Faith healings don't happen anymore; can you prove otherwise? (Either the age has passed or it has not)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There probably is not one, however why doesn't a person with cancer be healed when you touch them ? Is it because you have little faith?

So you haven't found a Scripture to back up your claim about the gifts ceasing, but you don't believe any testimonies about physical faith healing today.

Sometimes, people with cancer are healed by faith. But if I had laid hands on someone and healed them and told you about it, you said you would not believe it.

You admit you don't have all the answers. The reason you don't believe in faith healing today is because you don't want to. Which is fine. People can do as they please. But just be clear that its your opinion only. You can't try to limit other people's experiences and testimonies with no solid verses or proof that they never happened.

And yes, often I believe our faith is too small to heal people. Its really hard to not have doubts when praying for healing.

Reactions: amadeus

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Gifts of the spirit was something purposeful,

It was passed on by the apostles to others but the apostles are no longer around to pass anything on to anyone they are all dead.

Jesus Christ, and his gift of healing was from God with in him.
He healed and cast out demons out of people, he made the blind see, and he made those who were in chains, free.

The Apostles, went along and did as Jesus was telling them they would do, and thus it furthed the truth about the Lord Jesus Christ and what he was about, and that God was real and the holy spirit was gonna be there with them as they went and spread the Gospel first to the Jews and then to the Gentiles.

There was also a warning - to turn to God and be saved by repenting - which would save you from God's wrath which was gonna fall out with-in a generation of time, and that would be the END OF THE AGE I keep talking about.

No one invalidating anything realitve to their experience, @Wynona. They may believe and choose to believe and live how they choose to in respect to God.

And it wouldn't just because I wouldn't believe you, its just I would like to be able to do it too, however i doubt anything like that has happened in the world since the first century Christians, unless God happened to so take out a Cancer himself, or help the doctor do it.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Therefore it is a gray territory that people should be weary of anyone claiming to heal...

Dont sent your money to them. Dont stop taking your blood pressure pills.

Don't risk your life, for something that could not work out. Go to the doctor if you can.

And most certainly do not lose faith.

Reactions: Cassandra

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are countless numbers of people out there who have claimed to be healed by others, however still died from cancer or other ailments.

This not to knock God who can perhaps heal something inside of you, but that doesn't even mean God had a touch at all either... You might have started eating right and your ailments start healing up. You may have just simply stopped worry as much and had less an anxiety and your ailments heal up as you trust God even if you were to die.

So what is there to believe about these things?

Thank you for sharing a story, of long ago, Amadeus, I am skeptical of it.
Why are you skeptical? Do you think I made it up? I knew my old pastor for many years and I heard that testimony years before I had even heard of this forum. In all my years of serving God I only known one other man who was living as close to God as my old pastor. He would not lie. He did not make up the story. He also related to me and others many of the healings which resulted from his father's ministry while a teacher and preacher of the gospel. He witnessed personally many of those healings. He himself was also healed physically.

Why is this testimony less valid than what you read in the 4 gospels of the Bible? Did you know any of the gospel writers personally? Did God give you a personal revelation that the Bible stories were all true?

You doubt that there was such a healing, but I do have the names of the man healed and the name of the doctor whose words were cited. The written records may still exist in Canada, but even you saw them would you be believe? Why did you start this thread if you are unwilling to consider what people might say? What kind of proof would you need that would be acceptable to you? Consider the following words from the Bible:

Joh 20:24But Thomas, one of the twelve, called Didymus, was not with them when Jesus came.
Joh 20:25The other disciples therefore said unto him, We have seen the Lord. But he said unto them, Except I shall see in his hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and thrust my hand into his side, I will not believe.
Joh 20:26And after eight days again his disciples were within, and Thomas with them: then came Jesus, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, Peace be unto you.
Joh 20:27Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing.
Joh 20:28And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.
Joh 20:29Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I dont think you made it up, @amadeus.

Just no one here is really answering the hard hitting questions here.

If someone doesn't heal someone they just claim - they lack the faith to do it and just not being real with themselves that perhaps those gifts have done passed away.

No one jumped and applauded my testimony not like I need anyone too.

Simply had a change of heart from a greedy, mean, dark heart who hated other people.

God changed that around. That was my testimony and will only be it.

Not shooting stars, only just hearing about Jesus a few times that got me go and seek out why my heart was so dark.

It has nothing to do with doubting...

I dont doubt God can heal, but I do doubt human beings have the ability to heal others - except by and through the sharing of the Word itself.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Wynona,

this about as close as I can get

It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears.

1 Corinthians 13: about propheices and tongues, and knowledge. (coming to an end) I think this is realitve to death of the natural body.

Not sure if I can find one about healings ending but it still begs the questions that are left unanswered in Post 39.
That doesn't say when they will end. So you haven't proved anything.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And it wouldn't just because I wouldn't believe you, its just I would like to be able to do it too, however i doubt anything like that has happened in the world since the first century Christians, unless God happened to so take out a Cancer himself, or help the doctor do it.
I believe you can. I believe I can. But to have faith and not doubt is actually really hard. Jesus said its a matter of faith but that, I think, does not just come naturally.

Like your "end of age" comment, for example. Somewhere, someone mentioned or wrote that and you grasped onto it to explain why you haven't personally witnessed a physical healing. But you didn't get it from the Bible.

We want to make sense of things and we don't want to get our hopes up only to get disappointed. But Jesus challenges us to hope, risk, and believe anyway.

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you doubt God, that is on you my friend. Not me. Miracles still happen I dont doubt that.

I think you don't understand the original post if you did not read it before joining here, to share.

Same thing with Amadeus.

I believe you both just posted just to post like I tend to do sometimes.
No, I posted because it is a testimony which I believe to be true. Check out human sources if you will, as to what affect chorine gas has on human lungs when breathed.

