Faith or sin

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Its just that I've talked with Byrd about this and my thought was that to trust(have faith) and to believe were only different in this respect: that when you say you trust God, you sometimes prove that you don't ( by worrying over temporal provision, for instance). So you can be saying you trust while proving you really don't!

But when I read what you posted (Satan believes God exists, in fact, he knows darn well that God exists!), ...oh dear, it popped back out of my head...

Abandon post...abandon post! :rolleyes::p

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Its just that I've talked with Byrd about this and my thought was that to trust(have faith) and to believe were only different in this respect: that when you say you trust God, you sometimes prove that you don't ( by worrying over temporal provision, for instance). So you can be saying you trust while proving you really don't!

But when I read what you posted (Satan believes God exists, in fact, he knows darn well that God exists!), ...oh dear, it popped back out of my head...
It's overwhelming, yes? I DO write things down but, then lose them...when I finally find it...the convo is already well past the point I wanted to bring to the table...too little, too late o_O

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Its like the apostle said, you say you believe in God (believe He exists). Well good for you, Satan also believes God exists! So...now what? You believe the same thing Satan believes. Now what?

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Its like the apostle said, you say you believe in God (believe He exists). Well good for you, Satan also believes God exists! So...now what? You believe the same thing Satan believes. Now what?
I guess, just believing is not gonna cut it? All we do should be done in faith so as to please God? I think this has also something to do with "good works"...?

Reactions: amadeus

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

That means by the modern definition (held by many) that satan has a saving faith...since he believes that Jesus died for the sins of the world. Or is it...we have to believe selfishly that Jesus died for MY sins to be saved...so that leaves the devil out?! (The devil isn't thinking selfishly enough for that kind of salvation?!)

We will not be judged for our beliefs whether we believe Jesus died for us or not. He in fact died for the sins of the whole world...it isn't ..."for God so loved the church"...as many would have us believe. That is playing to a seeking of advantage over others.

It's what we do with that knowledge and understanding that justifies us or condemns us. The best response of all is to go to God in order to give ourselves to Him as a living sacrifice for His purpose in the world.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So its like epi says - will God reward us for our belief? Will he reward Satan for his belief?

Hmm funny. Faith/Belief...Byrrd was talking about this earlier. I think our faith is rewarded as we cannot please God without it...then we have that scripture that say's "Lord, I believe; help my unbelief!" I have said those words before. My faith has grown much in just the past few years, yeah, had a growing spurt, lol.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That means by the modern definition (held by many) that satan has a saving faith...since he believes that Jesus died for the sins of the world. Or is it...we have to believe selfishly that Jesus died for MY sins to be saved...so that leaves the devil out?! (The devil isn't thinking selfishly enough for that kind of salvation?!)

We will not be judged for our beliefs whether we believe Jesus died for us or not. He in fact died for the sins of the whole world...it isn't ..."for God so loved the church"...as many would have us believe. That is playing to a seeking of advantage over others.

It's what we do with that knowledge and understanding that justifies us or condemns us. The best response of all is to go to God in order to give ourselves to Him as a living sacrifice for His purpose in the world.

"It's what we do with that knowledge and understanding that justifies us or condemns us."
This is where the rubber hits the road then, eh? It is hard sometimes to know exactly what God wants from us, in certain situations. There is a man, he's maybe about 40 something. He comes to the food pantry and then goes to the AA meeting they have there on the pantry days. He knew I was a Christian so he walks up to me and (this was the National day of prayer about a month or so ago. He mentioned to me that it was the national day of prayer and, he wished he could go to Church where he used to but, he does not drive and he moved too far away to get there. It happens to be the same Church I go to but, a different and closer campus they just opened last year so, I offered him a ride. So, picked him up that next Sunday...he went right to the front of the sanctuary and just lifted his arms up for a bit, then sat with some woman he knew from our same neighborhood. The following Sunday, he say's he can't make it that day, not feeling good. The NEXT Sunday, he says he's out in Holland Ny, which is about 45 minutes in the opposite direction than the Church. The next time it was, well I'm not in S. Buffalo anymore I am in Kenmore...now, I'm sorry but, there is just no way I can be driving all over the place to pick this (obviously) not very stable man (whom I really do not know other than to hand him food when he comes by my station) Does God want me to be using up all my gas for this person? Why can't he take buses? And, another time, recently...looked like a family with a couple teens
hitchhiking...they had cardboard sign but I couldn't make it out. I was momentarily thinking God wanted me to pick them up and then, wisdom kicked in...at least I THINK it was wisdom, and I kept driving but, throughout the day, I wondered if God was asking me to pick them up and take them where they needed to go? These are the grey areas I have a tough time with. Is it really God telling me to do something, or is it the impostor trying to dupe me into a dangerous situation?

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"It's what we do with that knowledge and understanding that justifies us or condemns us."
This is where the rubber hits the road then, eh? It is hard sometimes to know exactly what God wants from us, in certain situations. There is a man, he's maybe about 40 something. He comes to the food pantry and then goes to the AA meeting they have there on the pantry days. He knew I was a Christian so he walks up to me and (this was the National day of prayer about a month or so ago. He mentioned to me that it was the national day of prayer and, he wished he could go to Church where he used to but, he does not drive and he moved too far away to get there. It happens to be the same Church I go to but, a different and closer campus they just opened last year so, I offered him a ride. So, picked him up that next Sunday...he went right to the front of the sanctuary and just lifted his arms up for a bit, then sat with some woman he knew from our same neighborhood. The following Sunday, he say's he can't make it that day, not feeling good. The NEXT Sunday, he says he's out in Holland Ny, which is about 45 minutes in the opposite direction than the Church. The next time it was, well I'm not in S. Buffalo anymore I am in Kenmore...now, I'm sorry but, there is just no way I can be driving all over the place to pick this (obviously) not very stable man (whom I really do not know other than to hand him food when he comes by my station) Does God want me to be using up all my gas for this person? Why can't he take buses? And, another time, recently...looked like a family with a couple teens
hitchhiking...they had cardboard sign but I couldn't make it out. I was momentarily thinking God wanted me to pick them up and then, wisdom kicked in...at least I THINK it was wisdom, and I kept driving but, throughout the day, I wondered if God was asking me to pick them up and take them where they needed to go? These are the grey areas I have a tough time with. Is it really God telling me to do something, or is it the impostor trying to dupe me into a dangerous situation?

