FAREWELL!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've been on CB for over 2 1/2 years, and it's been quite an experience for me. Really, quite a challenge not being able to see who's who and who's posting what.

A little while ago, someone quoted one of my replies and made it look like I said a woman has a right to choose what to do with her own body as if I approve of abortion. SEVERAL TIMES, I asked the person to edit her post in order to clarify that the quote was "hers" and not mine. Instead, she argued with me about it. I'm very angry and sad that there are members who would do such a thing!!!!!!! Of course, they will say it was all innocent--like all the other malicious comments and threats aimed at me. :(

Even though the devil won this battle, he has not and will not win the war!!! In fact, he lost the war! Jesus crushed his head!

I'm leaving for many reasons, but this was the straw that broke the camel's back, so to speak.

Good bye, all, and God bless!

Prayer Warrior
You must realize that there are Left-Wing Christians. Although it is beyond me how they can be Pro-Choice and Pro-Gay marriage even to the tune of Transgender rights to boot. Trump criticized the Fake New as liars. How many of them are Christians? People twist and distort things for their own favor - yes even Christians are sinners. And their excuse may be they don't agree with everything Democrat - as we have seen their divisions about this and that. I understand though, if you must go. However, it's just starting to get exciting - the Lord's return is imminent!

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I don't know what bothers me more...Christian democrats or Christians who think their shit don't stink.
I happen to be both. o_O:eek::oops::( Smile, Jesus loves us just the way we are. :)

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I have come across some people on here that I would rather not talk to as they are so negative and often nasty. I am so glad this site has an 'ignore' option so I don't have to read bad stuff.

WaterSong

Nov 9, 2020
Kansas City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've been on CB for over 2 1/2 years, and it's been quite an experience for me. Really, quite a challenge not being able to see who's who and who's posting what.

A little while ago, someone quoted one of my replies and made it look like I said a woman has a right to choose what to do with her own body as if I approve of abortion. SEVERAL TIMES, I asked the person to edit her post in order to clarify that the quote was "hers" and not mine. Instead, she argued with me about it. I'm very angry and sad that there are members who would do such a thing!!!!!!! Of course, they will say it was all innocent--like all the other malicious comments and threats aimed at me. :(

Even though the devil won this battle, he has not and will not win the war!!! In fact, he lost the war! Jesus crushed his head!

I'm leaving for many reasons, but this was the straw that broke the camel's back, so to speak.

Good bye, all, and God bless!

Prayer Warrior
If I pour a little bit of salt on your little yellow bird tail will you please not fly away? :(
Don't let the Devil or his disciples win! Which they do if they interpolate your actual posts to their liking and then attack what is their own creation. Which is the sign of a seriously deluded mind. They're literally talking to themselves then!

People in Christ don't do to one another what you describe! Why should you leave because they're a butthead? There is the Ignore function you know. You never see them again. Though it does make for confusion when someone chooses to reply to their posts in future. Because all you see is that reply and it can overshadow understanding because the context is lost in not seeing to whom they are speaking.

However, if no longer witnessing their bad behavior, that they insist on repeating even though you've repeatedly asked them to stop, brings you peace it is worth it. And you can always scroll down the page and click the link there to show you the ignored content if you do wish to understand the context behind someones post to what is that person you ignore.

Don't leave! IF you do, they win! And hey, that may be their intention behind their bad behavior.

If I bribe you with this watermelon loving puppy, will you stay?
original.gif

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If I pour a little bit of salt on your little yellow bird tail will you please not fly away? :(
Don't let the Devil or his disciples win! Which they do if they interpolate your actual posts to their liking and then attack what is their own creation. Which is the sign of a seriously deluded mind. They're literally talking to themselves then!

People in Christ don't do to one another what you describe! Why should you leave because they're a butthead? There is the Ignore function you know. You never see them again. Though it does make for confusion when someone chooses to reply to their posts in future. Because all you see is that reply and it can overshadow understanding because the context is lost in not seeing to whom they are speaking.

However, if no longer witnessing their bad behavior, that they insist on repeating even though you've repeatedly asked them to stop, brings you peace it is worth it. And you can always scroll down the page and click the link there to show you the ignored content if you do wish to understand the context behind someones post to what is that person you ignore.

