Faith or sin

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
This is assuming that we will be judged by our beliefs rather than our works.

Where in the whole bible does it say we will be judged by what we believed?

And yet how many times do we read that we will all be judged by our works and we will reap as we have sown?
I agree.
The discussion WAS regarding works....
Read the post again.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Keep their experience to themselves, huh? Sounds more like not trying to build each other up in our trust...but I could be wrong.

Let me try and clear up how and why I used the word ‘experience(s)’ for you, in my previous post. I see you have a little concern with it.

Even good intentions in the sharing of one’s personal triumphs, that one considers a representation of spiritual maturity and experience, even presented in a caring and loving manner, and given many times can appear to a carnal or immature believer as intimidation, unneeded pressure, arrogance and pride. It is a sensitive area that Paul thought important to place in writing.

All good then I hope,

Bless you,

APAK

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Let me try and clear up how and why I used the word ‘experience(s)’ for you, in my previous post. I see you have a little concern with it.

Even good intentions in the sharing of one’s personal triumphs, that one considers a representation of spiritual maturity and experience, even presented in a caring and loving manner, and given many times can appear to a carnal or immature believer as intimidation, unneeded pressure, arrogance and pride. It is a sensitive area that Paul thought important to place in writing.

All good then I hope,

Bless you,

APAK
Hi A,
I maybe shouldn't comment since I don't know what the other member posted...
Just want to say that you're right -- there's a fine line between testifying for encouragement and prideful statements.

I like to give the benefit of the doubt and believe most persons are trying to lift us up.

Reactions: APAK

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Keep their experience to themselves, huh? Sounds more like not trying to build each other up in our trust...but I could be wrong.

I just feel like sometimes people see epi as arrogant for sharing his experience with us, as if he is looking down on us as holier than thou.

So sometimes I read too much into a post and imagine he is being attacked when he probably isnt and I've just misunderstood.

I've seen some of epi's heart and that isn't it. He has more of the heart of a father, like he says to children on Christmas afternoon, hey, look guys, calm down and listen, look over there - there's more you didn't see to unwrap!

And I think he is fiercely protective of us if anyone tries to convince that no, there are no more gifts, there's nothing more, and he's just lying to us to make himself look holy. That isn't his heart.

And he has the best discernment I have ever seen. That sometimes comes across as arrogant when he asks questions of someone. But his heart is for all of us And he is not a puffed up man. I know though that it is possible for light to look like darkness to us.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you know anything about the history of the Israelites after their coming out of Egypt, you would know that almost all of them perished in the wilderness BECAUSE OF UNBELIEF. So they were definitely NOT saved. Indeed at one point God would have destroyed all of them for their idolatry and disobedience had Moses not interceded for them.
Are you not simply playing with words? They were most definitely saved from their bondage in Egypt. People often speak of salvation as if it were only the final saving at the end of their time here. It is that, but we are also saved along the way as God blocks some of the evil things that come against us... but as with Job, He does NOT block everything always. The time to be ready to be with God is now... even if many tomorrows may remain to us. But, we do not know that... that is that we have many tomorrows left. People are often on that slippery slope we hear some speak about and sometimes they lose their focus on Jesus and slide backward. This need not be the final loss, but it could be. What did the unnamed prophet of I Kings 13 have from God until he failed to use it as he should? What did he lose?

We, all of us who have met the Master and abided with Him for even a moment, have been saved. But, if we never learn to stop looking back at the things of this world more often than we look at or for His face, we may lose what we thought that we had. Consider what Peter did when he began to sink into the water. He called to the Lord for help but some in his situation do not and they sink on down into that water.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Are you not simply playing with words?
No I am not playing with words. Deliverance from Egyptian bondage was NOT the same as salvation by grace through faith. And as recorded in Scripture, only two men -- Joshua and Caleb -- were saved by grace. I have already provided the relevant Scriptures, but a study of the Torah will confirm this.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If He didn't spare the natural branches neither will He spare us.

Rom. 11 21 for if God did not spare the natural branches, He will not spare you, either.

Salvation is a race of faith..run to win.
Yes, run to win, but unlike the natural races of competitors in track it is not only the very first that finishes that is declared the winner:

"...but he that endureth to the end shall be saved." Matt 10:22

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
No I am not playing with words. Deliverance from Egyptian bondage was NOT the same as salvation by grace through faith. And as recorded in Scripture, only two men -- Joshua and Caleb -- were saved by grace. I have already provided the relevant Scriptures, but a study of the Torah will confirm this.

