I figure that life has left enough scars, so I'm going to add beauty,although our scars have meaning as well !
@L3astAm0ngManyB13ss3d

Oh so you've got an advantage over other tattooee hopefuls in that your daughter seems to know all the good artists in your area; maybe even through her that you got to know them...

Sounds pretty certain that your daughter already is herself nicely inked up.

Your warm anticipation is getting quite apparent.

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
She only has two.
One is a small crescent moon and star on her side. The other is huge,bigger than a plate on her upper thigh of a lion, she is an August baby, Leo.