Don't leave! IF you do, they win! And hey, that may be their intention behind their bad behavior.

If I bribe you with this watermelon loving puppy, will you stay?
original.gif
is this emotional blackmail?

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
John 14:21
He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.
but aren't they done away with?

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have come across some people on here that I would rather not talk to as they are so negative and often nasty. I am so glad this site has an 'ignore' option so I don't have to read bad stuff.

Yeah, there are. I've noticed those trying to have a positive outlook, and I honestly do try to not be all gloomy and doomy all the time. That having been said, I do think tough times are coming. But thank goodness there are always other things to talk about, like what the Lord is doing in our lives. :)

WaterSong

Nov 9, 2020
Kansas City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know what bothers me more...Christian democrats or Christians who think their shit don't stink.
I happen to be both. o_O:eek::oops::( Smile, Jesus loves us just the way we are. :)
Sorry? You're saying you happen to be both a Christian democrat who thinks your shit don't stink?
Help me out here. o_O:eek::oops::(

WaterSong

Nov 9, 2020
Kansas City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know if I would qualify as that type person though I also do not discount I could be adjudicated as such by some. And I have no doubt I'm on an ignore list somewhere.
Perception is reality, reality is perception. Everyone is blessed with their own understanding of limits. And what they consider to be tolerable or intolerable according to their faith and values.

For my part, not that anyone asked and realizing this thread is not about me, however, it could in its theme relate to me or anyone else here given why our beloved PW has decided to leave us, if they do, here goes. For my part, I will tolerate certain behaviors for a time. Those who interpolate scripture to the level of absurd, and then begin to mock and totally thrash the actual meaning of scripture, as a for instance.
However, when they demonstrate they have absolutely no interest or capacity to show humility and realize they are wrong in what they're doing, I draw the inference they're up to no good.

And when it comes to someone who I perceive is intent on mocking scripture, insulting Christians, denigrating the word of God, Jesus and his sacrifice, etc... the patience factor dissolves with a quickness. Because then I know they're not simply someone who is not aware, or has suffered under errant teaching, and is open and able to be led aright.

Instead, they demonstrate they are about trolling and mocking and ridicule. And as such, because we're talking about very serious eternal matters here, need be rebuked for their effort! And prevented , as far as being paid attention to, from continuing in their chronic sin by my continuing to engage with them.

Because a Troll type who is intent on misrepresenting the truth of God in Christ can, if let to go on without rebuke, lead new Christians, or those innocents with no knowledge of the Truth of God in Christ, astray. And if that innocent takes that Troll type at their word, thinking it correct Exegesis, they can suffer for it. Jesus came to release those who suffer from their pain. Not to foster it upon them that his words be let to be corrupted by the enemy and his disciples.

If that undertaking on my part gets me put on non-Troll types ignore list, I can live with that. Because an innocent led astray by a Troll type will, if not turned about to the right-eous path, faces the potential of living eternally damned. I'll take being put on anyone's ignore list to do my part to help assuage that from happening.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Sorry? You're saying you happen to be both a Christian democrat who thinks your shit don't stink?
Help me out here. o_O:eek::oops::([/QUOTE
I've always needed someone to save me from myself...thank You, Jesus/Yeshua, my Righteousness!

Reactions: WaterSong

WaterSong

Nov 9, 2020
Kansas City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well heck, if the behavior of the Democrats this last election doesn't stop you from being a Democrat who is also Christian, we need to seriously pelt you with some Skittles till you snap out if it!
ClearcutBothGlowworm-small.gif

Reactions: Hidden In Him

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I like Skittles, says this small-d libertarian democrat.
Do you have some? lol
I'm not a very political person...do you have some?

Reactions: WaterSong

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was so naive and gullible when I was young and I remember my dad and I sitting out on the front lawn watching the birds on the ground...he said if I put salt on their tail I could catch one....I ran in the house and got the salt shaker and spent 30 minutes trying to put salt on a birds tail...my dad had gone inside to hide his laughter as he watched from the window.
He finally came out and told me it was a joke...he realized I was determined and wouldn't quit until I caught one.....lol