Faith: True and False

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jas 2:19 So you're impressed with yourselves that with your emunah you can recite the kri'at Shema, nu? O you do so well...why, even the shedim have your da'as and emunah! But they shudder! [DEVARIM 6:4]
Jas 2:20 Are you willing to have da'as, O hollow man, that Emunah unharnessed to Ma'asim, stands idle?

the: Mat_8:29; Mar_1:24, Mar_5:7; Luk_4:34; Act_16:17, Act_19:15, Act_24:25; Jud_1:6; Rev_20:2-3, Rev_20:10

I would say-intellectual head gnosis, nothing to do with the Lev. Where it really matters.
I'm sorry, this situation is bizarre. I can't understand why you are doing what you are doing--copy-pasting contradictory articles, posting off-topic, refusing to answer simple questions and accusing me of lacking reading comprehension. Lol

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Lol I don't even know what your point is--it looks like you just copy-pasted some information someone else produced (and the two different copy-pastes you did seem to be presenting to contradictory views of the passage)--so how could I try to "deflect" it? Lol

So... were you saying I "misinterpreted" James, since you wrote that (unless it was just "vestigial" from your copy-paste, and you had no intention of saying that to me) or...?

This is bizarre.
I gave you the links-didn't I? No contradictory views on James 2.

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jas 2:19 So you're impressed with yourselves that with your emunah you can recite the kri'at Shema, nu? O you do so well...why, even the shedim have your da'as and emunah! But they shudder! [DEVARIM 6:4]
Jas 2:20 Are you willing to have da'as, O hollow man, that Emunah unharnessed to Ma'asim, stands idle?

the: Mat_8:29; Mar_1:24, Mar_5:7; Luk_4:34; Act_16:17, Act_19:15, Act_24:25; Jud_1:6; Rev_20:2-3, Rev_20:10

I would say-intellectual head gnosis, nothing to do with the Lev. Where it really matters.
Poor reading comprehension-I am ON topic now and you are deflecting.
You literally said "misinterpretation" lol
I'm sorry, this situation is bizarre. I can't understand why you are doing what you are doing--copy-pasting contradictory articles, posting off-topic, refusing to answer simple questions and accusing messages of lacking reading comprehension. Lol
James 3
16For where jealousy and selfish ambition exist, there will be disorder and every vile practice.

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Johann I encourage you to, in one sentence, simply and clearly state what it is you're trying to communicate (other than, "Look at me, everybody, I'm the greatest!") lol

You're falling all over yourself trying to get people to praise you. It's actually embarrassing.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
@Johann I encourage you to, in one sentence, simply and clearly state what it is you're trying to communicate (other than, "Look at me, everybody, I'm the greatest!") lol
You're falling all over yourself.
I'm ON point-and you are OFF point-why the need for any fruitful-edifying discussion? Are you a one or two liner reader?
Anyway-have a nice day.
J.

• Haha
Reactions: GracePeace

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm ON point-and you are OFF point-why the need for any fruitful-edifying discussion? Are you a one or two liner reader?
Anyway-have a nice day.
J.
I do not know if you are on or off topic with these latest posts (though it seems like you are on topic with some of them), because I don't even know what point you're trying to make, and you won't tell me when I ask for clarification LOL

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anyway-have a nice day.
J.
It was confusing, in part, because your first copy-paste post about James 2 seemed to be agreeing with the point I made in the OP, but you seemed to be wanting to disagree with me, because your copy-paste (before I knew it was a copy-paste) seemed to say I "misinterpreted" James, yet that post actually agreed with my view, then you posted another copy-paste that took up the Monergistic view (contrary to my point in the OP). Absolutely confusing.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
It was confusing, in part, because your first copy-paste post about James 2 seemed to be agreeing with the point I made in the OP, but you seemed to be wanting to disagree with me, because your copy-paste (before I knew it was a copy-paste) seemed to say I "misinterpreted" James, yet that post actually agreed with my view, then you posted another copy-paste that took up the Monergistic view (contrary to my point in the OP). Absolutely confusing.
It is-isn't it? Very confusing.

"You believe that God is one" This truth (monotheism) was the first test of orthodoxy for Judaism (cf. Deut. 4:35,39; 6:4-5; Mark 12:29). Yet the demons believe this also (cf. Matt. 4:3; Mark 5:7). Christianity is not only correct doctrine, but a relationship of obedience and love.

Orthodoxy alone, without orthopraxy, is empty (cf. 1 Corinthians 13).

A theological, intellectual commitment to monotheism (cf. Rom. 3:30; 1 Cor. 8:4,6; Eph. 4:6; 1 Tim. 2:5) does not make one right with God. Proper belief cannot save, for who among fallen humanity has perfectly accurate theology?

Salvation through Christ affects the head (doctrine), the heart (volitional trust in Christ), and the hand (lifestyle Christlikeness).

Shalom
J.

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is-isn't it? Very confusing.

"You believe that God is one" This truth (monotheism) was the first test of orthodoxy for Judaism (cf. Deut. 4:35,39; 6:4-5; Mark 12:29). Yet the demons believe this also (cf. Matt. 4:3; Mark 5:7). Christianity is not only correct doctrine, but a relationship of obedience and love.

Orthodoxy alone, without orthopraxy, is empty (cf. 1 Corinthians 13).

A theological, intellectual commitment to monotheism (cf. Rom. 3:30; 1 Cor. 8:4,6; Eph. 4:6; 1 Tim. 2:5) does not make one right with God. Proper belief cannot save, for who among fallen humanity has perfectly accurate theology?

Salvation through Christ affects the head (doctrine), the heart (volitional trust in Christ), and the hand (lifestyle Christlikeness).

Shalom
J.
So, it sounds like you're agreeing with me?
I'm not sure because the last statement you made sounds like you might be disagreeing with me.

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe-maybe not, time will tell.
Well, my view on this issue is expressed in the OP.
You can tell me whether you're agreeing or disagreeing--you're, ostensibly, "responding" to it, right?
Is it clear, or should I clarify?