Faith: True and False

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is that what I said? No it is not.

If you merely want a conversation with yourself, there is no need to tag me on it.

Much love!
Obviously, I know you didn't literally say that, I was showings your how silly your denial of the obvious teaching you were critiquing was--but if you want out of convo, you can just go, you don't have to find fault with me.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And are you saying we can commit idolatry, immorality, etc--sins he is warning us not in commit--and still inherit Gods Kingdom?
Are there ANY sins you can commit and still inherit God's kingdom?

And what when we call out sin for what it really is . . . all that is not of faith? Now where do you stand? I stand in Christ.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
how silly your denial of the obvious teaching
Have you ever considered this may be how others see you? It's your opinion of me, and your opinion of the doctrine. I'm silly, the doctrine is obvious . . . sure thing.

Much love!

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are there ANY sins you can commit and still inherit God's kingdom?

And what when we call out sin for what it really is . . . all that is not of faith? Now where do you stand? I stand in Christ.

Much love!
Does 1 Co 10 warn against committing sins--the very same sins he elsewhere says if you do them you will not inherit Gods Kingdom, and isn't that literally his warning in the passage? That you will be destroyed if you walk in those things?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, Christians can committed idolatry, immorality, etc--sins he warns against in 1 Co 10--and still inherit Gods Kingdom?
What does the Bible say?

Hebrews 12:6-11 KJV
6) For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.
7) If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?
8) But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.
9) Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?
10) For they verily for a few days chastened us after their own pleasure; but he for our profit, that we might be partakers of his holiness.
11) Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby.

Are you His son?

Much love!

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you ever considered this may be how others see you? It's your opinion of me, and your opinion of the doctrine. I'm silly, the doctrine is obvious . . . sure thing.

Much love!
I set out to prove it, and succeeded.

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What does the Bible say?

6) For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.
7) If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?
8) But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.
9) Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?
10) For they verily for a few days chastened us after their own pleasure; but he for our profit, that we might be partakers of his holiness.
11) Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby.

Are you His son?

Much love!
Sorry, I connect 1 Co 10 with 1 Co 6 and see that Paul is warning the Christians that they will be destroyed, despite having been saved, if they don't walk righteously.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry, I connect 1 Co 10 with 1 Co 6 and see that Paul is warning the Christians that they will be destroyed, despite having been saved, if they don't walk righteously.
Do you believe you are God's son?

Much love!

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What does the Bible say?

Are you His son?

Much love!
So, according to you, eternal life isn't at stake in 1 Co 10, despite the fact that the very same sins he's dealing with there are said to be able to keep Christians out of the Kingdom of God (1 Co 6)? People can commit those sins, and eternal life isn't at stake?

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you believe you are God's son?

Much love!
Yeah, God always tells me that, and I don't really know what to make of it. My step father was a Muslim terrorist, and supposedly (I guess logically) having a bad father can affect that.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, according to you, eternal life isn't at stake in 1 Co 10, despite the fact that the very same sins he's dealing with there are said to be able to keep Christians out of the Kingdom of God (1 Co 6)? People can commit those sins, and eternal life isn't at stake?
Are you God's child?

Much love!

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are there sins which are OK to commit without endangering your eternal life?

Much love!
You're trying to change the topic. The issue is you will be destroyed if you do those things, and we see that is defined as "not inherit Gods Kingdom" in 1 Co 6--despite having been saved, just as the Israelites.

Last edited:

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are there sins which are OK to commit without endangering your eternal life?

Much love!
It's not whether the sin is "OK", but, yeah, you're essentially saying that when you deny that the passage deals with eternal life, that only "chastening" will result.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
No, actually, and when I cite Scripture, you try to tear it in pieces so it can fit your tradition. I'll post the passage here, and you'll do the same.

1 Corinthians 10
1For I do not want you to be unaware, brethren, that our fathers were all under the cloud and all passed through the sea; 2and all were baptized into Moses in the cloud and in the sea; 3and all ate the same spiritual food; 4and all drank the same spiritual drink, for they were drinking from a spiritual rock which followed them; and the rock was Christ. 5Nevertheless, with most of them God was not well-pleased; for they were laid low in the wilderness. 6Now these things happened as examples for us, so that we would not crave evil things as they also craved. 7Do not be idolaters, as some of them were; as it is written, “THE PEOPLE SAT DOWN TO EAT AND DRINK, AND STOOD UP TO PLAY.” 8Nor let us act immorally, as some of them did, and twenty-three thousand fell in one day. 9Nor let us try the Lord, as some of them did, and were destroyed by the serpents. 10Nor grumble, as some of them did, and were destroyed by the destroyer. 11Now these things happened to them as an example, and they were written for our instruction, upon whom the ends of the ages have come.

