Faith-based tattoo: as a result of one, did you ever talk with someone? (Poll included)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Faith-based tattoo: as a result of one, did you ever talk with someone?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
@Naomi25 Thanks for the 'like'; yes, it's Christian young ppl evidently with prayerful attitudes that sometimes do seem to get inked up with Scripture.

Last edited:
Reactions: Naomi25

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
@Seven of Nine FYI....did you see/vote in the poll, above? (Sorry if I've asked you before; can't remember...)

You're in Texas, right?

I saw this quote:

greenvneck said:
I would be hard-pressed to come up with more than a handful of names of my friends who DON'T have at least one tattoo--and we are all suburban homeschooling moms, ages ranging from early-30s to mid-50s, living in conservative North Texas.
forums dot thewelltrainedmind dot com

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I think I have seen it more than once, but I cannot recall any specific ones besides the one I shared here.

If I see that gentleman again I will pay more attention to the verse he has on his arm.
@Rudometkin Sound like he lives in your area, anyway. The young lady that my wife and I talked to who had the whole of John 3.16 tattooed on her wrist area lives out West; we are unlikely to be seeing her. I also talked to a young man with the same verse tattooed on his arm and he likely lives in my area; but I have not seen him lately.

There is no doubt; having such a tattoo done does work in bringing about conversations with ppl; in the end I guess it depends to some extent also on the wearer's willingness to use it as a tool in conversation with ppl, right? (even though the Word can and is a silent witness).

The significant spread of getting tattoos among women - especially young women - as well as men has also no doubt contributed to the increasingly widespread existence of faith based tattoos.

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you ever going to answer my questions?

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I've seen some gorgeous tats...

Yes, and it's become widespread for brides to regard them as an enhancement.

@CharismaticLady
6ecf66025876626ca50d294ec47584cc--tattooed-couples-tattooed-brides.jpg

pinterest

Last edited:

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
No more ink for me. I have enough pain in my life, and I regret the one I have. It just isn't a choice for me.
What is your fascination with them, if I may ask.

@Acolyte A while ago you said:
I think a tattoo used for witnessing would give much joy. Younger people seeing it would think this person loved God so much, he could open the door to plant a seed.
They can anyway be an effective means for witness conversations.

Did you vote in the poll, yet?

Reactions: Acolyte

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Also ...I have another daughter with a tattoo. She is the oldest.
@TLHKAJ Well, really it's a generational thing now, isn't it? When young ppl - esp. young women - get to a certain age it's what so many of them expect to do now, isn't it?

A lot of young Christians feel it's a really good way to express something faith related.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@TLHKAJ Well, really it's a generational thing now, isn't it? When young ppl - esp. young women - get to a certain age it's what so many of them expect to do now, isn't it?

A lot of young Christians feel it's a really good way to express something faith related.
Idk if I'd say it's a generational thing. I think with my middle daughter, she had a couple friends who had tattoos. I'm grateful my daughter didn't get a huge one. She doesn't need any enhancement. She's absolutely beautiful, as are my other daughters. No improvement needed. :) But if she did, I'd love her just the same. We're very close.

My oldest got hers to keep the name of her daughter (who was stolen) over her heart.❤

Last edited: