Faithin the Spirit

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

arunangelo

Aug 22, 2009
Omaha
surrendersacrifice.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The gospel comes to us by the spirit and by conviction (faith), and not only by word (1Thessalonians 1:5). Christ’s Spirit was revealed on the cross when he accepted the most painful death in order to bring redemption to those who betrayed Him and were unfaithful to Him. In doing this He paid the price for our offenses we committed against Him. To live by the gospel, therefore we must have faith in this Spirit and accept it.

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
So you mean... We believe what the Spirit tells us? We believe that he exists? :)

The purpose of the cross is the new creation which comes after. If we die, we receive new life, that is, die to ourselves.

IanLC

Encounter Team
Mar 22, 2011
North Carolina
We all need the Holy Spirit in our lives which is the spirit of Jesus. He the Holy Spirit dwells in us and keeps us from the power of sin and empowers us to live fruitful lives in Christ. The Holy Spirit also bestows gifts and ministries upon the believer. The Holy Spirit sanctifies and anointes the believer as well as comfort, teach and give revelation and inspiration of the word of God to the believer. the Holy Spirit also makes intercession for us.

"Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God. "(Romans 8:26-27 KJV)

"Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you. All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you." (John 16:13-15 KJV)

Reactions: Prentis