Again, you are unacquainted with Scripture.
Rom 9:1 I say the truth in Christ, I lie not, my conscience also bearing me witness in the Holy Ghost,
Rom 9:2 That I have great heaviness and continual sorrow in my heart.
Rom 9:3 For I could wish that myself were accursed from Christ for my brethren, my kinsmen according to the flesh:
Rom 9:4 Who are Israelites; to whom pertaineth the adoption, and the glory, and the covenants, and the giving of the law, and the service of God, and the promises;
Rom 9:5 Whose are the fathers, and of whom as concerning the flesh Christ came, who is over all, God blessed for ever. Amen.

Rom 9:6 Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:
Rom 9:7 Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called.
Rom 9:8 That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.
Rom 9:9 For this is the word of promise, At this time will I come, and Sara shall have a son.
Rom 9:10 And not only this; but when Rebecca also had conceived by one, even by our father Isaac;
Rom 9:11 (For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth;)
Rom 9:12 It was said unto her, The elder shall serve the younger.
Rom 9:13 As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.
Rom 9:14 What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness with God? God forbid.
Rom 9:15 For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.
Rom 9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.
Rom 9:17 For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee, and that my name might be declared throughout all the earth.
Rom 9:18 Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth.
Rom 9:19 Thou wilt say then unto me, Why doth he yet find fault? For who hath resisted his will?
Rom 9:20 Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus?
Rom 9:21 Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?
Rom 9:22 What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:
Rom 9:23 And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,
Rom 9:24 Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?
Rom 9:25 As he saith also in Osee, I will call them my people, which were not my people; and her beloved, which was not beloved.
Rom 9:26 And it shall come to pass, that in the place where it was said unto them, Ye are not my people; there shall they be called the children of the living God.
Rom 9:27 Esaias also crieth concerning Israel, Though the number of the children of Israel be as the sand of the sea, a remnant shall be saved:
Rom 9:28 For he will finish the work, and cut it short in righteousness: because a short work will the Lord make upon the earth.
Rom 9:29 And as Esaias said before, Except the Lord of Sabaoth had left us a seed, we had been as Sodoma, and been made like unto Gomorrha.

Guess YHVH is not done with the remnant.

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rom 9:1 I say the truth in Christ, I lie not, my conscience also bearing me witness in the Holy Ghost,
Rom 9:2 That I have great heaviness and continual sorrow in my heart.
Rom 9:3 For I could wish that myself were accursed from Christ for my brethren, my kinsmen according to the flesh:
Rom 9:4 Who are Israelites; to whom pertaineth the adoption, and the glory, and the covenants, and the giving of the law, and the service of God, and the promises;
Rom 9:5 Whose are the fathers, and of whom as concerning the flesh Christ came, who is over all, God blessed for ever. Amen.

Rom 9:6 Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:
Rom 9:7 Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called.
Rom 9:8 That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.
Rom 9:9 For this is the word of promise, At this time will I come, and Sara shall have a son.
Rom 9:10 And not only this; but when Rebecca also had conceived by one, even by our father Isaac;
Rom 9:11 (For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth;)
Rom 9:12 It was said unto her, The elder shall serve the younger.
Rom 9:13 As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.
Rom 9:14 What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness with God? God forbid.
Rom 9:15 For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.
Rom 9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.
Rom 9:17 For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee, and that my name might be declared throughout all the earth.
Rom 9:18 Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth.
Rom 9:19 Thou wilt say then unto me, Why doth he yet find fault? For who hath resisted his will?
Rom 9:20 Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus?
Rom 9:21 Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?
Rom 9:22 What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:
Rom 9:23 And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,
Rom 9:24 Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?
Rom 9:25 As he saith also in Osee, I will call them my people, which were not my people; and her beloved, which was not beloved.
Rom 9:26 And it shall come to pass, that in the place where it was said unto them, Ye are not my people; there shall they be called the children of the living God.
Rom 9:27 Esaias also crieth concerning Israel, Though the number of the children of Israel be as the sand of the sea, a remnant shall be saved:
Rom 9:28 For he will finish the work, and cut it short in righteousness: because a short work will the Lord make upon the earth.
Rom 9:29 And as Esaias said before, Except the Lord of Sabaoth had left us a seed, we had been as Sodoma, and been made like unto Gomorrha.

Guess YHVH is not done with the remnant.
Proverbs 18
13If one gives an answer before he hears, it is his folly and shame.

Your "response" presents information that is utterly irrelevant.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's not whether the sin is "OK", but, yeah, you're essentially saying that when you deny that the passage deals with eternal life, that only "chastening" will result.

Stop twisting my words.

Nevermind. I'm no longer interested.

Much love!

Reactions: Johann