Ah...these are the things I am hoping the fellowship I am joining next week can help me with.

I hear something from God. I'm pretty sure it's from God. I don't immediately do it or share it. I regret not having immediately done or said what I should have. Then I determine I will, and I do, or try to. But I think...since I didn't move with God immediately, it just comes out all wrong. And the reasons I didn't move immediately are, if I'm as honest as I can try to be, mostly fear of what people will think of me. And the end result of not moving immediately with God is...the thing I feared (to be thought insane) is the thing that happens in the end!!

How strange is THAT?![/QUOTE]

Last edited:

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ah...these are the things I am hoping the fellowship I am joining next week can help me with.

I hear something from God. I'm pretty sure it's from God. I don't immediately do it or share it. I regret not having immediately done or said what I should have. Then I determine I will, and I do, or try to. But I think...since I didn't move with God immediately, it just comes out all wrong. And the reasons I didn't move immediately are, if I'm as honest as I can try to be, mostly fear of what people will think of me. And the end result of not moving immediately with God is...the thing I feared (to be thought insane) is the thing that happens in the end!!

How strange is THAT?!
[/QUOTE]

But as I was getting ready to leave the house it occurred to me that what I said here might scare someone and I should better explain my thought. :)

By saying I hope this is one of the things a fellowship will help me with, I don't mean I want to TALK about it. I have an inkling that probably isn't how a true fellowship will work, but I'm not completely certain because I've only ever been to one and it was a disaster with a capital D!

So when I say I hope a fellowship will help me in this, I mean that the very fact of BEING in a fellowship and seeing and experiencing the anatomy of how the body moves together with the Spirit, will, I hope, just make it clear to me.

Reactions: bbyrd009

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I hear something from God. I'm pretty sure it's from God. I don't immediately do it or share it. I regret not having immediately done or said what I should have. Then I determine I will, and I do, or try to. But I think...since I didn't move with God immediately, it just comes out all wrong. And the reasons I didn't move immediately are, if I'm as honest as I can try to be, mostly fear of what people willnny! think of me. And the end result of not moving immediately with God is...the thing I feared (to be thought insane) is the thing that happens in the end!!

How strange is THAT?!
[/QUOTE]

"I hear something from God. I'm pretty sure it's from God. I don't immediately do it or share it. I regret not having immediately done or said what I should have. Then I determine I will, and I do, or try to. But I think...since I didn't move with God immediately, it just comes out all wrong."

All of that could have come from me and fit to a tee. I am so very happy His mercies are new everyday ♥ And the bolded (mine), so true...missed opportunities MISSED not ness LOST though, ♥

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because, with a lot of spiritual things, talking about it doesn't really practically help anyone, but you must experience it before you can then be helped by any talking about it...

Reactions: bbyrd009 and Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because, with a lot of spiritual things, talking about it doesn't really practically help anyone, but you must experience it before you can then be helped by any talking about it...

The only problem I have with this is that, I cannot place my personal experiences with this awesome journey over Scriptural truth. It took me a very long time to really believe what HE say's about me, not what my experiences say. And, as everybody's experiences and relationship with God is different, He has brought me to a rest in all of this. I thought for a very long time that God and being saved was a "feeling" and, when I saw that I did not respond as some others were...I felt very UN-saved. After a bit over a year, I left the Church (1st Protestant Church I attended) and, realized the people there were running on their emotions and feelings rather than Gods Truth. When I started attending an Assemblies of God Church, the difference was like night and day...it was a breath of very fresh air and, we all praised and worshiped in truth and spirit, there was no confusion, like the 1st Church had. So, going by experiences can be kind of a PTSD with me, lol. It's a good thing I am very open to learning Gods Truth :)

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Short answer: Emotions from the carnal spirit rules the heart from time to time rather that the Spirit. It make for poor judgments...not reliable.

A little longer answer: Biblical discernment is done in Spirit to discern the spirits of people and to judge the heart. One has to be know these people well though, over time and especially being in their physical proximity. There are many spirits of people that operate with other influences of by other spirits of people, and even demons that attempt to control their behavior. Spiritual warfare is abounding!

Bless you,

APAK
If I haven't missed the whole question consider this:

Look at it also in the beginning of Saul and David as kings of Israel. Both were anointed by the same prophet [Samuel] with the same Spirit to be kings of Israel, but what did each do with what he was given? When each one made mistakes how did he react to those mistakes? The one sought to justify himself and blame others. The other acknowledged his errors and was prepared to received the penalties prescribed by the law God gave to Moses.

For us Jesus describes our situation here:

"But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more." Luke 12:48

What is the best that we can do with what we have been given? God knows, but the limitation if there is one, is ours...

Reactions: bbyrd009 and Nancy

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
ha zing

Reactions: Episkopos

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Is it really God telling me to do something, or is it the impostor trying to dupe me into a dangerous situation?
One comes from grace, the other from fear right. Really the biggest, meanest are powerless against an open heart, it just disarms them. You can't really fight no agenda?