Faith healings don't happen anymore; can you prove otherwise? (Either the age has passed or it has not)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No one cares about testimony

every body worried about proving their point....

Lol, not that I suspect or desire for it to be noticed as it is so minimum.

I use to have a heart that wanted to murder my mother...
I use to have a heart that did not care for anyone.
I use to have a heart of bitter hatred,

and sometmies that hatred still comes out, so my apologies.

healings are so much more important aren't they compared to a changed heart...

guys

come on?
It's not that I don't care about your testimony. But the OP is about supernatural faith healing not happening today, so I wanted to stay on topic.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry for the harshness, it's the coming off of the stuff I can be irritable of course I dont think I treated you like trash like I did my mother the other day. Cheers. (we already made up), and love remember no wrong doings always remember keep praying.
Thank you MatthewG. No worries, I know debate can get a little snippy, and perhaps I was being a harsh critic as well. I'm just trying to help people on the forum. I take doubt seriously as you can see. I'll try to lighten up. Cheers!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If faith it hope in things not seen,

if you are healed the hope is gone @amadeus

its like waiting for Grandma to bring cookies for Christmas, you wait for her to show up, looking out the window, and when she shows up the hope is gone...

you realize that?

That is why we wait and hope for eternal being with God at the end of life...

when it is all over the hope will be accomplished.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
REMEMEBER I AM NOT SAYING GOD DOES NOT HEAL.

I am saying that those gifts that they had which you seen JEsus do through the GOspel and the disicples back then.
I believe that my pastor's father did have the gift of healing. He did heal many people as witnessed by many people. Those people may all be dead now, but my old pastor was still alive as testifying to it until he died at the age of 97 this past November.

Reactions: amigo de christo

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The hope of the Christian

should be to go and be with God.

At the end of life.

While lving a life of suffering for Christ denying yourself, and allowing the spirit to move you as you are lead to help people come to the Lord if possible and teach them, and admonish and to pray with them and give HOPE.

now our psyhical body is gonna die yall

maybe you get a few more years to live but it is all in hope of escaping this world into a world where there is no more death, no more sorrow, no more tears, no more pain.

Make the best of it while you got time.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No one cares about testimony

every body worried about proving their point....

Lol, not that I suspect or desire for it to be noticed as it is so minimum.

I use to have a heart that wanted to murder my mother...
I use to have a heart that did not care for anyone.
I use to have a heart of bitter hatred,

and sometmies that hatred still comes out, so my apologies.

healings are so much more important aren't they compared to a changed heart...

guys

come on?

Still a long road to go on the road to recovery, maybe a year would be good maybe 10. All my life was spent using drugs, and running away from problems, and hating on people to no end until JEsus came along.
You just proved your own point . Folks here are telling you about healings and etc
and you just say , I AINT GONNA BELEIVE YOU . You got your own mind made up mathew .

But what i say to you i would say to all . OPEN BIBLE , READ BIBLE , LOVE BIBLE , get well learned IN BIBLE .
Do not read it to prove me wrong or you right . Do not read it to try and prove yourself right .
JUST READ and EMBRACE IT and DO it for YOURSELF . Get well dug in it . Pray to GOD
with a willing heart and ask Him for TRUTH . THEN OPEN BIBLE , READ BIBLE , STAY READING BIBLE
Stay in prayer , KEEP reading bible , keep in prayer , love what you read and dont try and twist it
to suit your own ideas , RATHER LET THE TRUTH FORM IN YOUR MIND . LET THE TRUTH FORM YOUR MIND .
Hurry mathew . Open bible . read bible , stay in bible , love bible and watch
as through the days , weeks , months and years HOW IT WILL FORM A SOLID TRUTH OF PURE DOCTRINE
upon thy heart and in thy mind by the HOLY GHOST . And it will be ROCK SOLID
you will no longer be tossed to and fro by the whims of men gone wrong . OPEN that BIBLE mathew and GET UP IN ON IT my friend .
And hurry .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you MatthewG. No worries, I know debate can get a little snippy, and perhaps I was being a harsh critic as well. I'm just trying to help people on the forum. I take doubt seriously as you can see. I'll try to lighten up. Cheers!

It's all subjective Devin.

God doesn't love you less, or me less, or wynona less, or Amadues less, if they dont believe they can heal or if they do believe they can be used to heal.

In fact, as Christians we can support others by and through ediification of love and having faith for God to give us the right words whether it be encouragement, admonishment, or the like-manner.

People are very critical about healings and I get that, I dont believe they happen like they use to but that doesn't mean I doubt that bible.

