Fall of the American Empire

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BibleScribe

Jun 17, 2011
S.W. USA
References to the four beasts in the book of Daniel are almost universally understood to be ancient empires, not modern ones.
No legitimate scholarly reference I know of admits otherwise.

The angel says they're not ancient, but modern. Both the text and History agree with the angel.

But if you prefer men over Scripture then enjoy their lies. :)

BibleScribe

Your right. Scripture is really of no significance. After all, when men tell us stuff, it's always correct. There are never any failings, any ulterior motive, any ill intents. I trust men implicitly. But Scripture? Nah, -- I would rather to through these intermediaries.

BibleScribe

popeye

Jul 12, 2011
If the scholars don't think the 4 beasts are not modern ones, then that doesn't surprise me a bit. Of course they're modern empires, for the following reasons:

1. Dan 7:9 - "I beheld till the thrones were cast down, and the ancient of days did sit..." - This obviously implies end time empires. HELLO!

2. Dan 7:11 - " I beheld even till the beast was slain, and his body destroyed and given to the burning flame". Again, this happens in The Revelation.

Dan 7:13 & 14 - These statements concern the start of the MK...again an end time event...

Dan 7:18 - The Saints possessing the kingdom, again is an end time event.

Dan 7:19 thru 28 - All this references the end time beast....which is one of the four...

Do you even know what you're talking about, Rjp?

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
References to the four beasts in the book of Daniel are almost universally understood to be ancient empires, not modern ones.
No legitimate scholarly reference I know of admits otherwise.

The predisposition of many to read the red, white and blue into every line of scripture is errant if not nearly heretical. Science learned long ago that the sun moon and stars do not revolve around us, but it does seem that many American Christians have not learned that simple lesson when they open their Bibles. Why are Americans so conceited about their role in the universe? Could it be that the "rockets red glare" has blinded them to God's own truth?

Now it is true that legions of popular bookstore novels utilize American nationalism to tickle folks into buying their swill, and to fill the author's account with royalties. The proof of this is that in the end these people always take liberties with their interpretations, which in turn always turn out to be wrong. I'd hardly lump these snake oil salesmen in the same category as bonafide scholars. Most of them don't even have a college degree, their academic prowess having been limited to some Sunday school certificate they got by mail.

It has been said that American protestantism is in self-destruct mode. One of the reasons why this is true is the fact, clearly illustrated by this exchange, that traditional scholarship and sound teaching have been abandoned for political nationalistic expediency. Every man is wise in his own eyes and ignores the studied experience of his betters. The humility of the student and disciple has been lost in the midst of arrogant presupposition, the greatest of which is that which assumes America in a leading prophetic role.

It just isn't there, brother. One can argue and scream and twist the interpretations from dawn until dusk, but at the end of the day all that's left is a dogma that is riddled with contradictions. The truth has been left in the fog of nationalistic blather.

Let me say it just one more time.
The TRUTH is that America is NOT in the Bible, neither is it directly or indirectly referenced as a participant in any prophecy.

Additionally, extended interpretations of which president of the uSA is Satan's right hand man are equally erroneous as were those of Mussolini, Hitler, Napoleon, et al. It didn't work then boys and girls and it doesn't work now - unless of course you mean to make a quick buck on it.

I never realized you were such an anti-nationalist. The only other thing one can be is an 'internationalist', which of course fits right in with prophecies about the final end time beast system of Revelation 13:1.

There's nothing Biblically wrong with a citizen wanting to serve their country and people, even as a believer on Christ Jesus. Most early Christians in America well knew this, as they saw their nation as having been established by God Himself, which is why the United States has a rich Christian history. Benjamin Franklin even wanted to put Moses and the parting of the Red Sea on the Great Seal of The United States to establish God's founding of the USA.

Just because internationalists exist in America that claim the U.S. used... to be a Christian nation, that does not mean we still are not, for those who want to remove Christ from our minds and hearts can't do that unless we decide to do that first. And I don't see much of rural America allowing that to happen.

Per Bible prophecy, the U.S. represents the 13th tribe of Israel, Manasseh, who was also to become "great" as his brother Ephraim was to become "a multitude of nations" (per Gen.48). Only those who don't have a clue as to what's contained in God's Birthright Promises wouldn't begin to understand this, for those Promises have only been established among God's people in the Christian west since Christ declared He would move His 'vineyard' to another nation that would bear its fruits (Matthew 21).

Judah in Jerusalem lost... the right to rule over Israel, which the northern kingdom of Israel included the majority with the ten northern tribes. Instead, God removed the ten tribes out of the hand of Judah and put it in the hands of Ephraim as head over the ten tribes (1 Kings 11 forward).

If the scholars don't think the 4 beasts are not modern ones, then that doesn't surprise me a bit. Of course they're modern empires, for the following reasons:

1. Dan 7:9 - "I beheld till the thrones were cast down, and the ancient of days did sit..." - This obviously implies end time empires. HELLO!

2. Dan 7:11 - " I beheld even till the beast was slain, and his body destroyed and given to the burning flame". Again, this happens in The Revelation.

Dan 7:13 & 14 - These statements concern the start of the MK...again an end time event...

Dan 7:18 - The Saints possessing the kingdom, again is an end time event.

Dan 7:19 thru 28 - All this references the end time beast....which is one of the four...

Do you even know what you're talking about, Rjp?

That's right, the 4 beasts are most definitely related to end time beasts because of those passages in Daniel 2 & 7.

But what many forget about that in Daniel, they are all revived beasts as part of the 5th beast kingdom over all the earth in the days of Christ's return.

Thus, the old Babylon beast, Medo-Persia beast, Grecia beast, and Roman beast, are all included under the final 5th beast represented by the ten toes of part iron and clay feet.

This is why Daniel was shown the Stone (Christ) will strike that final beast upon its feet, and cause the 'whole' to come tumbling down together.

Edward Palamar

Nov 1, 2011
Pennsylvania, USA
As all are called through Christ, the words to Moses take on a deeper meaning, specifically : "The land I am giving you (says the Lord) is as far as the eye can see." Today, that means that all nations, planets, solar systems and galaxies have been given to Christ's people.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
As all are called through Christ, the words to Moses take on a deeper meaning, specifically : "The land I am giving you (says the Lord) is as far as the eye can see." Today, that means that all nations, planets, solar systems and galaxies have been given to Christ's people.

All that has not... been given yet. If it were not so, there wouldn't be any more rewards given to His saints at His future return. Nor would there be any further need to preach The Gospel to peoples that have yet to hear.

Maybe you ought to get out more and travel around the world a bit, and see the places on earth that God's Presence has left.