Faith healings don't happen anymore; can you prove otherwise? (Either the age has passed or it has not)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So

have people been healed that are mentally ill, or have broken legs, or any other kind of disorders?

My mom has to go to the doctor thursday to get a kidney stone out...

it was not prayed out nor passed cause its too big to pass....

It's a damn shame to lie to people ... why do we have doctors if they aren't needed for some reason or another?

People will deceive people... not good.

Reactions: The Learner

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To me the biggest healing is of the heart... from a heart that doesn't love God to a heart that does love God.

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To me the biggest healing is of the heart... from a heart that doesn't love God to a heart that does love God.
Psalm 136
King James Version
136 O give thanks unto the Lord; for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever.

2 O give thanks unto the God of gods: for his mercy endureth for ever.

3 O give thanks to the Lord of lords: for his mercy endureth for ever.

4 To him who alone doeth great wonders: for his mercy endureth for ever.

5 To him that by wisdom made the heavens: for his mercy endureth for ever.

6 To him that stretched out the earth above the waters: for his mercy endureth for ever.

7 To him that made great lights: for his mercy endureth for ever:

8 The sun to rule by day: for his mercy endureth for ever:

9 The moon and stars to rule by night: for his mercy endureth for ever.

10 To him that smote Egypt in their firstborn: for his mercy endureth for ever:

11 And brought out Israel from among them: for his mercy endureth for ever:

12 With a strong hand, and with a stretched out arm: for his mercy endureth for ever.

13 To him which divided the Red sea into parts: for his mercy endureth for ever:

14 And made Israel to pass through the midst of it: for his mercy endureth for ever:

15 But overthrew Pharaoh and his host in the Red sea: for his mercy endureth for ever.

16 To him which led his people through the wilderness: for his mercy endureth for ever.

17 To him which smote great kings: for his mercy endureth for ever:

18 And slew famous kings: for his mercy endureth for ever:

19 Sihon king of the Amorites: for his mercy endureth for ever:

20 And Og the king of Bashan: for his mercy endureth for ever:

21 And gave their land for an heritage: for his mercy endureth for ever:

22 Even an heritage unto Israel his servant: for his mercy endureth for ever.

23 Who remembered us in our low estate: for his mercy endureth for ever:

24 And hath redeemed us from our enemies: for his mercy endureth for ever.

25 Who giveth food to all flesh: for his mercy endureth for ever.

26 O give thanks unto the God of heaven: for his mercy endureth for ever.

Jericho

Aug 10, 2023
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This woman went to my church, and I've met her son too, so I know this story is 100% true:

I've also seen my nephew healed from kidney failure in a miraculous way. I know healing can happen.

Last edited:

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes there are Faith Healing Scams out there.
And most of us know who these guys are.

Yet, real healings still happen.
Don't focus on the bad guys.

The Lord is the same yesterday, today and forever.
Focus on Jesus. Don't focus on people.

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What stopped are raising people from the dead and it stopped with the apostles. Its only the Born Again from above, the anointed elect of Jesus's chosen people that have other gifts. Those scam artists on TV are not Christians at all, and its all about money. Hired Photographers, and hired actors get healed, not real people. They are like reality TV; they go on Christian stations to promote a book, for money. All the real healings never make it in the news and I'm sure healings take place all over the world.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The healing of the heart is the greatest thing a person can go through @Triumph1300 ... no amount of healing done to the body should keep one in faith to God... we are born to die in this world. However if you are able to get your health going right by use of the doctors, its a good thing to praise God, even if his will is not to give you health.

It was probably your own choice, that God let you decide what you wanna do that got you there in the first place.....

I swear I wish I wouldn't have smoked so much meth, and marijauana in my life. Also the way I worked and been lazy with my body... I suffer with the consequences I chose. still gotta praise God though!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Psalm 136
King James Version
136 O give thanks unto the Lord; for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever.

