Family mess/uncomfortable

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(Edit: Everything is okay right now but sometimes it will get awkward.) Just don't want it floating around the internet forever...)

Last edited:
Reactions: amadeus and TLHKAJ

Marvelloustime

Sep 15, 2020
Heaven bound
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Mom took a blanket and went to sit in the car after a ridiculously long walk. I don't know why. She's mad at someone for something.

Its awkward for me, because this is her friends apartment and I have to be here two more weeks, and neither of us know what it is.

And this is a thing.

And she spent a long time explaining to me that I trashed her old apartment and I really, really don't believe some of what was said, but she was robbed after I left and somehow can't even put together that robbers aren't going to kindly lock up after they leave or clean up first.

Please pray for me that just some normal and maybe God can reveal to her some things didn't actually happen or that they weren't me at all.

It was like 7-8 years ago and no idea if that's it but irritated.

I'm also 14 days or something without nicotine and I'm trying really, really, really hard not to go get it.
You and your mom prayed for. Second brother’s question. How is her faith in the LORD?

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I'll be praying for your normal sister and perhaps it maybe about you moving to another place. Even the people we love sometimes secretly hope that we don't find our way out of a hole because misery loves company. PS praying for your mom xox

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mom is a strong Christian woman, but I think she needs prayer. I think she might have some kind of spirit of fear on her from YouTube that is causing her to react in a negative way.

She has a large closet pantry of food storage and doesn't have an income, so she decided it needs to last her to live off of until "Christ's return." And she actually means that.

It's probably a six month supply.
And if one goes home tonight , THEN what . My simple advice is , Just TRUST IN THE LORD
Trusting in the things of this world will always lead us to fear .
And in a single event ALL of that can be taken away in a blink of an eye . BUT , and this is a BIG OL BUT
THEY CANNOT TAKE JESUS FROM US . HOPE IN THE LORD and fear not . You are loved my dear sister . I hope that encourages your mama .

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'll be praying for your normal sister and perhaps it maybe about you moving to another place. Even the people we love sometimes secretly hope that we don't find our way out of a hole because misery loves company. PS praying for your mom xox
I hope so! Maybe God will just do something amazing with me getting an apartment or something, because I came here only knowing them and I don't know a single other person in this entire state. <3 Thank you for prayers.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Fluffy, she is being unreasonable and seemingly irrational. Is this typical behavior for your mom? I'm sorry you're having to deal with drama.

Hopefully, she'll come to understand that you're an adult and you can make your own decisions. It's clear you're not taking advantage of her. Her actions are somewhat puzzling. (And I hope I haven't overstepped.)

Reactions: DuckieLady

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
it gave me some encouragement

So I give you all sommadat encouragement straight from the heart

tumblr_og8pfqk7OF1rzadffo1_500.jpg

I'm cool with all of you.

Last edited:
Reactions: TLHKAJ and Lambano

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can you have an open and honest discussion with your mom so you can get the issues out in the daylight where they can be dealt with?

(Maybe I’d better just hush up and pray for the both of you.)

Reactions: DuckieLady

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can you have an open and honest discussion with your mom so you can get the issues out in the daylight where they can be dealt with?

(Maybe I’d better just hush up and pray for the both of you.)
She seems to have come indoors just a few minutes ago.

Maybe I will let her settle down, and later if I work up the energy to make some potato flatbread and egg butter, I can feed her first and THEN I can strategically and sneakily get it out of her to know what the deal is.

Cause I have learned one thing in life, it's always feed people before serious talk.

Reactions: Wynona and Lambano

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@FluffyYellowDuck, Just as I prayed for you to be included in those whom the Lord will draw to Himself, may you also join me in Praying for your mother to also be included with those whom the Lord is drawing to Himself. May we both continue in pray, praising God and thanking God that He has has beard both of our prayers for your mother and is including her in those whom He will draw to Himself.

Fluffy, may God give you the patience and perseverance to wait for His solution as you both work through the problems that have happened, and are happening at this very moment.

Tears from God for your and your mothers circumstances often bring lots of healing into a situation.

How to start those tears of healing from God is simple. You can start by saying that you are sorry and ask for her forgiveness. You too will also need to forgive her as well for pain that she may have caused you..

Shalom

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mom took a blanket and went to sit in the car after a ridiculously long walk. I don't know why. She's mad at someone for something.

Its awkward for me, because this is her friends apartment and I have to be here two more weeks, and neither of us know what it is.

And this is a thing.

And she spent a long time explaining to me that I trashed her old apartment and I really, really don't believe some of what was said, but she was robbed after I left and somehow can't even put together that robbers aren't going to kindly lock up after they leave or clean up first.

Please pray for me that just some normal and maybe God can reveal to her some things didn't actually happen or that they weren't me at all.

It was like 7-8 years ago and no idea if that's it but irritated.

I'm also 14 days or something without nicotine and I'm trying really, really, really hard not to go get it.

“do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” (Philippians 4:6-7)

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@FluffyYellowDuck, Just as I prayed for you to be included in those whom the Lord will draw to Himself, may you also join me in Praying for your mother to also be included with those whom the Lord is drawing to Himself. May we both continue in pray, praising God and thanking God that He has has beard both of our prayers for your mother and is including her in those whom He will draw to Himself.

Fluffy, may God give you the patience and perseverance to wait for His solution as you both work through the problems that have happened, and are happening at this very moment.

Tears from God for your and your mothers circumstances often bring lots of healing into a situation.

How to start those tears of healing from God is simple. You can start by saying that you are sorry and ask for her forgiveness. You too will also need to forgive her as well for pain that she may have caused you..

Shalom
Amen! I am in agreement with you in prayer. God bless you and I am thankful for all of your prayers.

She definitely needs and deserves to be let go from this stuff. I haven't talked to her yet but now she is having fun with me ... It is like nothing happened.

But also, I'm making the potato flatbread and the egg butter. :rolleyes:

I don't really know what happened, but regardless, I know she needs a lot of healing for a lot of things. There's a heavy weight there and a lot of it is a mystery, but there are no mysteries to God, so I suppose the best thing to do is surrender to an all-knowing God through prayer in these circumstances.