What? Oh my...a total confusion of standards. God offered the very same salvation to all of Israel. Only Jacob and Caleb had that unlimited/unconditional faith in God in every situation. They were faithful...they did not have more grace.

Man. Talk about missing the lesson.

What God is looking for is what I call jumpers. Leapers in faith. People who will throw themselves onto Him. People who see God and not the situation. Think David facing Goliath.

But the rarity of that is evident. There are not many...if any...Stephen's and Paul's among us.

Last edited:

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So, by looking to another believer as a yardstick of maturity or immaturity in Christ, is futile.

Well as long as we are seeing the maturity in others as something good...and not in the immaturity of pride...then not so much.

Paul said...

1 Cor. 11:1 Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

My point is simply that salvation along the way does occur but it is not a final salvation until the person has completed his race. This does not mean that God does not bless people along the way and save them from many stumbling blocks even though they do not make it to the end with Him. It is the final step that makes the difference in the salvation of which you speak. A person who quits before taking that final step receives no final reward in spite of the blessings which included 'savings' received along the way. Who among us has not been blessed?

Last edited:

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
My point is simply that salvation along the way does occur but it is not a final salvation until the person has completed his race. This does not mean that God does not bless people along the way and save them from many stumbling blocks even thought they do not make it to the end with Him. It is the final step that makes the difference in the salvation of which you speak. A person who quits before taking that final step receives no final reward in spite of the blessings which included 'savings' received along the way. Who among us has not been blessed?

Right on John! God is always being faithful but is His faithfulness rubbing off on us? Are we learning to be righteous?

Are we happy with the will of God and His ways?

May the peace of Christ disturb us...even scandalize us..into some kind of conformity to Him.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What? Oh my...a total confusion of standards. God offered the very same salvation to all of Israel. Only Jacob and Caleb had that unlimited/unconditional faith in God in every situation. They were faithful...they did not have more grace.

Man. Talk about missing the lesson.

What God is looking for is what I call jumpers. Leapers in faith. People who will throw themselves onto Him. People who see God and not the situation. Think David facing Goliath.

But the rarity of that is evident. There are not many...if any...Stephen's and Paul's among us.

Epi, what are your thoughts on Moses concerning this? That he was given more so more was expected of him?

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well as long as we are seeing the maturity in others as something good...and not in the immaturity of pride...then not so much.

Paul said...

1 Cor. 11:1 Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ.
That's really is not to my point though. Seeing and observing maturity in others over time of course is always good. And yet this can be deceptive and unreliable. And some even mimic this behavior as maturity, as you pointed out with Paul, as an example. And of course no one should mimic was it sensed as prideful behavior. Although folks are apt to quick judgment of any 'hurt' they feel as caused by a prideful soul -and thus labeled as a sure sign of immaturity, to ignore in the future.

And because of both of these judgments if not make in Spirit and made by the carnal mind for of maturity as in Paul, and pride as immaturity in say, posters on a chat site, we cannot use these as the yardstick we measure ourselves by. It is unreliable. It cannot be as each believer grows in Christ differently and we are all affected by our emotions and weakness in the spirit. We work out our own salvation indeed and how our walk is measured by our spirit with the Spirit of God. We must discard the carnal mind and judge in Spirit of ourselves and others, that is the true yardstick, if this can be possible.

Bless you,

APAK

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Could you explain this part more? I didn't understand you.

Although folks are apt to quick judgment of any 'hurt' they feel as caused by a prideful soul -and thus labeled as a sure sign of immaturity, to ignore in the future.

Bless you,

APAK

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Could you explain this part more? I didn't understand you.
Short answer: Emotions from the carnal spirit rules the heart from time to time rather that the Spirit. It make for poor judgments...not reliable.

A little longer answer: Biblical discernment is done in Spirit to discern the spirits of people and to judge the heart. One has to be know these people well though, over time and especially being in their physical proximity. There are many spirits of people that operate with other influences of by other spirits of people, and even demons that attempt to control their behavior. Spiritual warfare is abounding!

Bless you,

APAK

Last edited:

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Epi, what are your thoughts on Moses concerning this? That he was given more so more was expected of him?

I think that's it. His punishment was a temporal one...of not being allowed to see the promised land. But yet there was no eternal lasting effect. Like David.

All sin has consequences...but some is eternal and some is temporal.

But to whom much is given...more is required.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I could almost swear that this is not APAK...it doesn't even seem to be the way you normally speak...

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think that's it. His punishment was a temporal one...of not being allowed to see the promised land. But yet there was no eternal lasting effect. Like David.

All sin has consequences...but some is eternal and some is temporal.

But to whom much is given...more is required.

Sin unto death and sin not unto death...