The greatest healing I believe that happens today, is not the cancer being removed, or the autism being removed, or scitzophrenia being removed.

What I believe to be the greatest healing as @Wynona wanted to stay on topic about is the healing of the human heart (soul).

That is my final word on all of it.

Cause it's not that God fixes you and then loves you.

You were already broken and God loved you anyway, and his own son died for you, and was raised again.

He still loves all four of us, and amigo to which he is on ignore list.

Reactions: Cassandra

GTW27

Dec 6, 2018
wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And these signs will accompany those who believe: in My Name they will cast out demons; they will speak in new tongues; they will pick up serpents, and if they drink any thing, it will not hurt them; they will lay their hands on the sick, and they will recover.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amigo has been banned for life at sites , put often on ignore lists , digital ghettos and etc .
Wait i was talking about my self in the third person . But anyway , mathew i dont put anyone on ignore .
Not even ol jim who followed me around daily hurling insults .
For two reasons really . ONE , maybe i can help the person , and TWO if they bring false teachings
i do want to expose those teachings so , yeah its for the others too .

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If faith it hope in things not seen,

if you are healed the hope is gone @amadeus

its like waiting for Grandma to bring cookies for Christmas, you wait for her to show up, looking out the window, and when she shows up the hope is gone...

you realize that?

That is why we wait and hope for eternal being with God at the end of life...

when it is all over the hope will be accomplished.
You cannot talk me out of his testimony or my own.

I also have personal testimonies which I have not posted. I won't now because they would not change your mind. Either you believe God is able to work through people for physical as well as spiritual healings today, or you do not.

You may not be able to help the fact that you doubt, but more than once you have denied flatly the possibility that you are in error regarding the cessation of the gifts of God. Why when you did not know, but only doubted did you not simply remain silent?

Read the title of your thread, this thread, and consider what you are saying. You are asking for proof but what proof would you accept? You have already decided you are right. Am I wrong?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you haven't found a Scripture to back up your claim about the gifts ceasing, but you don't believe any testimonies about physical faith healing today.

Sometimes, people with cancer are healed by faith. But if I had laid hands on someone and healed them and told you about it, you said you would not believe it.
I had forgotten about a dear sister I knew personally who had brain cancer and God healed her, but even though the proof exists that this happened in Oklahoma less than 10 years ago would a skeptical person or Christian believe it?

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You cannot talk me out of his testimony or my own.

I also have personal testimonies which I have not posted. I won't now because they would not change your mind. Either you believe God is able to work through people for physical as well as spiritual healings today, or you do not.

You may not be able to help the fact that you doubt, but more than once you have denied flatly the possibility that you are in error regarding the cessation of the gifts of God. Why when you did not know, but only doubted did you not simply remain silent?

Read the title of your thread, this thread, and consider what you are saying. You are asking for proof but what proof would you accept? You have already decided you are right. Am I wrong?
Bingo my friend . its like the athiest , show me proof , or etc . PROOF could be shown and STILL they would find fault .
IF they saw a miracle for example , THEY would try and scientifically prove it aint a miracle from GOD
rather a freak occurence . THOSE whose minds are made up on a lie , WONT BELEIVE no matter what .
The moment this man admits he is in error , is the moment he is gonna doubt his entire mindset about
what and who HE thinks GOD is . HE gonna realize something . THIS IS WHY i am trying to get him back into the bible .
SO HE CAN SEE what HE needs to SEE . I watch mathew as i do others .
His reasonings are full of MENS WISDOM , HE is trying to see and learn things THROUGH THAT LENS .
AND IT CANNOT BE SEEN through that lens . The carnal mind , its wisdom , cannot lead one to GOD
the carnal mind IS ENMITY with the Things of GOD . Mathew needs a serious wake up call .
I can see real clearly the path he is on . I was on one like it . I DID NOT KNOW JESUS .
I thought i did , I DID NOT . He needs to get into the bible and start learning THAT GOD , HIS CHRIST
the simple truth .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
this definitely helps not wanna go do drugs

thank you men and women.
Faith in men and women is also important in some sense of the word faith. You could try an NA meeting where people can help you stay off drugs.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amigo has been banned for life at sites , put often on ignore lists , digital ghettos and etc .
Wait i was talking about my self in the third person . But anyway , mathew i dont put anyone on ignore .
Not even ol jim who followed me around daily hurling insults .
For two reasons really . ONE , maybe i can help the person , and TWO if they bring false teachings
i do want to expose those teachings so , yeah its for the others too .
In the 15 years I have been on this forum I also have had people get on my case about what I believed and what I was doing, but I never have put anyone on ignore. God may work through me to help someone.

• Love