Faith Related Tattoos

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Faith related tattoos, which can help start conversations with people,are getting quite popular.So do folks have thoughts & impressions?Take care.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
I hate the sound of tattoos, but why does anyone want to poison their body in which it hurts you even if one doesn't feel it?

Vickie

Feb 26, 2009
QUOTE (farouk @ Mar 30 2009, 09:55 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=71420
Faith related tattoos, which can help start conversations with people,are getting quite popular.So do folks have thoughts & impressions?Take care.
I appreciate the desire to want to exhibit Christ to others, for me, the best and only way is through our actions of love towards others, this draws them better than a tattoo. Just my thoughtsVickie

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Dear Ms. Vickie,Thanks for your thoughts and I see also from your profile that you have had a moving and meaningful personal journey and testimony.Sometimes when people have had a profound deliverance in their testimony experience, they like to commemorate as almost an obligation, in this sense: for example, a lady with the name of an unsuitable ex-bf tattooed on her, eg, 'Bill', might well wish to go back to a parlor and have it modified to reflect her new faith, eg, 'Bill' modified to 'Bible' or something like that. In some circumstances, people feel compelling reasons to have it done.I guess the bottom line in one's thoughts would be that if you had a sister, daughter, etc, who wanted to revise a previous unprofitable tattoo in favor of one that was reflective of the new message she wanted to convey, would you be supportive?(I hope that's not too deep a question.)Take care.QUOTE (Vickie @ Mar 30 2009, 03:28 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=71436
I appreciate the desire to want to exhibit Christ to others, for me, the best and only way is through our actions of love towards others, this draws them better than a tattoo. Just my thoughtsVickie

bethog

Mar 29, 2009
QUOTE (farouk @ Mar 31 2009, 03:38 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=71464
I guess the bottom line in one's thoughts would be that if you had a sister, daughter, etc, who wanted to revise a previous unprofitable tattoo in favor of one that was reflective of the new message she wanted to convey, would you be supportive?(I hope that's not too deep a question.)Take care.
We all have some kind of “scar” which came through our sin before we came to God. Some are physically and others have emotional scars. Our body is the temple of God and we should look after it. Our daughter got her self a tattoo and when she came to God, this was her question too. Should she try to get rid of it? There is a Scripture which speaks against having tattoos. I know that there will be people that will say, now that it is under the Law and we are not under the law, but that is another subject which we can discuss in another thread.What we did and I do believe that we did the right thing, was to pray with our daughter. She asked God to forgive her for what she did and we know God forgave her and now that is under the Blood of Jesus. To go and try to change or get rid of this tattoo is to go on poising her body, therefore she is having this “scar”, but God forgave her and she now living for God and if anybody is asking her about this, she has the testimony that she got save and forgiven. Leviticus 19:28 (New King James Version) You shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor tattoo any marks on you: I am the LORD.

WhiteKnuckle

Mar 29, 2009
I've got many tattoos. I'm not going to get into a debate about it. There are somethings that I've been thinking about before I get another. These should be considered carefully by anyone. Not just debating about Levitcus. These should be asked beyond the health risks, although the risks should be highly considered.1. Why do I want a tattoo? 2. If it's "religious" does God need someone to get a tattoo to "promote" or "help save"?3. Is this a wise investment of my money?4. Is there someone that could use monetary help that I know of?5. What does it mean for the body to be the temple of the Holy Spirit?6. Will I regret it later?7. Does my tattoo have anything to do with the accult? (IE. A Tiki head, tantric skull, dragons, mystical symbols etc etc.8. Is this a temporary solution to a way I'm feeling right now to make me feel better about myself?9. If married, What will my spouse think?10. Am I doing this just to be cool?Pray, and answer those questions and you'll find the answer. I believe it varies from person to person, but if you think it's wrong don't do it.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
Nice questions WhiteKnuckle my clear answers to both as an Atheist (Past) and Christian (since summer 2006) is no. I can't bear to see myself poisoning my body that God created. And tatoos didn't exist before and during Adam & Eve was around. It only existed after sin was existed.And my best example to not use a tattoo is Christ. He had none.

WhiteKnuckle

Mar 29, 2009
QUOTE (Jordan @ Apr 2 2009, 06:19 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=71651
Nice questions WhiteKnuckle my clear answers to both as an Atheist (Past) and Christian (since summer 2006) is no. I can't bear to see myself poisoning my body that God created. And tatoos didn't exist before and during Adam & Eve was around. It only existed after sin was existed.And my best example to not use a tattoo is Christ. He had none.
That's a pretty good example. Hmm, in retrospect, Christ as "a pretty good example" is a huge understatement. Even though I have ink, every time get a new one I think. "Man, this is kinda stupid, I haven't had the same haircut for my whole life, or even worn the same style of clothing my whole life, Now I've gone and given me something permanent I may not even like next year."

Vickie

Feb 26, 2009
QUOTE (farouk @ Mar 30 2009, 08:38 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=71464
Dear Ms. Vickie,Thanks for your thoughts and I see also from your profile that you have had a moving and meaningful personal journey and testimony.Sometimes when people have had a profound deliverance in their testimony experience, they like to commemorate as almost an obligation, in this sense: for example, a lady with the name of an unsuitable ex-bf tattooed on her, eg, 'Bill', might well wish to go back to a parlor and have it modified to reflect her new faith, eg, 'Bill' modified to 'Bible' or something like that. In some circumstances, people feel compelling reasons to have it done.I guess the bottom line in one's thoughts would be that if you had a sister, daughter, etc, who wanted to revise a previous unprofitable tattoo in favor of one that was reflective of the new message she wanted to convey, would you be supportive?(I hope that's not too deep a question.)Take care.
You made me laugh, my daughter 28 yrs while we were out in LA. CA. was visiting with her 1/2 older sister and father. She is of the tribe of Judah and got polluted at a restaurant, Benni Hanna's I think, she and her sister got tattoo's on their necks in Hebrew. She realized the next day that which she thought the tattoo meant didn't mean it, so, she had to figure out something. Now, she has a tattoo across her neck that says nothing, but is design only. She is not happy with her idea of what one night on the town with a half sister cost her....... I still just laugh!!! over 18 your responsible for your actions....aren't we? I think it kinda cute, now she's gotta live with it, or pay to remove it.....the poor dear! Thought you might laugh at this. LOL Vickie

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
QUOTE (Vickie @ Apr 8 2009, 10:41 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=72152
...over 18 your responsible for your actions....aren't we? I think it kinda cute, now she's gotta live with it, or pay to remove it.....the poor dear! ......LOL Vickie
Everybody is not responsible for their actions at exact age of 18. Each person has a different age of accountability. Some may never reach that. Those who never reach that age of accountability, are not responsible as God is not going to hold them responsibility .

WhiteKnuckle

Mar 29, 2009
You gotta lighten up Jordan.
biggrin.gif