2 O give thanks unto the God of gods: for his mercy endureth for ever.

3 O give thanks to the Lord of lords: for his mercy endureth for ever.

4 To him who alone doeth great wonders: for his mercy endureth for ever.

5 To him that by wisdom made the heavens: for his mercy endureth for ever.

6 To him that stretched out the earth above the waters: for his mercy endureth for ever.

7 To him that made great lights: for his mercy endureth for ever:

8 The sun to rule by day: for his mercy endureth for ever:

9 The moon and stars to rule by night: for his mercy endureth for ever.

10 To him that smote Egypt in their firstborn: for his mercy endureth for ever:

11 And brought out Israel from among them: for his mercy endureth for ever:

12 With a strong hand, and with a stretched out arm: for his mercy endureth for ever.

13 To him which divided the Red sea into parts: for his mercy endureth for ever:

14 And made Israel to pass through the midst of it: for his mercy endureth for ever:

15 But overthrew Pharaoh and his host in the Red sea: for his mercy endureth for ever.

16 To him which led his people through the wilderness: for his mercy endureth for ever.

17 To him which smote great kings: for his mercy endureth for ever:

18 And slew famous kings: for his mercy endureth for ever:

19 Sihon king of the Amorites: for his mercy endureth for ever:

20 And Og the king of Bashan: for his mercy endureth for ever:

21 And gave their land for an heritage: for his mercy endureth for ever:

22 Even an heritage unto Israel his servant: for his mercy endureth for ever.

23 Who remembered us in our low estate: for his mercy endureth for ever:

24 And hath redeemed us from our enemies: for his mercy endureth for ever.

25 Who giveth food to all flesh: for his mercy endureth for ever.

26 O give thanks unto the God of heaven: for his mercy endureth for ever.

Thank you The Learner!

• Love

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why don't people see miracles today? Satan has been busy in 'church'!

2 Corinthians 11
14 Satan himself transforms himself into an angel of light.
15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also transform themselves into ministers of righteousness,

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What stopped are raising people from the dead and it stopped with the apostles.
How do you know?
Do you back that up with scripture?
Did Paul say "This is it, no more raising people from the dead!!"
Or do you just pull that out of your head, because you have noticed a bunch of false events?

Are you saying Jesus was a liar when He said I am the same yesterday, today and forever??????

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Even Nero raised people back up from the dead, from report of Jospehus, @Triumph1300.

People can also decieve others like the Egyptian magicians, who came and performed 'acts.'

While you may believe that "faith healings or proclaim that you have seen or have you yourself been healed" all that is just words online. While you may have experienced something, can't really prove it other than medical examinations, documents can be a cause and effect for truth rather than just words.

Can God help the doctor, or help cancer go into resession? Sure, can God do anything that is possible in faith?

Can people lay hands on people and just heal them today?

I am not so sure ... but you will say "you dont have enough faith matthew" I just say its all bologna...

Heal a blind man then I might believe you... however... the biggest healing that can happen to a human is one of the heart - a new spiritual heart, new birth.

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
While you may believe that "faith healings or proclaim that you have seen or have you yourself been healed" all that is just words online.
Ah well, so your words are also "just" words online.
That ends the discussion about anything.

But so far I have not seen any biblical evidence that healings don't happen today anymore.

You might as wel stop praying for your sick loved ones when you believe this kind of stuff.
Stop praying for "anything" in regards to peoples health.

Sure glad I don't attend a church where they preach this stuff.

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Can people lay hands on people and just heal them today?

I am not so sure ... but you will say "you dont have enough faith matthew"
I never said anything like that during this discussion.
You don't have a clue what I would say.

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How do you know?
Or do you just pull that out of your head, because you have noticed a bunch of false events?

Are you saying Jesus was a liar when He said I am the same yesterday, today and forever??????
stop attacking me. Why would I call Jesus a liar. Just ask me a question and don't throw insults.

First I've studied. I've been to more church's than you've been in your lifetime. Nobody have been raised from the dead by a so called apostle.. I'm not saying people don't Legally die in the hospital and suddenly start breathing again. Can you sight on story of an apostle laying hands on someone and raise them from the dead after 4 days and stinking in the last century.?

• Love

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Triumph1300

“Therefore I exhort first of all that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks be made for all men, for kings and all who are in authority, that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and reverence.”
‭‭I Timothy‬ ‭2‬:‭1‬-‭2‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Its good to pray. However its not good if you get upset cause God doesnt give you what you want.

Remeber when Jacob? Got his hip broken when he wrestled with God?

Somethings prayed about when it comes to healing doesnt mean you dont go to the doctor…

Cause then you might just continue to get sick and die…

Sure you can have faith God may heal you; but that doesnt mean its gonna be true either.

Thats why its important to be mature, in Christ and relaize doctors exist for a reason. And sometimes though even doctors can do a bad job, its all about trusting God through whatever happens no matter what… but be wise enough to go seek for a docters help if you need it.

Im glad Paul wrote this to timothy above, but im also glad what james wrote too.

