False Prophets

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since when did he ever lie?

I know this is CNN (probably considered profanity on here), but judge it by its own merit.

Dale: Reflections on four weird years fact checking every word from Donald Trump - CNNPolitics

You're not going to get to the truth except by searching it out for yourself. If you don't want to know, that's fine. The moderate sites won't get into mudslinging either way and the conservative sites won't say anything damaging against Trump. The liberal sites have to be vetted to find the truth. I don't make the rules--I just recognize them. :)

Reactions: Nancy

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know this is CNN (probably considered profanity on here), but judge it by its own merit.

Dale: Reflections on four weird years fact checking every word from Donald Trump - CNNPolitics

You're not going to get to the truth except by searching it out for yourself. If you don't want to know, that's fine. The moderate sites won't get into mudslinging either way and the conservative sites won't say anything damaging against Trump. The liberal sites have to be vetted to find the truth. I don't make the rules--I just recognize them. :)

I hope you didn't take that the wrong way or anything as in no hard feelings or anything but when somebody starts making claims I just want them to back it up.

Reactions: BarneyFife

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He's never admitted failure in his life. And he's had many.

One of the keys to understanding Trump is that he practices Positive Thinking. That's why you will never hear him discussing failures, and all his words are focused on how great everything is. In some ways, it's an admirable thing to practice. It certainly beats saying, "Everything's going to Hell, and we're all going to suffer and fail and die," LoL.

But that's why you won't hear him talk about negatives. It's not in his mindset.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you have examples to support this claim?
No. I'm kind of an old guy so I forget a lot and Trump's M.O. is something I've just experienced over a space of about 40 years. I think he's been bankrupt several times. No one is going to lay out the truth for you like a school workbook. If you want it, you have to go get it. But if you don't want it, you may as well not trouble yourself searching because you'll just find what you want to find. I'll see if I can find some. To be honest, I don't want to be reminded of bad things. You don't really believe people in government are basically honest, do you?

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. I'm kind of an old guy so I forget a lot and Trump's M.O. is something I've just experienced over a space of about 40 years. I think he's been bankrupt several times. No one is going to lay out the truth for you like a school workbook. If you want it, you have to go get it. But if you don't want it, you may as well not trouble yourself searching because you'll just find what you want to find. I'll see if I can find some. To be honest, I don't want to be reminded of bad things. You don't really believe people in government are basically honest, do you?

That depends on who you're talking about and whether or not I've seen it for myself.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One of the keys to understanding Trump is that he practices Positive Thinking. That's why you will never hear him discussing failures, and all his words are focused on how great everything is. In some ways, it's an admirable thing to practice. It certainly beats saying, "Everything's going to Hell, and we're all going to suffer and fail and die," LoL.

But that's why you won't hear him talk about negatives. It's not in his mindset.
You seem to be suggesting that you might understand him. Care to share?

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You seem to be suggesting that you might understand him. Care to share?

Well I don't live with the guy, LoL. I'm just telling you, he practices Positive Thinking, and it is very obvious when you stop and actually examine how he approaches nearly any issue, and the things that come out of his mouth.

His father subscribed to it before he did. There are videos on it. Look up "Trump and Norman Vincent Peale."

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know this is a political thread, but there are basically two kinds of people in the world:

Jesus (not anymore but He used to be);

and everybody else

It's not a matter of whether I'm a sinner or not; it's just a matter of in what manner and to what extent and what am I doing about it?

Reactions: Heart2Soul

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well I don't live with the guy, LoL. I'm just telling you, he practices Positive Thinking, and it is very obvious when you stop and actually examine how he approaches nearly any issue, and the things that come out of his mouth.

His father subscribed to it before he did. There are videos on it. Look up "Trump and Norman Vincent Peale."
Yeah, I've read The Art Of The Deal, The Power Of Positive Thinking, and Hill's Think And Grow Rich and many other self-help books. I used to be kind of a self-help book fanatic (These books are not generally the best kind of reading for Christians). One of my favorite one-liners is Covey's "The main thing is to keep the main thing the main thing." I just think there's a lot more to Trump than positive thinking and some of it not so good. I know the old saying "Power corrupts" didn't just fall out of thin air. I also know that the love of money is the root of all manner of evil. Trump also practices a lot of critical speech and mockery. Just sayin' :)

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To be fair, Forbes estimates that Trump's net worth declined a whopping 30% during his presidency, suggesting that he has not profited and in fact may have actually sacrificed wealth to serve his country.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nope.... my opinion came from 4 years of hearing this man talk in person....but I have learned that when someone says something on these forums.... people will spin their words for whatever fits their purpose. I made a comment... because it is honestly how I feel about the situation.
I dont follow any of them . But if you think trump was bad , BIDEN IS WORSE . and that is a fact .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To people on this forum or not who assured me that Trump was going to win and that you had a vision from God about this,.. I'm not mad at you just disappointed and you let me down. :(
They didnt let me down . cause most of them i knew were and had been false ones all along .
I didnt know that about all of them , just most of them .

Reactions: April_Rose

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I should've added "by John Lennon."
I put my trust in Jesus, or as I prefer to call Him, Yeshua. Shalom. :)

Reactions: April_Rose