Faith healings don't happen anymore; can you prove otherwise? (Either the age has passed or it has not)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How are you certain that God never heals today? Are we just supposed to dismiss anyone who says they have been healed by God to support that belief?

A woman from the Netherlands was recently healed at a service from a debilitating physical condition that left her bedridden and relying on others. I still have the testimony she typed. I remember her attitude before she was healed. She loved the Lord and was going to follow Him whether He healed her or not.

But when she told me how she was healed by God and had a whole life to live now, I rejoiced!

Did you read and address the original op?

I never said anything about God never heals.

Claims from others does not mean I will believe it - I will be skeptical.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You wanna know what God has healed me from?

A hateful, greedy, heart that hated human beings.

Sometimes that hate still comes out, but it is much more dampened, @Wynona.

I dont have no fully complex testimony.

Just a came in contact with Jesus and overtime it was learned that having faith and love was the most important things.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Idk if that is true. Could be, may not be, don't have it on video just have hearsay, therefore it is a subjective experience and maybe it is true.

it doesn't bother me, and hopefully it doesn't bother you that I am skeptical.
Yes I think Wynona is right. Why are you doubting peoples testimonies? Do you also doubt the testimonies in the bible? It doesn't sound like you doubt the bible.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did you read and address the original op?

I never said anything about God never heals.

Claims from others does not mean I will believe it - I will be skeptical.
But why doesn't thinks like this happen today??

It's because the age that once was done away with an no longer needed. Jesus healed phsyically to show he was from God, it was God who healed by and through him, and then you have the Apostles who went and healed, even cast out demons, even raised the dead. Sometimes they did not have enough faith, or it required fasting and prayer for something ot be cast out.

You clearly said Jesus no longer physically heals today.

How are you figuring that there is no physical healing from the Lord today? You said you were skeptical. Why not doubt your doubts?

Reactions: amadeus

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You clearly said Jesus no longer physically heals today.

How are you figuring that there is no physical healing from the Lord today? You said you were skeptical. Why not doubt your doubts?

Have you seen JEsus walk up and touch you and heal you of something?

He is there with you by the Spirit of Christ, and he heals the darkness and blindness of the soul that leads to hatred, and greed.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes I think Wynona is right. Why are you doubting peoples testimonies? Do you also doubt the testimonies in the bible? It doesn't sound like you doubt the bible.

Who said that it is in the rules, that one can't be skeptical? If you find that for me, Ill glad retract all of this thread. You're also making assumptions of things I never did say.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you seen JEsus walk up and touch you and heal you of something?

He is there with you by the Spirit of Christ, and he heals the darkness and blindness of the soul that leads to hatred, and greed.
He also gives believers the power to heal physical sickness in His name.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He also gives believers the power to heal physical sickness in His name.
Where is that in scripture? Or is that just something you made up? You can't just say things like that Wynona.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Depends, it could help me in the direction if I find out it was Jesus talking to his disciples.

Or if he was talking to a crowd of people,

or it was an apostles promise that you could heal people by touch...

There is a difference here too your not understanding,

There was phsyical healings in the 1st century, but in the age we live in now, there is not...

And it is not because you are of little faith - its because those miracles were needed to show the power of God was among those people in that time before the desturction of Israel and the doing away of that "TIME AND AGE".

@Wynona.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here's Paul addressing the people in Corinth:

1 Corinthians 12:9 to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healings by the same Spirit,

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus talked to his disciples and told him he would be with them until the end of the world or age.

What was that age? That age was the Mosaic law, age... of everything Material.

Today in a fulfilled age where Jesus Christ had done it all, everything is now done by the spiritual means.

That means true healing deals with the soul... not just the outward apperence.

But I guess me finding JEsus and having a heart full of greed and hatred having been changed doesn't mean anything ...

not good enough to be admired of God's healing the heart and mind.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 14: 12-14

12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

14 If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.

1 Corinthians 12:8-10

King James Version

8 For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;
9 To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;
10 To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here's Paul addressing the people in Corinth:

1 Corinthians 12:9 to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healings by the same Spirit,
John 14: 12-14

12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

14 If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.

1 Corinthians 12:8-10​

King James Version​

8 For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;
9 To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;
10 To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:

The age of that time had not ended. So those things were going on full swing.

But can you show me it today?

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Depends, it could help me in the direction if I find out it was Jesus talking to his disciples.

Or if he was talking to a crowd of people,

or it was an apostles promise that you could heal people by touch...

There is a difference here too your not understanding,

There was phsyical healings in the 1st century, but in the age we live in now, there is not...

And it is not because you are of little faith - its because those miracles were needed to show the power of God was among those people in that time before the desturction of Israel and the doing away of that "TIME AND AGE".

@Wynona.
Scripture for this?

Where does the Bible say that only the disciples during the first century could physically heal?

Where does it say that that ceased?

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

This is a strange conversation as you have yet to prove that these things have ended. Where does it say that in the bible where it gives a date to when they will end?

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You made the topic. You show me that it has ended from Scripture, if you can.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You made the topic. You show me that it has ended from Scripture, if you can.

There probably is not one, however why doesn't a person with cancer be healed when you touch them ? Is it because you have little faith?

This is a strange conversation as you have yet to prove that these things have ended. Where does it say that in the bible where it gives a date to when they will end?

It's estacthologically based, in the end of that age.

It all depends on what you believe in the aspect of everything has been completed or it has not.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
REMEMEBER I AM NOT SAYING GOD DOES NOT HEAL.

I am saying that those gifts that they had which you seen JEsus do through the GOspel and the disicples back then.

What happened to them? Why dont they still go on?

have you ever raised the dead?

have you ever healed the eyes of a blind person?

have you ever touched someone and healed the cut on their arm?

Or have you ever touched someone who had a hand that couldnt move and make it move?

Reactions: Aunty Jane

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Wynona,

this about as close as I can get

It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears.

1 Corinthians 13: about propheices and tongues, and knowledge. (coming to an end) I think this is realitve to death of the natural body.

Not sure if I can find one about healings ending but it still begs the questions that are left unanswered in Post 39.