“My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing. If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him. But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind. For let not that man suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord; he is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways.”
‭‭James‬ ‭1‬:‭2‬-‭8‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Good wisdom to remember.

“Where do wars and fights come from among you? Do they not come from your desires for pleasure that war in your members? You lust and do not have. You murder and covet and cannot obtain. You fight and war. Yet you do not have because you do not ask. You ask and do not receive, because you ask amiss, that you may spend it on your pleasures.”
‭‭James‬ ‭4‬:‭1‬-‭3‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

“Adulterers and adulteresses! Do you not know that friendship with the world is enmity with God? Whoever therefore wants to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God. Or do you think that the Scripture says in vain, “The Spirit who dwells in us yearns jealously”? But He gives more grace. Therefore He says: “God resists the proud, But gives grace to the humble.””
‭‭James‬ ‭4‬:‭4‬-‭6‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Some people who have “faith healed” could be caught in being proud, while im not saying God cant heal people, those who act like they do and others are only supplmented for a moment with an ease of pain due to a dopamine rush or something and they only feel better for a short period of time is a scam, and a lie.

Last edited:

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another good verse in James as well,

13 Is any one of you suffering? He should pray. Is anyone cheerful? He should sing praises. 14 Is any one of you sick? He should call the elders of the church to pray over him and anoint him with oil in the name of the Lord. 15 And the prayer offered in faith will restore the one who is sick. The Lord will raise him up. If he has sinned, he will be forgiven.

Not everyone has a assembly they go to, cause Church has maligned some people in general. However, those in that day, would go to an assembly all the time, and they would have elders of the assembly and anoint people with oil in the name of the Lord. And in that time (not to say it doesn't happen today), people would be healed by the laying on hands of the apostles, here though it just says anoint a person with oil, and for the elders to pray over them, and the prayer offered in faith will restore the one who is sick...

I had this done to me one time... and it was weird but it overall was a nice gesture from that very small group of people who done that for me. I have also seen people do it not to long ago but it was a bigger group of people, pentacostal but ... Idk I just dont get in to their whole thing they do really. But there is nothing wrong with praying and including God in ones life, in Jesus name at all.

I am not against what has been written as being true, as it was true and is true. Sometimes the sickness we have is not always a bodily sickness, it could be a sickness of the heart.

The master, Jesus, spoke very well of the sickness of the heart,

10 When He had called the multitude to Himself, He said to them, “Hear and understand: 11 Not what goes into the mouth defiles a man; but what comes out of the mouth, this defiles a man.”

12 Then His disciples came and said to Him, “Do You know that the Pharisees were offended when they heard this saying?”

13 But He answered and said, “Every plant which My heavenly Father has not planted will be uprooted. 14 Let them alone. They are blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind leads the blind, both will fall into a ditch.”

15 Then Peter answered and said to Him, “Explain this parable to us.”

16 So Jesus said, “Are you also still without understanding? 17 Do you not yet understand that whatever enters the mouth goes into the stomach and is eliminated? 18 But those things which proceed out of the mouth come from the heart, and they defile a man. 19 For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies. 20 These are the things which defile a man, but to eat with unwashed hands does not defile a man.”

There was also the time when Paul wrote to the Corinthians in his first letter, about the man who had sex with his step mother-in-law and bragging about in church, and after his first letter, in the second letter, he sought them to forgive the person, and embrace him in order to perhaps encourage him in the faith.

There are really great and wonderful lessons found in the bible, and the greatest healing is a heart that is changed toward God. To pray, and to love God and love others, is a great and wonderful thing, and the bible clearly teaches that it's not a bad thing to do; only when it comes to selfish motives and reasonings it becomes a problem.

Everyone is responsible for how they conduct their lives - be it including God or excluding God in or out of it, and even in their decision makings.

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This woman went to my church, and I've met her son too, so I know this story is 100% true:

I've also seen my nephew healed from kidney failure in a miraculous way. I know healing can happen.
My computer does not have sound.

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes there are Faith Healing Scams out there.
And most of us know who these guys are.

Yet, real healings still happen.
Don't focus on the bad guys.

The Lord is the same yesterday, today and forever.
Focus on Jesus. Don't focus on people.
"The Lord is the same yesterday, today and forever." relates to his Divine Nature. It does not relate to how G_d behaves in all Dispensations or Covenants. I am not a dispensationalist.

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How do you know?

"Are you saying Jesus was a liar when He said I am the same yesterday, today and forever??????"
1693610361995.png1693610382147.png1693610435881.png1693610480194.png