• Love
Reactions: amigo de christo

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, I posted because it is a testimony which I believe to be true. Check out human sources if you will, as to what affect chorine gas has on human lungs when breathed.
miracles happen

I havent said that God doesn't heal.

I am just saying human beings cant heal. Doctors are a help.

Only God can.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe you can.
God can. I cant. That is difference.
I believe I can. But to have faith and not doubt is actually really hard. Jesus said its a matter of faith but that, I think, does not just come naturally.
Did Jesus tell you that or his disciples though, I am confused.

Do you believe we live in JEsus timeline?

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You will be combative anyway, can you just walk away?
Interesting @MatthewG but this is not your personal forum or thread. I will provide proper testimony and interpretation of the scripture so that people that read this will not fall into doubt.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Interesting @MatthewG but this is not your personal forum or thread. I will provide proper testimony and interpretation of the scripture so that people that read this will not fall into doubt.
Okay you may do what you like, but ill just put you on ignore. Hope all the best for you and your brother.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay you may do what you like, but ill just put you on ignore. Hope all the best for you and your brother.
That's your decision and your attempts to make me feel not welcome here are noted.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have to say this does help not go out and chase after drugs.

Thank you everyone for your dialouge.

Still no one has proved that gifts of the spirits still happen today.

Claims of healings by God and that is all fine and great, but no claims of laying hands and healing others.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's your decision and your attempts to make me feel not welcome here are noted.
Sorry for the harshness, it's the coming off of the stuff I can be irritable of course I dont think I treated you like trash like I did my mother the other day. Cheers. (we already made up), and love remember no wrong doings always remember keep praying.

Reactions: dev553344

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No one cares about testimony

every body worried about proving their point....

Lol, not that I suspect or desire for it to be noticed as it is so minimum.

I use to have a heart that wanted to murder my mother...
I use to have a heart that did not care for anyone.
I use to have a heart of bitter hatred,

and sometmies that hatred still comes out, so my apologies.

healings are so much more important aren't they compared to a changed heart...

guys

come on?

Still a long road to go on the road to recovery, maybe a year would be good maybe 10. All my life was spent using drugs, and running away from problems, and hating on people to no end until JEsus came along.

Reactions: Cassandra

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why are you skeptical? Do you think I made it up? I knew my old pastor for many years and I heard that testimony years before I had even heard of this forum. In all my years of serving God I only known one other man who was living as close to God as my old pastor. He would not lie. He did not make up the story. He also related to me and others many of the healings which resulted from his father's ministry while a teacher and preacher of the gospel. He witnessed personally many of those healings. He himself was also healed physically.

Why is this testimony less valid than what you read in the 4 gospels of the Bible? Did you know any of the gospel writers personally? Did God give you a personal revelation that the Bible stories were all true?

You doubt that there was such a healing, but I do have the names of the man healed and the name of the doctor whose words were cited. The written records may still exist in Canada, but even you saw them would you be believe? Why did you start this thread if you are unwilling to consider what people might say? What kind of proof would you need that would be acceptable to you? Consider the following words from the Bible:

Joh 20:24But Thomas, one of the twelve, called Didymus, was not with them when Jesus came.
Joh 20:25The other disciples therefore said unto him, We have seen the Lord. But he said unto them, Except I shall see in his hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and thrust my hand into his side, I will not believe.
Joh 20:26And after eight days again his disciples were within, and Thomas with them: then came Jesus, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, Peace be unto you.
Joh 20:27Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing.
Joh 20:28And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.
Joh 20:29Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.
He knows if he has to beleive this , the rest of the doctrine he has learned about many other things , is gonna come
crashing down . He must fight and continue to fight to resist the truth . That is very sad to see . But he aint alone
either . Many folks can even see truth but if it contradicts their own trapped minds , they will never see it AS TRUTH .
Many have went down a real bad road amadeus . preterism and other isms have caused many schisms
and much confusion .
You will see this mindset in anyone who does not want to let go of a lie .
IF you brought them to a forest , they will still find fault and say , THAT AINT NO FOREST
its just billions upon billions of trees . They can see the trees but cannot see the forest .
mathew got engrained into preterism and other things . The doctrines of men with agendas
will cloud the heart and the mind and though a man brings them to a beach
and shows them this beach and beautfiul ocean , they will say , that aint no beach its billions of tons of sand
and that aint no ocean its just trilliions of gallons of salt water . THEY always resist my friend .
The only thing i can do for mathew is , pray for him , and yes i must expose the dangerous teachings
he does bring . Let us pray for him to come to the true simplicity , the plain and pure and simple walk
of the LORD CHRIST JESUS . where the bible is our friend and we have no need to twist it or to sit under men who do so .
Many folks can get things cleared up , pretty quick too , if they would simply say
WELL i will just read the bible for myself daily . IF they do that with no agenda in mind
but just cause the truth is their desire , I am telling us things could have been cleared up quite fast .
I HAVE SEEN IT . So let us pray he gets back into the bible for himself and just reads it for himself
through the lens and the doctrines of NO OTHER MAN . Watch what would happen if he did that .

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God can. I cant. That is difference.

Did Jesus tell you that or his disciples though, I am confused.

Do you believe we live in JEsus timeline?
The same power that resurrected Jesus is in us (Romans 8:11). It's God in us that does the healing. We could never heal supernaturally on our own.

Jesus' timeline is what we live in yes. But I am not in agreement with cessationism, which is the belief that certain spiritual gifts were only for a certain age.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So if I find the Scriptures, that will help the discussion?
I would be very surprised if it made any difference. He is skeptical. Is that a bad thing? It could be when according to the written scriptures we are to live for God by faith, which as is written in the Bible is ...

the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. [Heb 11:1]